+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Change to Weekly Congealed Dreams Quest Recipe for Runecrafters

Rift Disciple

Default Change to Weekly Congealed Dreams Quest Recipe for Runecrafters

For runecrafters the congealed dreams recipe used to take 35 dust of the void plus the vendor mats. Now it takes 24 Nightmare Stars. For those of us not raiding regularly and breaking old equipment, this is pretty much a nightmare. It is more so because Runecrafting is very often paired with Outfitting which has an even more unreasonable cost. Take a look at the numbers:

Apothecary/Weaponsmith - 35 sarleaf required per dream x 2 equals out to 56 plat plus vendor cost per turn in given a rough cost of .8 plat per sarleaf.

Armorsmith - 35 Thalasite bars required per dream x 2 equals out to 52.5 plat plus vendor cost per turn in given a rough cost of .75 plat per bar/ore.

Outfitter - 120 *bolts* of diaphanous cloth required per dream x 2 equals out to 336 plat plus vendor cost per turn in given a rough cost of 1.4 plat per bolt.

Runecrafter - 24 nightmare star required per dream x 2 equals out to 96 plat plus vendor cost per turn in given a rough cost of 2 plat per star.

Additionally, you can't farm runecrafting mats in the same efficient ways you can any of the other mats, so you basically have to rely now on the AH unless you had them stocked up. You can farm up the Thalasite or Sarleaf you need each week in less than an hour, how many dungeon runs would it take to get drops for 24 nightmare stars?

Was there some sort of master plan regarding this? It doesn't seem to have been thought through very well.

You basically just bent over mages and rogues and probably your brand new primalist class since Outfitter/Runecrafter would be a logical profession choice for them as well.
    Last edited by Dio On Endless; 10-07-2015 at 09:03 PM.

Rift Disciple

Too bad I saw the change JUST after I clicked twice and lost a crap load of nightmare stars.
    If I had realized in time I would have rather used sarleaf or ore for the reasons stated above.

Now I have to deal with the loss of 58 nightmare star's, I do not recall seeing this mentioned in the patchnotes.

If it ain't broke...don't fix it

Runecrafting is one of the most expensive crafts in game, IMO
    So now they want us to use purple gear for our weekly quest, when everyone else gets normal easy to get sarleaf etc.
    Though i do think it should be leather for the outfitters, as there is hardly any use for this. Or bring the number of bolts down to 20.
    Why is there such a huge difference for the required mats between profs?

Oh sweet, more bad news about rushed and unfinished patch x, awesome.
    Last edited by Godgrinder; 10-08-2015 at 03:50 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

The change was made to bring the cost to craft for the Runecrafting weekly more in line with the other professions.

If you PvP you should have tons of nightmare stars. It's all you get from breaking ephemeral gear.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    The change was made to bring the cost to craft for the Runecrafting weekly more in line with the other professions.
    So then could you please bring down the number of bolts of cloth needed? Its 3-6 times what the other professions cost.

Rift Disciple

Could we get a breakdown of how the devs see the costs? (I haven't done the research, but if you're balancing it, I assume you guys have.) Looking at the OP, the numbers don't look in line at all. Care to enlighten us?

Soulwalker

If that's the case most of us with Outfitter would appreciate very much if you strongly reduced the amount of bolts of cloth we need to bleed, or alternately make it require leather instead.
    Outfitter has the most taxing material conversion (2 to 1) and requires the most of said mats (120 bolts of cloth)
    Of course it might just be that you made an error and that congealed dreams were supposed to cost 200+ unprocessed mats from all professions

Seriously though, outfitter have been exorbitantly expensive for most if not all people I've talked to for a long time and if runecrafter is such a big outlier that you felt forced to make it require nightmare stars, outfitter cloth requirement should have been fixed by now.
    >inb4 Congealed Dreams for outfitter end up as much of a joke as Reaver balancing
    WARNING: Zoologically improbable and/or terrifying to small children.

Rift Master

If that's the case, then actually bring them in line with the other professions, rather than the outrageous cost they are right now. Also, please put these changes in the patch notes. There's no way that this changes should have been skipped.

As for costs:
    Armor, Weapon, and Apoth all have it the cheapest right now. Their mats are easily farmable (including minions), and only require 35 x 2.
    Next up I would say is Artificer. Still only 35x2 Thalasite crystals, but those are somewhat harder to farm compared to ore/sarleaf.
    Outfitter 3rd: 120 bolts x 2. Are you kidding me? That's 480 cloth. They're also the 2nd most expensive mat (from this list) on here.
    Finally Runecrafter: I can't farm this myself, I have to do it with other people, which means they are going to be rolling on the gear as well, or even worse, actually need it for themselves.

If you want to bring everything in line:
    - Leave Armor, Weapon & Apoth where they are
    - Drop the cost for Artificer down to 24 x 2 Thalasit Crystals
    - Replace outfitter with Leather, and bring it down to 35 x 2
    - Replace Runecrafter with Capricious stars, and bring it down to 20 x 2 (I can live with 24)

Not exactly rocket science. They way things are now, it really looks like you want to punish people.

And yet you failed horribly. Outfitter is completely absurd, and now Runecrafter is as well. Armorsmith, Weaponsmith, Apothecary, and Artificer are all completely reasonable. Not sure about Dream Weaver, since I don't have that maxed.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    If that's the case, then actually bring them in line with the other professions, rather than the outrageous cost they are right now. Also, please put these changes in the patch notes. There's no way that this changes should have been skipped.

As for costs:
    Armor, Weapon, and Apoth all have it the cheapest right now. Their mats are easily farmable (including minions), and only require 35 x 2.
    Next up I would say is Artificer. Still only 35x2 Thalasite crystals, but those are somewhat harder to farm compared to ore/sarleaf.
    Outfitter 3rd: 120 bolts x 2. Are you kidding me? That's 480 cloth. They're also the 2nd most expensive mat (from this list) on here.
    Finally Runecrafter: I can't farm this myself, I have to do it with other people, which means they are going to be rolling on the gear as well, or even worse, actually need it for themselves.

If you want to bring everything in line:
    - Leave Armor, Weapon & Apoth where they are
    - Drop the cost for Artificer down to 24 x 2 Thalasit Crystals
    - Replace outfitter with Leather, and bring it down to 35 x 2
    - Replace Runecrafter with Capricious stars, and bring it down to 20 x 2 (I can live with 24)

Not exactly rocket science. They way things are now, it really looks like you want to punish people.
    they can leave 120 for outfit, just change to leather, please, so i don't have vendor them anymore, but have some use of them

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    they can leave 120 for outfit, just change to leather, please, so i don't have vendor them anymore, but have some use of them
    Yes, please!

Plane Touched

Default Patch Notes

Can we please get these crafting changes detailed in the Patch Notes? It's very disruptive to be surprised by them.

I'd love to see a simple table: Crafted Item; Old Recipe; New Recipe.

If there were any other changes like this one to Runecrafter: Congealed Dreams, could we please get the table above for the 3.4 Patch?
    Last edited by xeroid; 10-09-2015 at 09:42 AM.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Can we please get these crafting changes detailed in the Patch Notes? It's very disruptive to be surprised by them.
    This should have been in the patch notes, you are 100% correct. I looked and in fact, it is not there. We failed and owe you an apology for that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast