+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 79
Like Tree120Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar fishing just went down hill

  1. #1
    Ascendant BlackZodiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,623

    Default Planar fishing just went down hill

    They nerfed planar fishing by adding trash to the lures (still a 5 mins), reduced the cooldown from 24 to 8 hrs yay? And didnt increase the lure timer or increase the chance to fish up motes and relic motes? Oh yeah forgot to add only by lures can you fish up the motes, which DECREASES the chance to get them.

    Now the prices for motes are going to SKYROCKET in the AH!

    Even worse now for planar crafting the dimension items is a pipe dream..... Think it was tough to made them before, which I made (1) little under 1k, now its going to take forevwr just to make one? Yeah...my dreams of making alot for my dim just his the toilet.

    Thanks Trion for looking out for us dimensioneers
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 10-07-2015 at 04:19 PM.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    Thanks Trion for looking out for us dimensioneers
    It goes beyond that. As a DreamWeaver I was at least a bit excited about the new dream orbs, then to find out that motes are needed. Oh yeah, thats just great since I already put away a useless planar pole to find out I need two other useless poles and their corresponding lures. I have a simple reply for the devs on this idiocy, F This Crap.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara lynspottery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Snellville, GA USA
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackZodiac View Post
    They nerfed planar fishing by adding trash to the lures (still a 5 mins), reduced the cooldown from 24 to 8 hrs yay? And didnt increase the lure timer or increase the chance to fish up motes and relic motes? Oh yeah forgot to add only by lures can you fish up the motes, which DECREASES the chance to get them.

    Now the prices for motes are going to SKYROCKET in the AH!

    Even worse now for planar crafting the dimension items is a pipe dream..... Think it was tough to made them before, which I made (1) little under 1k, now its going to take forevwr just to make one? Yeah...my dreams of making alot for my dim just his the toilet.

    Thanks Trion for looking out for us dimensioneers
    I wish I could discuss the fishing issue, but because I do not fish much I have no viable opinion on it. However, I will say one thing, crafters appear to be put behind the door again.

    I posted about the cost of making items here and feel the situation probably is parallel to the fishing problem mentioned in this thread.

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    I wish I could discuss the fishing issue, but because I do not fish much I have no viable opinion on it. However, I will say one thing, crafters appear to be put behind the door again.

    I posted about the cost of making items here and feel the situation probably is parallel to the fishing problem mentioned in this thread.
    Its very parallel in that the fishing changes made planar ingredients that much harder to get. When an item is already hard to get, nerfing the ability to get it is just not a smart move. While I have heard that the nerf is in response to botters who would set their toons to fish all day long, I suspect P2W had alot to do with the decision.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arderia View Post
    Its very parallel in that the fishing changes made planar ingredients that much harder to get. When an item is already hard to get, nerfing the ability to get it is just not a smart move. While I have heard that the nerf is in response to botters who would set their toons to fish all day long, I suspect P2W had alot to do with the decision.
    Kind of a silly response to the botters if that is true, given that it is not hard at all to figure out who is fishing all day long everyday and banning them just as it isn't difficult to figure out that the 30 or so un-guilded warriors who usually top the leader boards in mob kills each week are bots.

    I suspect that Trion ignores the actual botters because enough of them are hard core raiders that they are worried about the backlash of actually banning even the most obvious offenders.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    Kind of a silly response to the botters if that is true, given that it is not hard at all to figure out who is fishing all day long everyday and banning them just as it isn't difficult to figure out that the 30 or so un-guilded warriors who usually top the leader boards in mob kills each week are bots.

    I suspect that Trion ignores the actual botters because enough of them are hard core raiders that they are worried about the backlash of actually banning even the most obvious offenders.
    It's a bit trickier with fishers because there was a time when everyone was fishing for the Satan's lure and people literally spent days on it. 8-10 hour long fishing sessions may not have gotten you to the top of the leaderboards but still showed suspicious amounts of casts. Some people out there are still trying. So, unlike the mob killing bots, fisher bots are a bit harder to actually spot. And besides, if I get it right (never tried planar fishing, sorry), you have to apply a lure to get planar stuff? And the lure has a cd? So, what's the point of botting all day long if you're limited to the lure duration and cd? (Correct me if I got something wrong, I'm only here because BlackZodiac posted the link to this thread in the dim forums, sorry:)).
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  7. #7
    Ascendant BlackZodiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    It's a bit trickier with fishers because there was a time when everyone was fishing for the Satan's lure and people literally spent days on it. 8-10 hour long fishing sessions may not have gotten you to the top of the leaderboards but still showed suspicious amounts of casts. Some people out there are still trying. So, unlike the mob killing bots, fisher bots are a bit harder to actually spot. And besides, if I get it right (never tried planar fishing, sorry), you have to apply a lure to get planar stuff? And the lure has a cd? So, what's the point of botting all day long if you're limited to the lure duration and cd? (Correct me if I got something wrong, I'm only here because BlackZodiac posted the link to this thread in the dim forums, sorry).
    They also changed it to where you can ONLY fish up motes if your actually using a lure for that particular pole. When before you could fish all day long without the lure and still fish up both motes. Now this is not the case. On top of that, it only lasts 5 mins....and they smacked us in the face by adding trash to the lure pick ups, which also minimises the chance to get them.
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 10-07-2015 at 08:07 PM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Well at least now people won't qq about planar fishing bots (sorry bad sleepy joke)


    I haven't actually tried planar fishing yet because when I looked at the mats to make a single pole I got all 'omg no' and then just forgot about it. I do crifts when I'm not busy building, but fishing for a chance to get a few motes isn't what I'd call fun. I mean, from the whole list of planar crafted dim items I only want like two. To make just one single item, I'd have to fish my 'part where the back meets the legs' off, besides spending some crit ton of credits on it. So, um, no thanks:) Not until it gets more accessible anyways.

    So, I feel your pain in the way that some items are just too hard to get, but IMO it's just not worth the trouble. Even Satan's lure gives me something I could use for 10 plat a day. And planar crafting is just way too much for someone who builds or chills 99% of her time;)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laeti View Post
    It's a bit trickier with fishers because there was a time when everyone was fishing for the Satan's lure and people literally spent days on it. 8-10 hour long fishing sessions may not have gotten you to the top of the leaderboards but still showed suspicious amounts of casts. Some people out there are still trying. So, unlike the mob killing bots, fisher bots are a bit harder to actually spot. And besides, if I get it right (never tried planar fishing, sorry), you have to apply a lure to get planar stuff? And the lure has a cd? So, what's the point of botting all day long if you're limited to the lure duration and cd? (Correct me if I got something wrong, I'm only here because BlackZodiac posted the link to this thread in the dim forums, sorry).
    Well, if you say an average of 3 catches per minutes, I have seen TONS of people on the boards who would have had to fish 23 hours a day all week to get the number of catches present. That happened before Stan's and still happens today well after Stans. It is not uncommon to see people with 20K catches in a week, which is ~16 hours a day 7 days a week. So, not so difficult to spot really.

    A few months back I reported a botter who actually had the word bot in his name sitting near the top of the leader boards each week. I even posted about it on the boards about it as the botter was so unafraid of Trion that he would put bot in the name. The result? They censored his name in my post, but he apparently found out about it. The character changed his name to not include bot, but he is still fishing away for hours on end each week.

    As to the rest of it. Before today's patch, you had a small chance to get motes without the lure and an even smaller chance to get the relic version. So, botters would get a sizeable amount of motes over a 24 hour period for sure. I don't know what the RNG is on the relics, but in theory someone botting 16-24 hours would have a much greater chance at it than a normal player who might fish 1-2 hours a day, or even an enthusiast who might do it much more than that for a few days.

    The patch ushered in the behavior you are describing, having to use the lures. But, in order to mildly punish the botters (who are going to bot anyway as they did before the imperishable items), they have punished everyone else who fishes. Horrible change IMO. Can't wait for Fallout 4 to release.
    Last edited by Dio On Endless; 10-07-2015 at 09:01 PM.

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    hello people

    im reading patch notes but i dindt see nothing about it..so now you wont get any mote just using planar pole withouth lure?...you need for some items 100 motes..if you have 5 mint of lure how you are going to get them....?

  11. #11
    Telaran arrensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    97

    Default

    * The Planar Crafted fishing poles no longer fish up Motes or the relic Imperishable without the use of a Planar Crafted fishing lure.
    - With this change, the cooldown on the Planar Crafted fishing lures has been reduced from 24 hours to 8 hours.
    Taken from the patch notes, section "Crafting"
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

  12. #12
    Telaran scarletminx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Been fishing for weeks, around 8hrs a day to get uncle stans lure (still not got it & not giving up yet)

    Tried planar pole yesterday with a lure and got tons of junk & one mote which i will need to make the next lure.
    Got 2 planar poles which i was going to spend more time on when i finally/hopefully got uncle stans lure, but now they are totally useless apart from every 8 hrs?

    If this is the amount of motes we are going to get, with small hope of the imperishable, not much point in poles/lures.
    Thanks for nothing, total waste of the mats and days i spent to get the craftsman marks for poles/lures.
    Last edited by scarletminx; 10-08-2015 at 01:39 AM.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arrensen View Post
    Taken from the patch notes, section "Crafting"
    thanks for answering me i didnt read it

    "THANKS TRION" you are amesowe

  14. #14
    Ascendant Laeti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dio On Endless View Post
    Well, if you say an average of 3 catches per minutes, I have seen TONS of people on the boards who would have had to fish 23 hours a day all week to get the number of catches present. That happened before Stan's and still happens today well after Stans. It is not uncommon to see people with 20K catches in a week, which is ~16 hours a day 7 days a week. So, not so difficult to spot really.

    A few months back I reported a botter who actually had the word bot in his name sitting near the top of the leader boards each week. I even posted about it on the boards about it as the botter was so unafraid of Trion that he would put bot in the name. The result? They censored his name in my post, but he apparently found out about it. The character changed his name to not include bot, but he is still fishing away for hours on end each week.

    As to the rest of it. Before today's patch, you had a small chance to get motes without the lure and an even smaller chance to get the relic version. So, botters would get a sizeable amount of motes over a 24 hour period for sure. I don't know what the RNG is on the relics, but in theory someone botting 16-24 hours would have a much greater chance at it than a normal player who might fish 1-2 hours a day, or even an enthusiast who might do it much more than that for a few days.

    The patch ushered in the behavior you are describing, having to use the lures. But, in order to mildly punish the botters (who are going to bot anyway as they did before the imperishable items), they have punished everyone else who fishes. Horrible change IMO. Can't wait for Fallout 4 to release.
    I don't check leaderboards really:) Just said that because at the time when everyone was fishing for satan's lure like crazy all fishing leaderboards were messed up, and so were a few others as well, so it was pretty hard to find an actual bot among us crazy fishermen lol.

    I agree that if this is the way to deal with botters and not a necessity to lower certain item drop (which in this case is far from truth) then it's not a good way of doing that. It's just even without the lures and their cds the whole planar fishing process seemed pretty useless to me, and now that it got worse, I'll just stick to satan's loot forever:)
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

  15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    You have a 50% chance to get 1-3 motes by doing a crafting rift.

    We want you to do this content, not sit around fishing (read: botting) hoping to get motes.


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts