+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 79
Like Tree120Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar fishing just went down hill

  1. #31
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Increase the drop rate on Crafting rifts to give a 100% chance of getting 3 to 5 motes. That will ensure people will run them (guaranteed rewards work wonders).

    Make the planar lure have 5 charges that guarantee you fish up motes (I'd suggest 1 to 3). This would help the CD make sense AND give the people that put the effort into making them and using them worth the time investment.

  2. #32
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste, you can still fish up materials with the lure.
    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    Yes but unless it gets the cost of the lure plus the chance for more there is no point in it.

  3. #33
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    382

    Default

    On a side note. I watched how Planar crafting was unfolding when it went live and never bothered with it.
    It was all RNG based and that makes it an unreliable path. I don't waste my time with things that are unreliable.

  4. #34
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste, you can still fish up materials with the lure.
    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    Sorry Mort,

    You are now REALLY REALLY insulting my intelligence ...

    Untill your last 2 replies, I was "only" upset by the changes, and was blaming Trion for not forseeing the obvious, even though you were warned here on these very forums.
    Yet you took NO pre emptive measures to counteract this.
    Instead you let it get out of hand and now let us legit players suffer for this, and in an attempt to make it sound "not so bad" you just go ahead and insult me/us and our intelligence.

    I am one of your players that actually enjoy fishing, I do this next to the content you want AKA now wish to FORCE me to do.

    This what is happening here is YOUR doing.

    At first you had such a low droprate vs demand in recipes in the craftrifts it was ridiculous, and it somehow took you weeks and weeks to crank it up by a little.
    YOU drove many away from the craftrifts, by starting with a way too low droprate, then wait way too long to "fix" it, that added with a bug that you risk to get nothing at all when too many are present.
    You put up the relic motes in the riftstore for a hefty credit price, and then the lures for credits ... sending a message to the players ... you want more? PAY ...
    You were praticly begging for bots to arise to abuse this situation.
    (I cannot believe you were totally clueless about this, again people warned you even here on these forums)

    "We want you to do this content, NOT sit around fishing ..."

    POORLY worded to us real fishers, as fishing IS content to me.
    If you wanted to address BOTS you could have presented it different instead of making fishing sound now as a unwanted activity in rift and associated with botting.
    Do you say this the same way to the harvest/skin/WF/dungeon bots - players?

    We want you to do this content, not sit around harvesting/killing/dungeoning aka botting?

    And it IS a waste Mort, you made me WASTE time/effort/plat/marks/credits on crafting these poles with a promise, a promise you broke, you took away their function as intended to lure me to invest and use these poles.
    The Planar Lures are a JOKE, all of us that tried them all have the same experience, they suck. ALL other lures kind of guarantee some result, some days better then others, but at least you get SOMETHING.
    With these lures more often then not you end up with NOTHING. Even the tooltip indicates how much "not-hope" one should have --> "slightly".

    If you think I would have made those poles knowing they only would be useful with those lures, 5 mins per now 8 hours on a SHARED CD, you are sooo very mistaken.

    You HAVE WASTED my time/effort/plat/marks/credits.

    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    Such a lie ...

    The lure also gives a bare minimum slightly higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole does when used alone.
    This ... you made the truth ...
    Last edited by Umfufu; 10-08-2015 at 05:18 PM.

  5. #35
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste, you can still fish up materials with the lure.
    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    I had Uncle Stans Pole and it worked just fine, I only PURCHASED (around 1400 plat) the mats and crafted the new pole in order to be able to fish up the rare mote. YES I SAID RARE. The most motes I ever got in a day from fishing was a whole whopping TWO, and I never got a full imperishable. The pole and the lures attached are now USELESS, as the lures were useless from day one and I refused to craft any after the first three gave me nothing.

    I really hoped for a better response from the Devs here at Trion, But all we have gotten from you is insults. I dont care how good and creative you are at game design, if you piss off your customer base you are FAIL. I rage dropped my Patron status yesterday, but you know how that goes. After your comments here, the $65-$100 a month I have been spending on Rift will now cease. I refuse to give my money to a business that is so quick to be insulting to its customer base. And you sir, insulted us with each comment you have made.

  6. #36
    Shadowlander Oolanh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste, you can still fish up materials with the lure.
    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    before the patch lure doesn't give me mote
    and the drop rate with out lure was a little better...
    a leat 1 relic /5 motes for 2 hour fishing when a got chance..
    and my friends says that i'm a lucky man...

    now ... 1 relix for 10 lure ... i've no more mote for lure... and so... do i 'v to buy a 150PP mote to craft a lure... for a pole which cost me 30 mote...

    ..... I juste want a real chance to get my lure mote back... at first..

  7. #37
    Champion of Telara lynspottery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Snellville, GA USA
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    You have a 50% chance to get 1-3 motes by doing a crafting rift.

    We want you to do this content, not sit around fishing (read: botting) hoping to get motes.

    Actually, our guild does crafting rifts fairly regularly and we do get sufficient mote drops for most folks. I do think this might have been adjusted between the initial launch to current time because it did work fine last week.

    Am hoping to see a better drop rate on the major imperishables though, because we need two for one piece of gear or weapon. If you are requiring one major to make and a second to upgrade a piece, it makes it impossible for me to make any planar items to sell and I can't afford to purchase them.

    The other option would be to remove the requirement for one major to make planar pieces. This would facilitate my being able to craft something others would purchase even if they had to get a major imperishable to upgrade it.

  8. #38
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Ok so people are upset they wasted a lot of time, plat and effort to craft these planar poles only to have the reason the did so stripped with 3.4

    I completely reconcile with the fact you'd be feeling incredibly frustrated, put out, betrayed - because I would be too if I had been in that position myself.

    However, I think people underestimate the incredible and subversive effect that fish botting has had on the rift economy since fishing came out back in late vanilla. It has poured and poured and poured money into the hands of the few, making the inflation on play huge as more and more gets pumped into the economy. This plat though is not being spread out amoungst the whole community it is only going to the few who cheat the system.

    Before I continue, I'm sure many of you are looking at the hypocrisy in my words - Hahaha don't you lead the guild of exploiters etc etc. And while on a moral level you would be right, our misdemeanors had no impact on the gameplay of others in the slightest, and we were very publically shamed for our actions.

    The fish botters on the other hand escape unscathed and unpunished, many of them well known, high profile players who are in the devs pockets - in private skype channels with them etc. It's rather disgusting that they continue to get away with crashing the market that something simply had to be done.

    Trion should have acted A LOT sooner, but giving the fish botters the power to farm motes selling for 50-100 plat each on the auction house in huge amounts would have been too disastrous for even them to ignore.

    Already a well known fish botter on NA decided they were going to buy ALL the rex on ALL the servers, just because they could. In the last 2 months the price of rex has gone from ~1.3k to 2-2.5k all because of botters ability to control the market.

    Trion still refuses to fix the problem, so if there's anyone to be mad at about your precious rods being rippers it's the botters who continue to bot without punishment or sanction, controlling the free market, while trion eats out of their hands in their skype groups.

  9. #39
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    You have a 50% chance to get 1-3 motes by doing a crafting rift.

    We want you to do this content, not sit around fishing (read: botting) hoping to get motes.

    So Trion are now adopting the Blizzard approach: you will do what WE think is fun even if you loathe it, as well as treating players as collateral damage in your [losing] war against the bots.

    Got it.

  10. #40
    Plane Walker Zomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste, you can still fish up materials with the lure.
    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    You had to add grey trash loot to fishing with the lure. I suspect the reason is that it's common enough to not even get a mote over the duration of teh lure that some people thought there might be a bug.

    Yet, it does cost a mote to make a lure. The "higher than without the lure" is irrelevant, the total effect is worse than without the lure if you count the cost of the lure.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

  11. #41
    Telaran arrensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    You have a 50% chance to get 1-3 motes by doing a crafting rift.

    We want you to do this content, not sit around fishing (read: botting) hoping to get motes.

    So, since you want us to get the motes mainly from the crafting rifts and not from fishing. taken the fact i can get 1 crafting lure per week. given your assumption of a 50% chance to get 1-3 motes per rift and an equal chance of 1, 2 or 3 motes, means i can expect about 1 mote per rift in average.
    Normal groups run with 20 ppl, everyone opens one lure. You normally only get invited if you have a lure, so i can do 20 rifts per week. That means in one complete run / one week i can expect to get about 20 motes.
    I need 10 motes for one batch (4pc) of the new dream orbs, meaning i can craft 8 dream orbs per week as a self supplier, without buying additional motes.
    I need dream orbs for 4 slots with 12 stat combinations each (if i'm not mistaken), with equal chance. so in average 12 orbs per slot to get the bis dream orb (some times more, some times less). That summs up to 48 dream orbs i need per character and role (dps vs tank).
    so for one role only i need about 6 weeks average to get the new BIS dream orbs.

    Not to speak of relic imperishables i need for earring runes or crafting the new seal.

    Thank you so much trion...
    (retired) Arrensen
    <Transcendent>
    Gelidra
    HK 11/11 - iGP HM 4/4 - MoM 9/9 + 2/2 HM

  12. #42
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    Ok so people are upset they wasted a lot of time, plat and effort to craft these planar poles only to have the reason the did so stripped with 3.4

    I completely reconcile with the fact you'd be feeling incredibly frustrated, put out, betrayed - because I would be too if I had been in that position myself.

    However, I think people underestimate the incredible and subversive effect that fish botting has had on the rift economy since fishing came out back in late vanilla. It has poured and poured and poured money into the hands of the few, making the inflation on play huge as more and more gets pumped into the economy. This plat though is not being spread out amoungst the whole community it is only going to the few who cheat the system.

    Before I continue, I'm sure many of you are looking at the hypocrisy in my words - Hahaha don't you lead the guild of exploiters etc etc. And while on a moral level you would be right, our misdemeanors had no impact on the gameplay of others in the slightest, and we were very publically shamed for our actions.

    The fish botters on the other hand escape unscathed and unpunished, many of them well known, high profile players who are in the devs pockets - in private skype channels with them etc. It's rather disgusting that they continue to get away with crashing the market that something simply had to be done.

    Trion should have acted A LOT sooner, but giving the fish botters the power to farm motes selling for 50-100 plat each on the auction house in huge amounts would have been too disastrous for even them to ignore.

    Already a well known fish botter on NA decided they were going to buy ALL the rex on ALL the servers, just because they could. In the last 2 months the price of rex has gone from ~1.3k to 2-2.5k all because of botters ability to control the market.

    Trion still refuses to fix the problem, so if there's anyone to be mad at about your precious rods being rippers it's the botters who continue to bot without punishment or sanction, controlling the free market, while trion eats out of their hands in their skype groups.
    Terrene motes can't melt steel beams
    Acuta - Apotheosys

  13. #43
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ttlyevil View Post
    Terrene motes can't melt steel beams
    Wasn't talking about apoth lad XD.

    No idea what goes on on EU but on NA it's no tinfoil hat.

    Although obviously I appreciate the memes.

  14. #44
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a waste, you can still fish up materials with the lure.
    The lure also gives a higher chance at getting the planar crafting material than the pole did when used alone.
    I have used three lures now over the last several days, and unfortunately, have not gotten even one mote to replace the mote I had to use to make the lure. Is anyone else also not getting any motes when using the lures?

    Can the Devs please consider going back to the drawing board and seeing if there can be a reasonable compromise to this issue? I do crifts on 2 different characters right now. I'm just not getting the specific motes I want for crafting X item from doing crifts. The only way I had of getting the exact type of mote/relic I wanted for crafting was through fishing. I have fished for hours, but at least I was able to get the motes I really needed even if it took a long time to do. This mote situation has created a bottleneck for crafting that is making crafting just not fun to do right now for mote/relic dependent items.

    I can't say it strongly enough that people spent time, and in many cases real life money to construct these poles that were supposed to able to fish up motes with just the poles, but better chance with the lures, and now that has been thrown out the window because of botters... who, btw, have already gotten more than enough motes prior to this mess. In essence, though it might not have been intentional, it is an instance of "bait and switch." I understand you need to be able to make changes to address certain situations, but there needs to be a middle ground for the people who got the poles and now can't use them as they originally intended to use them.

    To be clear, I have no problem with the fish selling to vendor for 1 silver. I use the fish I fish up for crafting, so them vendoring for silver does not impact me at all. What I do object to is crafting these poles with the intention of getting specific motes to craft items for my main character, and now, not being able to.

    Someone mentioned earlier that maybe you can make it so the lures will 100% drop 3-5 motes each time you use them so that at least there is the option to get motes from the poles if that is how you would rather get your mats for crafting. It would be a slow process, but at least it would be reliable.
    Last edited by Ahnastashia; 10-09-2015 at 05:27 AM.

  15. #45
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    You have a 50% chance to get 1-3 motes by doing a crafting rift.

    We want you to do this content, not sit around fishing (read: botting) hoping to get motes.

    I get that you want us to do this content, it sucks when you have leechers coming far and wide who do not provide a lure but will reep in the rewards. How is this fair to those of us who took the time and materials to make the lures for crifts? I think this should go along the lines of DRR (Sea of Ladon, etc) where the person who has the lure gets higher/better rewards guaranteed while the others joining will get a chance of getting. Then those who are not part of the "raid team" will get regular items instead of the motes and the higher item(s).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts