+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Fishing and Lure changes with 3.4

Default Planar Fishing and Lure changes with 3.4

As of 3.4, lures will be required to fish up imperishables with planar crafted poles.

It is way, way too late to make a change like this. Remember that some people spent credits to buy both materials and recipes which now will not do what the Devs said they would do.

I would say at this point that planar fishing, while great in its concept, was a failure in its execution. It is unforgivable not to have foreseen the effect that botters would have on the imperishable market. Consider the absurdly high cost of a one time use recipe, coupled with the material cost of an item that no longer works as advertised, and now the game has once again been balanced around botters instead of honest players.

I propose the following: remove planar fishing from the game. Allow crafters to turn in their poles and lures, and return the marks and materials to the crafters. Learn from this mistake, and do not make it again.

At the very least, poles should be salvaged for the imperishable mats and removed from the game, and the lures should be applicable to Atragarian or better pole.

Thanks.
    Last edited by jkelley393; 10-07-2015 at 08:38 AM.

I may have very bad luck, but for now...
    • Over 50 crafting rifts done, before and after the patch changing the drop rate, I got a grand total 0 imperishable (including no mote at all). That does include 7 lures from my weekly quests, making those by very far the least rewarding quests of any game I've tried
    • By using about 1 lure every other day since about a week after their introduction, I got 1 imperishable tide and less than 10 motes more than I used for the lures. Actually, I may be at 0 mote as my total is 15 but that includes those I fished without lure, and I noticed a few times not even getting 1 back to pay for the lure
    • The only planar crafts I managed are from what I fished without a lure, or for the pole by buying the components

So now that bots have stocked up on useful components, this is nerfed for others, even before I have time to try and get components for the pole. From my experience, I probably won't play the game long enough to benefit from buyinng the components for the pole.

Whoever came up with the whole planar crafting, you've done far far more than any bug or any other change to the game to disgust me. Having only rehashed raids in tier 2 that we've completed a few years ago seems like a fabulous design decision compared to the way crafting has been massacred.

Sir, lady, you who came up with planar crafting, I don't salute you.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zomb View Post
    • Over 50 crafting rifts done, before and after the patch changing the drop rate, I got a grand total 0 imperishable (including no mote at all). That does include 7 lures from my weekly quests, making those by very far the least rewarding quests of any game I've tried
    • By using about 1 lure every other day since about a week after their introduction, I got 1 imperishable tide and less than 10 motes more than I used for the lures. Actually, I may be at 0 mote as my total is 15 but that includes those I fished without lure, and I noticed a few times not even getting 1 back to pay for the lure
    • The only planar crafts I managed are from what I fished without a lure, or for the pole by buying the components

So now that bots have stocked up on useful components, this is nerfed for others, even before I have time to try and get components for the pole. From my experience, I probably won't play the game long enough to benefit from buyinng the components for the pole.

Whoever came up with the whole planar crafting, you've done far far more than any bug or any other change to the game to disgust me. Having only rehashed raids in tier 2 that we've completed a few years ago seems like a fabulous design decision compared to the way crafting has been massacred.

well, it's only your bad luck, talking from my personal experience with fishing

Quote Originally Posted by Zomb View Post
    .. ...
    same stats... and my friend calle me "lucky man"...
    so now fews who knows (prefer that that"s says "botfisher") have the market..

and so to start planar fishing you need 1 imperrissable and 30 stats.. so now..

trion kill the planar fishing and so the "normal player" have just to forget planar crafting..

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    well, it's only your bad luck, talking from my personal experience with fishing
    It's not just my bad luck. 2 guildmates who also fish a lot have had similar results, where the lures don't change much the outcome.

Don't get me wrong, I did get some materials through fishing. Just using the lure, once you take into account that you have to use a mote to make the relatively low duration lure, the results have been very underwhelming. In total I have fished 1 orange item, and although most of the time I get at least 1 mote in the time the lure lasts, I rarely get more.

I think what I had really crap luck with is the rifts. No mat whatsoever from 50ish rifts is really bad. My wife did get 8 or 9 motes, from only about 40ish rifts. But between the 2 of us that's 2 months worth of lures for 2 people, to end up with less materials than are required for event just 1 batch of orbs.

I have all crafting skills maxed, yet have only managed to get enough for 1 craft from all the activities available in game for gathering materials. 1 craft total for 9 crafting skills combined, and that one only because I did fish a lot, with that part being removed from the game now... Should I consider that good game design? More like boring torture.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

4 trys a this time 4 lure... 4 element (Earth wind fire and water)
    no mote
    no relic...
    .. woot.. thank trion.. you kill my day and a least 450 pp..

The Planar Crafting fishing lure now occasionally lets you fish-up trash to let you know that the lure is working.
    Say what?? we know it doesn't work as intended so why add trash to this process that interferes with the 5 min timer, with a cooldown of 8 hours?

The Planar Crafted fishing poles no longer fish up Motes or the relic Imperishable without the use of a Planar Crafted fishing lure.
    should increase the chance of us receiving them, since we did take time to gather all the mats to make a pole

With this change, the cooldown on the Planar Crafted fishing lures has been reduced from 24 hours to 8 hours.
    still 5 mins?

Soulwalker

Planar crafting is now a full on joke with these changes. I have already removed the pole from my bags and dumped into a bank slot with hopes that someone at Trion grows a brain and honestly fixes the issue or they return the mats and marks spent for the worthless piece of junk. I was already losing interest due to an absurdly low drop rate, but now I couldn't give a crap.

If the BS done in the patch today is the result of botters, you dont fix the problem by punishing the people who actually play, You do what EVE does and strip the bottter of all their improper gains and then give a month ban. But that might cut into their P2W profits so I dont expect much.

This is supposed to be an exciting day with the new area, yet I will most likely spend less than an hour playing. If this is Trions best, they may lose a well paying customer.

I'm a crafting junkie, and I have to agree with everyone else. Planar fishing is a joke.

3.4 isn't much better. I blew upwards of 475-500p (not exactly sure) buying all the new recipes, and even though I've been doing crafting dailies from the get go, since the last major update, I have not been able to even make a dent in buying the recipes with Marks and such.

I wish Trion would have made crafting more like Vanguard Saga of Heroes and less like WoW.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Arderia View Post
    Planar crafting is now a full on joke with these changes. I have already removed the pole from my bags and dumped into a bank slot with hopes that someone at Trion grows a brain and honestly fixes the issue or they return the mats and marks spent for the worthless piece of junk. I was already losing interest due to an absurdly low drop rate, but now I couldn't give a crap.

If the BS done in the patch today is the result of botters, you dont fix the problem by punishing the people who actually play, You do what EVE does and strip the bottter of all their improper gains and then give a month ban. But that might cut into their P2W profits so I dont expect much.

This is supposed to be an exciting day with the new area, yet I will most likely spend less than an hour playing. If this is Trions best, they may lose a well paying customer.
    Thats honestly how I feel as well, like its a punishment. Their very words that they added trash to how its working is a clear statement towards us as a joke? I take if very offensively and plainly clear that its a nerf that wont entice anyone to take up fishing as a means for fun or to take interest in Dreamweaving. The amout it takes to craft just ONE item is insane. Now its just impossible, unless you fork out your peronal hard earned money. Personally I do not have the extra money to out right buy the motes. I have a wife and four kids to place before this game. This was suppose to be a means of fun, instead it has now become a means of a bank roll, a money sink and plainly wrong...just wrong! Yes no one is forcing me to play. But as Trion once said in the past "We listen to everyones opinion and make changes" this^ should be one of those times to change.
    Last edited by BlackZodiac; 10-07-2015 at 06:01 PM.

Soulwalker

Wow.. All I can say is Wow.. And well.. WTF?

So the drop rate has gone from little to none at all unless you use the VERY motes you are trying to save for crafting to make lures with very little reward is just wrong.

And yes, you are not fixing this problem AT ALL. This IS punishment for those who legitimately go out and work hard for what they do. The planar poles might have been a great idea to begin with but it never was really.

Most of us have jobs and families and we can't spend twenty four hours on the computer to play rift let alone spending half that time just fishing enough materials to make something cool. Crafting rifts? One lure a week per character? Unless you are lucky enough to get in a good Crifting group that spends HOURS on closing crafting rifts, you MIGHT be lucky to get some motes or even an orange imperishable.

And why are we taking the nerf bat to fishing when it was horrible to begin with? Botters? Seriously? You ARE punishing us for those who cheat. Fix this right Trion!

Bots ruined planar fishing.
    Now the rest of us (genuine players) are being punished.

The bots haven't been punished.
    They are sitting on stacks of planar motes right now, selling them and making huge plat.
    While the rest of us are having trouble acquiring just one.

The best thing to do would make planar motes buyable from the rift store for an affordable amount of crafting currency.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 10-07-2015 at 10:08 PM.

A suitable way to resolve this would be to do something similar to some standard fishing lures.
    I'm not sure why you'd introduce grey items to a lure just to verify that it's working - what's up with that?
    Anyway, instead of requiring players to use a mote to craft something that gives the chance to get motes, why can't it work like "guarantee motes for 90 seconds" like some of the fishing lures. Then, we might actually have a chance to get some of the motes that we need to craft orbs with, amongst other things.

Edit: The 90-second thing was a reflection on current fishing lures rather than picking a period of time that would be useful for obtaining enough motes, given the cooldown on the lure.
    Last edited by Hewi; 10-07-2015 at 11:20 PM.
    NA#1 T-Rex. One of the token aussies for -Lemme Smash-
    RIP Coriolis.

PrancingTurtle online log parser

Though I understand why Trion made the changes in planar fishing, I think they are not done fixing the problem yet. Before I used to do my daily fishing quest with one or a few planar poles just to get a few motes. Since now it's impossible, I tried a few lures. Guess what. I tried a charged lure last night and a blazing one today. From both I got a total of 0 motes.

Since we need lots and lots of telluric motes for the new orbs, this has to be fixed. Crafting rifts aren't enough to satisfy the market. Please, make lures guarantee the drop of the motes. Even if you reduce them to 2 minutes or similar. I don't want to feed the botters with my money, so I refuse to buy those motes from AH at ridiculous prices.

Used the 8hr Lure yesterday and again just now...same result 1 mote each time....which i then need to make another lure....what a dumb nerf to the game.
    Before 3.4 i was actually making a small amount of money from fishing, and sort of enjoying it while i watched tv on another screen. ( though afew of those little buggers did get away when i got too engrossed in tv ;D)

If fishing is a problem with the bots cant u speed up the pulls and have more each cast?
    Fishing bots have been in game for years, nothing is going to change that, apart from changing the way we fish to screw up the bot programs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast