+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Planar Fishing and Lure changes with 3.4

Soulwalker

Default Morticus

I see others have got a response to their inquiries, can I get a reply? May I be refunded the 3200 credits I spent a month ago on these poles?

Soulwalker

Default Your all not "Reading between the lines" correctly....

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We initially felt it would be a nice bonus to have a small chance to fish up planar crafting materials from time to time.

It was never meant to be the primary distribution channel for these materials.

We apologize if it was misconstrued as such.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but....

It was never intended that botters would make up most of the market for the relic planar mats.

What he was implying was that the primary distribution channel for relic imperishables was intended to always be the store at 1000 Credits or $7 USD per. That way you get to spend around $70-$80 USD to give yourself a marginal 5% boost in stats for maybe 2 months until the next update comes out or you quit the game

I mean really, the crafting who in their right mind would attempt to actually go to 20 crafting rifts (your lucky if you actually make it in time to participate), to maybe get a few motes... which "may slightly" increase fishing chances... because we call know the chance you actually win a relic in a CRIFT is close to zero. Especially fun given you can only make 1 lure per week.

Soulwalker

Default High recipe cost for a one time craftable item...

Quote Originally Posted by jkelley393 View Post
    As of 3.4, lures will be required to fish up imperishables with planar crafted poles.

Consider the absurdly high cost of a one time use recipe, coupled with the material cost of an item that no longer works as advertised, and now the game has once again been balanced around botters instead of honest players.

Thanks.
    Ditto to all the things you said but double on this comment. The system is a total failure when one of my clerics first recipes were the Faetouched Rings. Little did I know that as soon as I crafted my first one and put it on, the item could no longer be crafted again. Maybe ok if it told you that in the recipe but it didn't!

So I can make 10 Faetouched Mauls and sell them, but the item I can actually wear 2 of, I can only craft 1 and not even sell more to make up for the insane amount of time and resources required to learn and build the first one.

This whole planar crafting update has just been a joke from the start. 4 months of my life I'll never get back.

Only one way to get them to listen:
    If you pay to play, find another place to spend your hard earned cash... like something that you actually get some enjoyment out of. There are MANY options out there.

If your a free player, find something else to play for a while and come back later after they fix the mess.
    Last edited by Nordic Dagger; 10-09-2015 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo

Default Bind to Account

Planar fishing with Lure just isnt a great way to go.
    Can we go back to normal fishing with chance of drops with poles but make them Bind to Account?
    I fish on 2 chars and craft on others, so BoP would make them useless for me.

I have 2 poles each on different chars, but the Lures are on the same timer, so not only do i have to wait 8hrs ( Timer is way too long IMO ), i have to decide which one i need a drop from most, then i have to keep trying on that 1 pole till i hopefully get the epic.
    I spent hours fishing, and enjoyed it while talking to guildies. Weekend we Crift but not got much doing those.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Dagger View Post
    The system is a total failure when one of my clerics first recipes were the Faetouched Rings. Little did I know that as soon as I crafted my first one and put it on, the item could no longer be crafted again. Maybe ok if it told you that in the recipe but it didn't!.
    Found this from someone else:
    Please pardon my earlier venting. It turns out that after I equipped my first ring, I was able to craft and equip a second ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Do crafting rifts. They drop alot more now.
    not really 10 FC dones 8 motes, 1 imperrisable..
    not really a good return for times and materiel spent in the operation...

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post
    It appears the droprate may have increased or I've been stupid lucky. 2 lures=4 Imperishable wind. Wow.
    in my sense i've now test 14 lure... i've no more mote in stock and i don't want to pay 100pp for a lure
    the resulte was 3 motes 4 imperrissable...

And now i need motes for fishing..

so, Trion ?
    Shall we burn our pole at samain for the witch hell planar craft ?

Shadowlander

Over 50 planar lures used in total, I've gotten 1 relic. 8-10 of those lures were used after the change with no relic. I've got about a 75% success rate on recovering the mote used to MAKE the lure.

So, yeah, this system totally sucks.

on my side I sell my relic 500pp to buy .... 6 mote of earth..
    6 lure, 1 relic, no mote... ok now I stop this way...

Soulwalker

Default Refund credits for fishing pole recipe and lure!

I want my credits back too... I kind of feel they are stolen now.

Default Remove the mote from the Lure recipes

I think removing the mote from the lure recipes is the way to go. Everyone can fish a little and hope for motes and the impossible, ehem imperishable relic items with their insanely expensive fishing pole without a constant drain of motes.

Shadowlander

Default Go back to the way it was, or increase the drops or take it out entirely

This is so stupid! Have to have a mote (avg costs is 65+plats) just to craft a lure and the chances of a mote dropping so small, especially for the time limit on it, it's ridiculous!

Did an hour of crifts earlier today and it's sucks. I liked being able to go off on my own and fish. Especially if the kids are home. I can go afk when i need to w/out keeping a team of 19 others waiting for me or losing out on a lure or 2. I don't always feel like teaming up with other people to do stuff and fishing fits that mood. (Got 6 terrene motes, 2 air, 6 life and 2 darkness motes... this is NOT an increase of drops for crifts).

Either increase the drops when fishing with this costly lure, or increase the length of time on the lure, or just take it out of the recipe entirely.. or use the other motes (air, life) to make the lures and it's not set to a specific pole (So the lure is basic and can be used on any pole to fish up specific motes).
    Last edited by Countess Felicia; 11-02-2015 at 04:14 PM.

I to would like a refund on my planar fishing pole. I bought the mats to spec. make this pole in the hopes that I would be able to fish up motes to make orbs. this is dumb.

Soulwalker

Default Planar lure and pole prejudice.

Devs I see a seriously flawed system you have here. You dont reward the honest players. You punish everyone equally. Even the hard working player. This is utter balderdash.

I worked hard on getting a planar fishing pole and it only works once a day. I say this because I dont sit around the game all day. I come to relax and enjoy time with friends near the end of my day. You've hurt your honest player base. I've come to these forums in search of answers and I come you've given some fans grief. If you dont want the planar crafted poles to be a source of what they were originally intended for, get rid of them. Refund the players. Yes all of them, since you wanted to punish all the players involved in the fishing.

And the other half of the issue is that the Planar Lure doesnt give well enough for its cost. If it was cost effective or you recieved the Mote at the end of the Lures use that would be wonderful. Please think on this.

I've noticed a lot of us are miffed about what has happened here.

Telaran

ok since i've been using the lures, they say a grey item has been added so you know its working, I've only EVER gotten grey items. Otherwise, nothing but a fish. Is it even working anymore. Has anyone gotten any items from the Telluric pole and lure?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast