+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By MikeZz
  • 2 Post By Aieanah
  • 1 Post By Theronos

Thread: Cannot Craft more of this unique item

Soulwalker

Unhappy Cannot Craft more of this unique item

So I finally broke down and bought some Imperishable Life after I spent a few days building up crafting currency for one of the new Planar crafting recipe "Heretic's Faetouched Signet" ring.

I built and used the first ring and when I tried to build the second, I get this red message that says "You cannot build more of these unique items".

Pardon my French, but what the hell is this about? I spend 3 days building up crafting currency for a ring recipe so that I expect I could make two of and I can't build 2? I had all the right mats and based on the message, it seems to be limiting me to just build one.

Is this really the case? Can't find anything about that message or limitation anywhere.

Thanks for any help!

Telaran

If I'm wrong here, someone please correct me.

The Heretic's Faetouched Signet has a "unique" tag. This means that your character can only have one. Therefore, when you try to craft another ring it will not let you and gives you the error.

On the other hand, there is a "unique equip" tag, which is different.

The "unique equip" means that you can have as many of the items as you want, but you can only equip one at a time. You will often see this on things like planar essences where it has a tag "Unique Equip - Family." You could have three planar essences with "Unique Equip - Family" and have each in their own sigil, but you would only be allowed to have one of the essences in a worn sigil at a time.

I would report this as a bug and post again in the forums for the developers to look at this. To me, it seems that the "unique" tag should at least be changed to "unique equip." That way crafters can create more rings to sell, give to friends, or what have you and the player would be able to wear the item at the same time.

As of now, if I'm not mistaken in my explanation and that the "unique" tag remains the same, you can only have one of these items. It doesn't matter if it is equipped or not, it is only one per character due to the "unique" tag.

Soulwalker

I just ran into this myself. I bought an Arcanist's Blazing Signet recipe and all the materials to make two rings, and got the same error message.

WTF? We have two Ring slots. Why on Earth should I not be able to craft and equip two of these rings? It makes no sense. Furthermore, there's no restriction on other items like the Blazing Dowel or Blazing Spellstaff, which I have crafted and sold on the auction house. What is it about rings?
    Last edited by Theronos; 09-20-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Soulwalker

Please pardon my earlier venting. It turns out that after I equipped my first ring, I was able to craft and equip a second ring. I guess it's just one of those undocumented quirks like needing to equip certain items before putting a rune in them. It would be nice if, at some point, the error messages could be modified to be a little bit more helpful.

+ Reply to Thread