+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Crafting Rifts...Greedy and Rude people.

Default Crafting Rifts...Greedy and Rude people.

So since the crafting rifts have come out all you hear about is "Stop leeching off my lure"/"Don't piggy back on us! We worked *hard* to get these and you are piggy backing". My issue with this is people piggy backed and still do so, to every single NMR lure that is above a tier one lure. No one ever complained that you came into the open world NMR and stood in red and DIRECTLY caused the group to fail because you shielded the boss by being in said red.

But my point being, people showing up to help close the Crafting rift faster in no way at all can be a disadvantage. They have fixed the bug, for the most part, where you weren't receiving loot from them because there were too many people so why not let as many come as possible. You are helping out the community and not being a giant tool bag in doing so. This community in the game is a decent one but when it comes to things like this, it blows my mind that people are so greedy and childish that they would stand there for 20 minutes waiting for someone to use a lure because "They don't want to let people leech off theirs". That is just plain stupid.

Ill say this now,im hosting a guild crafting lure day for our guild, Intoxication of Greybriar, on Sunday at 2pm server time and ANYONE is welcome to join us. You do NOT have to bring a lure but if you do that is all the better! Let everyone benefit from our crafting lures and maybe get a heart or two because when I run into you again while hosting a pug or SoL, I want you to have better gear because that will make my time as a host go by smoother and quicker. People need to stop being so petty.

As always,

Probies
    Last edited by Probie22; 07-24-2015 at 11:13 AM.

Have to agree... lures don't open instances, it's all open world. Can't control the public.

so you want to mooch off other people's investment?

Default Im down for Sunday

Probies, Will you be annoucing in crossevents or should we just send you a tell?
    tdivan@hailol <Dol Amroth>

RIFT Fan Site Operator

The problem with current lures is many will only get planarite. Loot seems to cap at 20 people. Perhaps test it for us and when your guild mates use there lures take note if they get any loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    The problem with current lures is many will only get planarite. Loot seems to cap at 20 people. Perhaps test it for us and when your guild mates use there lures take note if they get any loot?
    Seconded - this is still an issue as of two days ago. Whether that has changed since then, I don't know.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

I ran them for 2 hours last night and did not one single time (along with our group of 7) get just planrite. No one in my group got just that either and there were about 30+ people at each rift. We did notice though, if you were at the rift when it started you got more loot than if you showed up at later stages.

Also Fatbahmi, yes I would like to because it does not do anything but help the group kill that rift faster and move on. Are you saying that when you arn't top dps / heals in a WF or captured the most objectives that you arn't mooching also? Are you saying that you open every single NMR lure that you do? Are you also saying that you provide EVERY single Sea of Ladon lure? Cause if you don't, you are a leech as well. Seeing you are benefiting from every one of those that you do.

I will post it in Crossevents for anyone wanting to come.

Probies
    Last edited by Probie22; 07-24-2015 at 02:17 PM.

The funny thing is, the people complaining about leechers have probably leeched off other groups lures at some point lol

I actually saw one person who used a lure ask everybody in the group to send him any planar loot they got. Because it was his lure they got it from.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    The funny thing is, the people complaining about leechers have probably leeched off other groups lures at some point lol

I actually saw one person who used a lure ask everybody in the group to send him any planar loot they got. Because it was his lure they got it from.
    Someone I know was abused in chats by the person whose lure they got a relic craft station who demanded they give it to them. I wish I had have been there to put them in there place but they gave them the craft station and left very upset with no desire to do anymore.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-24-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Someone I know was abused in chats by the person whose lure they got a relic craft station who demanded they give it to them. I wish I had have been there to put them in there place but they gave them the craft station and left very upset with no desire to do anymore.
    That's terrible.
    And i bet the bully didn't leave the group after his/her lure was used,
    or hand over any planar loot he/she got afterwards.

Again I just don't understand why people get so upset about it. Everyone gets to have fun and benefit from it. No reason to be greedy with it.

Probies
    Last edited by Probie22; 07-24-2015 at 05:13 PM.
    "People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Do good anyway." A part of the - "The Paradoxical Commandments
    by Dr. Kent M. Keith"

General of Telara

Funny you should mention this. I was with a small team and we purged our lures within 20 minutes, One of the people I was with mentioned a crift up and running..So we jumped over there. One of the people from that CRIFT asked if we had lures or were we planning on leeching theirs.

I replied back: Well, when you use your lure, are you going to log off for the night or continue Leeching off others CRIFTS? I mean everyone at this point is a leecher once their lure runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wackywoo View Post
    That's terrible.
    And i bet the bully didn't leave the group after his/her lure was used,
    or hand over any planar loot he/she got afterwards.
    Having a lure doesn't mean one owns the rift. If that was the mechanic then, maybe the devs would have created lures that let you into a rift instance.

One thing about mmo's they do bring out a players true nature. ;D

Open world, open rifts. I never understood why people got upset about this; It wasn't like you had to do 50 quests to get the lure. You crafted one for a weekly quest that took what, 3s?

._____.

I had one person last night tell me they "worked hard to get them and we are reaping their hard work like lazy people" So apperently the weekly crafting quest is so hard that you should greatly respect someones and not touch it...

These are the things / people who create toxic communities and whats even worst, they make their guild look bad. I will never group with someone from that guy's guild because of my interaction with him. It was terrible and showed that they allow that behavior. Now for any of you who have met me or come across me, you know I can be reasonable but get stupid with me and I will get stupid back. I just don't understand why it is so hard to help another player out and not complain about it when it has 0 affect on you or didn't require you to do anything other than to be there.

Probies
    "People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Do good anyway." A part of the - "The Paradoxical Commandments
    by Dr. Kent M. Keith"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast