+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Crafting Rifts...Greedy and Rude people.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Probie22 View Post
    But my point being, people showing up to help close the Crafting rift faster in no way at all can be a disadvantage.
    You must be lucky. Twice now I've opened one solo and had around five people so up and among them do a total of 10k dps. When they scale up the mobs and do almost no dps, it's borderline griefing. If people show up and actually contribute, no problems, but bads are always going to be bad. \_(ツ)_/
    Last edited by clymene; 07-24-2015 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Having a lure doesn't mean one owns the rift. If that was the mechanic then, maybe the devs would have created lures that let you into a rift instance.

One thing about mmo's they do bring out a players true nature. ;D
    Hmmmm... I wonder if Trion might consider something like a "Guild Crafting Rift" quest. Creates an instanced lure instead a la the Nightmare Rift instances. At least then if you're gonna have 30-40 people from the same guild show up, there'd be a solid reason for all of them to get the loot.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind it being a Level 20+ guild thing; if your guild worked its collective tail off getting you to that point, you should get some sort of reward for it.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Hmmmm... I wonder if Trion might consider something like a "Guild Crafting Rift" quest. Creates an instanced lure instead a la the Nightmare Rift instances. At least then if you're gonna have 30-40 people from the same guild show up, there'd be a solid reason for all of them to get the loot.

Hell, I wouldn't even mind it being a Level 20+ guild thing; if your guild worked its collective tail off getting you to that point, you should get some sort of reward for it.
    It doesn't even just have to be a guild "thing". Just make the lures openable in an instance, like NMR Instance lures. Grab 20 ppl with lures each and pop them one after the other. No griefing, no ******s, no greedy/obnoxious people.
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

I have found lately more and more people are not having problems with raids running piggy-back style. In fact, whenever I am leading one along with Majuju (and we do a ton of them) we always announce where we are heading.. Most of the time we try and get people with lures in our raid group so we have enough, then we open it up to anyone.

The leaders from each raid group are also nice enough to announce to us where they are heading.. I think its becoming more positive lately, then it was the first few days

If you ever see me out there, i am always calling out in /say our raid is heading, so others can follow.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

See and thats how it should be. Why be a jerk about it because you don't want to have others benefit from a lure.

Calling people greedy? You telling me when you pass a crafting rift you don't stop and fight at it? Thats my other big issue with this. All the big hypocrites. People say "Oh you are greedy and a leech this isn't your lure" but actually EVERYONE is a leech. Even if it is your own guild opening lures and you are goign to them, you are a leech just like everyone else. Thats not your lure, you didn't no obtain it and you did not open it. You are a leech as well. A friend opening a lure and a random opening one does not decide if you are a leech or not. The fact it is not your lure and you are benefiting makes you a leech.

Its not a hard thing to understand. Don't be a jerk, share your lure and help make someone elses day instead of get into a fight with them over something so stupid.

Probies
    "People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
    Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    Do good anyway." A part of the - "The Paradoxical Commandments
    by Dr. Kent M. Keith"

Quote Originally Posted by Probie22 View Post
    See and thats how it should be. Why be a jerk about it because you don't want to have others benefit from a lure.

Calling people greedy? You telling me when you pass a crafting rift you don't stop and fight at it? Thats my other big issue with this. All the big hypocrites. People say "Oh you are greedy and a leech this isn't your lure" but actually EVERYONE is a leech. Even if it is your own guild opening lures and you are goign to them, you are a leech just like everyone else. Thats not your lure, you didn't no obtain it and you did not open it. You are a leech as well. A friend opening a lure and a random opening one does not decide if you are a leech or not. The fact it is not your lure and you are benefiting makes you a leech.

Its not a hard thing to understand. Don't be a jerk, share your lure and help make someone elses day instead of get into a fight with them over something so stupid.

Probies
    eh, who are you talking to in this long paragraph? Just wondering lol.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Sorry , not going to bash any person by name here. Just one person I kept running into Thursday night.
    Love them anyway. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
    by Dr. Kent M. Keith"

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Having a lure doesn't mean one owns the rift. If that was the mechanic then, maybe the devs would have created lures that let you into a rift instance.

One thing about mmo's they do bring out a players true nature. ;D
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Someone I know was abused in chats by the person whose lure they got a relic craft station who demanded they give it to them. I wish I had have been there to put them in there place but they gave them the craft station and left very upset with no desire to do anymore.
    I would have told that person to go f themselves with something rusty >.<

Yeah im a bit bitter but some peoples greed is ridiculous

When I use to run Crafting Rifts I announced it in channel and didn't give 2 craps who piggy backed.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Plane Touched

I've had people ***** at me for helping close as little as a hellbug rift that they opened. Some people don't understand open world content. Just don't pay them any mind.

Thanks for the public crift raid, I will be there! I will save my lure next week to help open some crifts with y'all :P but I'm afraid I've already used mine for this week in an earlier raid.

In other matters, I can confirm that the planarite only bug is still current as of today, but what triggers it is still unknown. I have heard every possible theory in the universe. What I know is that when it hits, it tends to hit multiple people in the same rift. Other times, all 100 people on the crift will still get loot. It has happened both with lures opened from within my raid, and from outside my raid. It has also happened when we have only had our 20-man with us, so it does not seem to be dependent on the number of people doing the rift - you just hear more people mentioning it when it hits a bigger multiraid.
    Last edited by Princess Celly; 07-25-2015 at 12:19 PM.
    Rokola@Faeblight
    Ranaa@Faeblight

Hey thanks for the update on that!

Also you (and anyone else) are more than welcome to join us on our Crifts. I encourage people to come and drop guild banners and if they have use a lure, if not, enjoy the lures we are bringing as well! There is no reason we should not try to have as many benefit from it as possible!!

Probies
    by Dr. Kent M. Keith"

Thanks to everyone who showed up today!

Probies
    Last edited by Probie22; 07-26-2015 at 03:04 PM.
    by Dr. Kent M. Keith"

Default Curious

In the old crafting rifts, the more people there meant more mats. I'm not sure if its the same now or not. So wouldn't it be a good thing if there were more people there, even if they are "leechers". You are leeching off them for more mats.

Kinda reminds me of the Hunt Rifts and strongholds in the days...

Where a group of level 60s would do the work and a zillion low levels ran around speedlevelling on that rift, after being summoned from introduction zone....

But still, Hunt Rifts in the long run were great, raids talking to eachother on where to go for the next tear/rift, working together to get as many done as possible.

People now may just feel uncomfortable because of the droprate on items, not wanting to share the rare drops.

It was the same with strongholds in the days.. one player would come along, tag the boss and it wasn't uncommon that player got a good drop as well, while only 1 or 2 players in the raid would get a good drop.

In time, there will be enough drops to supply the market and lower the prices.. Just do not want everything within 1 week after implementation in game ^^

you could DIRECTLY buy hunt rift lures.
    you are limited to one Crift per week per toon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast