+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Mining and Foraging increase?

DST
    Rift Disciple

Default Mining and Foraging increase?

Before 3.3, I would get 1-3 of ore/wood (e.x 1-3 copper or tin when mining).

Now, I've been getting 3-4 consistently, have yet to receive only 1, and only had one instance of getting 2 ore/wood.

I haven't seen anything about this in the patch notes...not complaining but I want to make sure this isn't some sort of bug! If this is legit are there any other crafting changes like this not in the notes?

Champion

This seems to effect the old zones only. Output is roughly doubled, I'd say. Plane of water nodes look to be unchanged.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    This seems to effect the old zones only. Output is roughly doubled, I'd say. Plane of water nodes look to be unchanged.
    Same here, I think it's because no one goes there and the nodes build up. The reverse seems true, those hit all the time or hit recently only give one ore.
    Last edited by tirza; 07-22-2015 at 09:50 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

There might have been something in the patch notes about this, not sure though...

;)

Rift Disciple

From the patch notes:

----

HARVEST ANYTHING!
    We snuck an awesome feature into 3.3. As of that patch, as long as you have at least 1 point in a gathering skill, you can harvest any node. That’s right, if you have Mining, Foraging, or Butchering skills, you can harvest any node or corpse that requires the skill. Wherever your adventures take you, your harvesting professions will be useful. If you have lower skill than what was previously necessary to harvest the node, you will get a slightly lower yield, but if you meet the old minimum skill necessary you will see slightly more resources on average (although no guarantees for a single node harvest – there’s some randomness in them loot tables!)

---

BTW, glad to see it is not a bug and love the ability to harvest above level in IAs as a result.

Was going to call ******** until I saw you edited the notes over the weekend with some new things (need to reread them). I see I was already beaten to it so I won't post them but I have noticed 2 bugs, my mage can't mine or forage what is above her skill lvl though she can butcher just fine. And my warrior only gets 1-2 thalasite ore per node he mines but can get up to 4 of everything else (butchering is working fine on him).

mr morticus... THANK YOU!!

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Does your mage have harvesting/foraging? You do still need to have the skill, that part shouldn't be different. If you do have those skills you can message me your character name and if I get some spare time I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrago View Post
    Was going to call ******** until I saw you edited the notes over the weekend with some new things (need to reread them). I see I was already beaten to it so I won't post them but I have noticed 2 bugs, my mage can't mine or forage what is above her skill lvl though she can butcher just fine. And my warrior only gets 1-2 thalasite ore per node he mines but can get up to 4 of everything else (butchering is working fine on him).

And also I am currently gathering ores and herbs and I seem to get almost every single time risarian minim. Intended? Seems a bit high as a droprate for something epic.

Plane Touched

Love this feature. Buying thalasite crystal every week to make strands for the RC weekly was getting expensive. Now I can gather it myself (only lvl 70 mining too)
    Jabnlab@Hailol <impulse>- lvl 65 Cleric 1300 hit-
    9/12 T1 5/11 hk 4/4 IGP 1/4 IGP HM

General of Telara

did something changed recently? wasn't gathering a while, have 450 forag/mining, and getting 2 ore/sarleaf always, guildie said same, not 1, not 3, and not 4, only 2 always

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ramcius View Post
    did something changed recently? wasn't gathering a while, have 450 forag/mining, and getting 2 ore/sarleaf always, guildie said same, not 1, not 3, and not 4, only 2 always
    Same here. I've been doing lots of foraging and mining lately. It's always, always 2x of the resource. No more, no less.

General of Telara

so, it's buged, or it's intended way to get 2 materials, once at 450 forag and mining? butch seems get 4 time from time

Default Theory...

So it seems like some people are getting 4 ore per mining node, while others (like myself) are getting 2-4 hide/cloth per pickup (never 1), but consistently 2 for foraging/mining...

In my case, I have Outfitter in addition to all three gathering profs on my main character. Outfitter uses both hide and cloth as its main mats; is it possible that in addition to your gathering skill level, the crafting professions you have are also having an effect on the total return from gathering?

Does anybody who has a setup like Weaponsmithing/Mining/Foraging/Butchering want to test this out to see if there's any correlation?

General of Telara

atleast no correlation between artificer and mining, neither forag, i doubt it's because of craft skills, in general you get more hides/cloth too, from minions for example

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast