+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How, exactly, do we know what 'element' to pick for crafting lures and fishing?

Rift Chaser

Default How, exactly, do we know what 'element' to pick for crafting lures and fishing?

I'm not looking for a general answer, this is annoying trying to find. How do I know for each char, which crafting lure/fishing poll and lure to pick?

Well, I don't know for sure - but wouldn't it be logical that you'd pick whatever that toon crafts in?
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Well, I don't know for sure - but wouldn't it be logical that you'd pick whatever that toon crafts in?
    Sure, as soon as you say whether apothecary or Artificing are water or fire or whatever other elements. You're not answering the question, and no it's not 'logical', since that isn't clear.

Telaran

Iíd bet that each flavor or planar pole is crafted from mats of the same planar crafting rift (assumes youíve acquired the recipe to make the soulbound pole) and thatís the end of it in that you can now craft the pole.

I would guess that the new pole can can take any lure, has a different skin with maybe a light effect tailored to the pole and can have a rare change of bringing up some crafting mats ourside of the crafting rift. (??Maybe itíll be able to fish up Stans lure?? ??Maybe itíll fish up some other hidden stuff that never been communicated?? No one knows to the best of my knowledge.)

If the planar poles were more tailored to a specific skill or role Iím sure (or at least I hope) it would have been communicatedÖ It would be a real pain in the butt to spend months getting a pole only to discover that you only bring up mats that you can never use.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardeye View Post
    It would be a real pain in the butt to spend months getting a pole only to discover that you only bring up mats that you can never use.
    My main currently has these professions:

Apothecary 450
    Artificer 450
    Outfitter 450
    Runecrafting 450
    Mining 450
    Foraging 450
    Survival 450
    Butchering 450
    Fishing 450
    Dreamweaver 450

I bought the Air Fishing Pole Recipe
    without really thinking about the importance of my choice.

Someone will hopefully make a guide on which pole is best for each profession.
    But until then,
    we will just have to play the guessing game =)

Champion

I just looked at the new recipes that Bob sells (think that's what he's called, the guy at the fountain in Choreburg).

You look for your gear type and stats (in my case chain/sp on amourcrafter since I'm cleric dps) and it tells you the element of the imperishable item you need in the recipe.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    I just looked at the new recipes that Bob sells (think that's what he's called, the guy at the fountain in Choreburg).

You look for your gear type and stats (in my case chain/sp on amourcrafter since I'm cleric dps) and it tells you the element of the imperishable item you need in the recipe.
    Ya, I'm gonna try that, not very user friendly also seems a little strange with 4 classes and 6 elemental types..

Champion

Agreed, not very user-friendly. However, for gear it's 4 classes with 2 different types of gear each. Dps/heal and tank. I think it's basically the same for fishing poles (can't say for sure, I stopped looking into that as it seems a waste of time at the moment with drop rates being as low as they are).

Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    Sure, as soon as you say whether apothecary or Artificing are water or fire or whatever other elements. You're not answering the question, and no it's not 'logical', since that isn't clear.
    Ah. Sorry, I haven't done any of them yet so missed the implication.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Yali View Post
    Agreed, not very user-friendly. However, for gear it's 4 classes with 2 different types of gear each. Dps/heal and tank. I think it's basically the same for fishing poles (can't say for sure, I stopped looking into that as it seems a waste of time at the moment with drop rates being as low as they are).
    Make a guide like everything else that would make this user friendly
    I wonder if planar attunement would make this choice easier?

ie line it up with your character and what you need as suggested.

I'd like all the crafting stations though for Dimensions, not sure how feasible this will be...
    I heard they drop in craft rifts as well as being able to craft them?

Looking at it all this weekend.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-18-2015 at 06:19 AM.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Take a look at the recipe, that should tell you what materials it needs and the name should give you a clue as to what planar type it comes from.

We can also look at messaging that better on the recipes.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Take a look at the recipe, that should tell you what materials it needs and the name should give you a clue as to what planar type it comes from.

We can also look at messaging that better on the recipes.
    Ya, it's not clear for players 'look at the recipe', what recipe, pick one at random? Scroll through lots looking for a pattern? It can be made a lot easier to use.

Are they broken down by class? Role? Something else? How do six element types match up to four classes?

In wanting to know what pole to get I went to bob, removed all but Weaponsmith, hunted for the 2hand DPS Cleric item, Said item takes Imperishable Life items. I am going to guess then for that item I need the life pole (Faetouched or something)

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Materials used in Planar Crafting predominantly come from Crafting Rifts in Tarken Glacier and not fishing FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    Ya, it's not clear for players 'look at the recipe', what recipe, pick one at random? Scroll through lots looking for a pattern? It can be made a lot easier to use.

Are they broken down by class? Role? Something else? How do six element types match up to four classes?
    Where the recipes are is the same as all the other existing recipes:

Armorsmith has Cleric and Warrior armor.
    Outflitter has Rogue and Mage armor.
    Artificer has all accessories + some Cleric/Mage wand/staves.
    Weaponsmith has all other weapons.

As for each lure to get; the recipes all follow the same pattern.

Cleric DPS = Life
    Cleric Tank = Earth

Warrior DPS = Air
    Warrior Tank = Earth

Mage DPS = Fire
    Mage Tank = Water

Rogue DPS = Death
    Rogue Tank = Water

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast