+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.3 Crafting Rifts Drop Rate working as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    So again, these weeklies exist this way to mimic the volume of materials entering the world prior to allowing characters to have more than three professions.

We'll have a discussion regarding drop rates after we have some empirical evidence regarding economic impact.

Anecdotal RNG doesn't really help, but we do listen and take it into account.
    I understand your point on anecdotal data, that's why I clarified it as such, Im not looking to get a better drop rate if its not warranted.

But what of missing mats of any kind on occasion with crifts? We have enough alternative sources of planarite than crifts, so not getting any NM mats at all on at least 4 of the crifts out of 15 is terribly disappointing when you take into account the cost of making the lures in the first place.

T

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #62

Crafting Rifts should *always* pay out materials. If you are doing them and not getting anything then there might be a more serious issue that needs investigating.

Rift Chaser

So again, these weeklies exist this way to mimic the volume of materials entering the world prior to allowing characters to have more than three professions.
    Then you failed. Before we could have more than 3 professions I used 4 characters to cover all skills, as such I would get 4 lures per week. Instead now, after spending money to consolidate into one character, I only get 1 lure per week.

We can always increase the drop rate. This is way easier than the inverse from a design and perception perspective.
    Please increase the drop rate on the rares, non-rares, dim items, etc. It's just uber non-fun low, period.

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    In my opinion, we need both things to happen - the drop rate to increase AND to be able to receive one crafting rift lure for each max level craft we have EARNED!

I'm not asking for gobs and gobs of motes and imperishable materials, but the current rate is just not acceptable.
    Yes both things need to happen. Increase drop rate and receive one lure per week for each craft.

Dimensions:
    A Wedding to Remember - Vaeryia - Greybriar / Ranger's Retreat-Mirtt - Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    Then you failed. Before we could have more than 3 professions I used 4 characters to cover all skills, as such I would get 4 lures per week. Instead now, after spending money to consolidate into one character, I only get 1 lure per week.
    I don't understand basing this new crafting lure system off something that was done in the past. You have it set up now (and for a long time now) for people to get all professions on one toon, which is awesome. Having it so one player who paid extra money to do that, can't get a lure for each profession is really penalizing the player who spent good money with you.

Dimensions:

Crafting Rifts should *always* pay out materials. If you are doing them and not getting anything then there might be a more serious issue that needs investigating.
    This issue has existed for a while. It happened with Hunt Rifts as well. When the amount of participants in a rift gets to a certain point (not exactly sure what), some of those players will get nothing but planarite. Same happened when there were 3+ raids running around Ashora doing Hunt Rifts back in the day.

I'm seeing some players getting only planarite with no. of players as small as ~30-40.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Mirt View Post
    I don't understand basing this new crafting lure system off something that was done in the past. You have it set up now (and for a long time now) for people to get all professions on one toon, which is awesome. Having it so one player who paid extra money to do that, can't get a lure for each profession is really penalizing the player who spent good money with you.
    I can understand the limiting of raid currency from congealed dreams to once per char, but limiting lures is just stupid. The rewards (imperish, motes, mats, strands) are tradable, so there is no effective difference in doing one lure each on 4 alts and mailing stuff and doing 4 lures on one main, in both cases the player has invested the time raising the tradeskill to 376+

Did it "break" things by allowing people to get 6 lures in SL? I don't remember any issues... In fact I still have dozens of all 6 in my bank.

Rift Chaser

I did about 15 crafting rifts thursday and got 3 of the earth motes and 2 fire motes. My guild friends in my group also reported about the same - roughly 5-6 motes for about 15 crifts closed. We also noticed that maybe 20% or so of the time we got only planerite including myself where i opened a rift and got around 350 planerite :P I wont complain too much as i did get a heart of the frozen from one of the crifts. That is a nice touch i must admit.
    <Harshmallows> Gelidra shard

Kuurgan - Level 65 Warrior
    Macleodd - Level 65 Mage
    Ramirezz - Level 65 Rogue

RIFT Fan Site Operator

We'll have a discussion regarding drop rates after we have some empirical evidence regarding economic impact.

Anecdotal RNG doesn't really help, but we do listen and take it into account.
    Cheers.

The problem I have with this consideration is that Dimensions did not exist when Lures were developed for Level 50 when only 3 professions could be had. I understand and agree the awesome crafting stations should not be easy to get but how does someone like me who wants to craft all the items and gear plus get every single craft station of every plane achieve doing so when players can only choose one plane?

I have done at least 50 craft Rifts so far this weekend and no Earth.

If I choose to play all modality of this game my natural thought process is to ensure all crafts, making lots of platinum and getting super organised on the storage and hoarding front then spending a lot of time gathering or attempting what is needed.

If this fails. What is the next step?

Thank you to those who are keeping costs of the stations under 500 plat each

If all plane (fire,water etc) specific items including the Dimension craft stations only dropped for the lure type you do we would see more of every plane.

If current Crift scenario was based on 3 professions what about 3 per week so we could see more planes?

Adding more Dimension achievements with crafting station rewards would be great also.

I have gotten planarite when 2/3 raids are converging on one rift. Those getting no loot are also lure openers so I also agree it seems to be participation numbers and 20 being the cap and needs to change.

I think this concept to crafting is phenomenal but could be even more exciting if there were specific recipes only via the craft stations (pets, wardrobe, dimensions, minions - plane specific to the station) increasing interest in Crafting and Dimensions actually making the prices being asked for them currently make more sense.

I currently have 5 of them only 15 to go!....
    Can't wait to see the lab am super curious why this was kept off the loot table so far.

It is so good seeing everyone excited and doing these again I really enjoy doing Crifts and hope you will expand upon this great idea Morticus.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 07-19-2015 at 08:30 AM. Reason: planarite only please help!

I've done a total of 63 Crafting Rifts in the last 3 days and gotten a grand total of 10 non-rare motes, all of varying types. Again, at this rate, it will take me 6 months-1 year to be able to craft one single dimension item.

I love the idea, but the implementation of the drop rate and the one lure per toon is very misguided.

Dimensions:

Played rift from an early Closed Beta until it went F2P then left. I was stopping in to see what the state of the game was and how crafting was doing, which is my favorite part of the game.

Enjoyed reading the comments. Seems that my fears were correct when I left. Hope they up the drop rates for you all. Looks like I don't need to bother DL rift again.
    Peace!
    Last edited by Warmonger; 07-19-2015 at 02:07 PM.

Looks like RNG™ is at it again. Suck it up - or open your wallet.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #74

Quote Originally Posted by Warmonger View Post
    Seems that my fears were correct when I left.
    Not really sure what you're talking about, the game is stronger and better than ever!

Thank you for your input though!

Default Lol

Not really sure what you're talking about, the game is stronger and better than ever!

Thank you for your input though!

As Many of us know and feel this isn't true... "Maybe" Trion has gotten some new players, but since 3.2 has come out I myself have lost over 80% of my friends ingame...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast