+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.3 Sneak Peek

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Leeches and Brisket to make armor?

Seems legit.

Gives new meaning to the term "meat shield."

*rimshot*

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Seems legit.

/10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Though there are other ways to get them as well...;)
    if this involves fishing please excuse a TINY dose of anxiety lol

Seems legit.

...all this needs is bacon for a carnivores dream relic.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 06-09-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Telaran

Default Weekly Crafting Raid Quest

Mort can you also looking into adding a weekly crafting rift quest? Something along the same lines as the regular one. Maybe complete 5-10 for the weekly. I know we have the congealed dreams one but would be nice to have one for crafting rifts.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
    Mort can you also looking into adding a weekly crafting rift quest? Something along the same lines as the regular one. Maybe complete 5-10 for the weekly. I know we have the congealed dreams one but would be nice to have one for crafting rifts.
    Go back and read the first post in this thread...

Plane Touched

Short answer: Nightmare Tide had simplified crafting materials, so materials need to be shared across recipes to keep things interesting.
    Causing a bottleneck with almost everything needing sarleaf or sarleaf product is interesting? Really? In SL we had to salvage items to make augments and a lot of different ingredients were necessary and even foragers were needed for distillates in these recipes. In NT we can still salvage but rewoven diaphanous cloth and pelagic fragments for example are barely used.

Since the crafting mats are simplified, it should be easier to balance the uses so that some items are not over a plat each while others are worth less than 5 gold.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Exactly. Please, Morticus, review the number of recipes that require sarleaf and its products and compare that to all of the other crafting materials. There is a GREAT imbalance there. It would be nice if things were fixed to better use ALL of the materials, not just sarleaf.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Historically (from 3.0 onward), the armor smithing profession has used Fused Sarfiber in their recipes.

This continues that trend, albeit with reduced numbers to account for current market supply/demand.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Historically (from 3.0 onward), the armor smithing profession has used Fused Sarfiber in their recipes.

This continues that trend, albeit with reduced numbers to account for current market supply/demand.
    Hmmmmm......just because it has been that way, historically, should not mean that it has to stay that way.

Plain and simple, I agree with the other posters, sarleaf is still over-used.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Foxfire View Post
    Hmmmmm......just because it has been that way, historically, should not mean that it has to stay that way.

Plain and simple, I agree with the other posters, sarleaf is still over-used.
    I've always loved this story:

Scientists took 4 monkeys and put them in a single room. In the center of the room was a block staircase with a bunch of bananas at the top, however whenever any monkey touched the top to reach bananas water jets would turn on hitting all 4 monkeys, knocking them to the ground. Not long after, the monkeys learn that going for the bananas wasn't worth it and they all stayed on the ground.

At this point they removed one monkey and added a new one that didn't know about the water jets. Spying the bananas the new monkey starts to climb, but the others tackle him since they know that if he went up there they would get hit by the water. Eventually the new monkey stops going for the bananas as well.

The scientists take out a second of the original 4 adding a new one. It too starts to go after the bananas and is stopped. Even the more recently added monkey stops him, not knowing why other than he wasn't allowed to go up either. This is followed by replacing the third and the the fourth of the original monkeys.

At this point, the scientists disable the water jet trap. However all 4 monkeys stay on the ground since they've learned if any went up for the bananas the other 3 would stop him.

Moral of the Story - Just because something "has always been that way" doesn't mean it should stay that way. Don't be afraid to reach for the bananas now and again, you might just find the water jets have been turned off.

Suggestion - Since this is the Plane of Water, why not use fish oil (created by survivalists or apothecaries) as a sort of water proofing element? It's sort of logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post

Scientists took 4 monkeys and put them in a single room. In the center of the room was a block staircase with a bunch of bananas at the top, however whenever any monkey touched the top to reach bananas water jets would turn on hitting all 4 monkeys, knocking them to the ground. Not long after, the monkeys learn that going for the bananas wasn't worth it and they all stayed on the ground.

At this point they removed one monkey and added a new one that didn't know about the water jets. Spying the bananas the new monkey starts to climb, but the others tackle him since they know that if he went up there they would get hit by the water. Eventually the new monkey stops going for the bananas as well.

The scientists take out a second of the original 4 adding a new one. It too starts to go after the bananas and is stopped. Even the more recently added monkey stops him, not knowing why other than he wasn't allowed to go up either. This is followed by replacing the third and the the fourth of the original monkeys.

At this point, the scientists disable the water jet trap. However all 4 monkeys stay on the ground since they've learned if any went up for the bananas the other 3 would stop him.

Moral of the Story - Just because something "has always been that way" doesn't mean it should stay that way. Don't be afraid to reach for the bananas now and again, you might just find the water jets have been turned off.
    Heh. Love it.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post

Since I achieved Monkey Brain title via Manugo.... should I stop pressing the button?

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #29

While we're all for positive change, catering to players that have already chosen harvesting professions that compliment their building professions feeds those choices (in this case Fused Sarfiber).

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Rift Disciple

3 questions:

-are there weaponsmith items in the work as well ?

-is the weekly the only way to get these lures or will there be another one ? And you talked about a Crafting Nightmare Rift some time ago, some news about it ?

-sarleaf IS overused but not as an absolute, it is overused compared to other components.
    In fact we lack a sink for some mats, like some kind of cloth, leather, and others.
    Ideally a good sink is neverending, so it evokes consumables as a solution.
    Couldn't you as an example rework bedrolls/tents/bonfires items so they could be used as Feasts are ?

Sarleaf is not the problem, the problem is the disparity between sarleaf and other mats.
    I'm not for using less sarleaf, but for using more other less favored mats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast