+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jonus
  • 1 Post By Morticus
  • 1 Post By palemoons

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Amenders

Soulwalker

Default Amenders

CRAFTING
    * Savant crafters rejoice! The costs to craft Amenders have been greatly reduced!

Only looked at the weaponsmith, can't see any reduction in the recipes of Amenders.

The patch notes aren't 100% correct. The adjustments were made to the highest two tiers of Amenders and don't affect the normal and Advanced Amenders.

A before/after can be found here. (note: this is based on Live vs PTS on 30th April. Some might be slightly different since the changes hit Live this week).

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Overall it was a 43% reduction in cost for the player.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Oh come on, you know as well as we do that you made up that number on the spot :P
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Rift Chaser

does this number include the now-BOP strands?

if it does, could you kindly let us know what plat value you used for it?
    thanks.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    Oh come on, you know as well as we do that you made up that number on the spot :P
    If only. We pulled auction house and store bought prices in silver to see what they were currently at (on that day, at that time), normalized them and then reduced them.

This should make upgrading equipment far less painful.

Plane Touched

If only. We pulled auction house and store bought prices in silver to see what they were currently at (on that day, at that time), normalized them and then reduced them.

*Reduces only the easiest to get, least expensive parts of the recipe*
    *Calls the cost "greatly reduced"*

I'm not the only one seeing the problem here, right?

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Kedolan View Post
    *Reduces only the easiest to get, least expensive parts of the recipe*
    *Calls the cost "greatly reduced"*

I'm not the only one seeing the problem here, right?
    We never factored in the cost of the strands because well... they were never intended to have a platinum price associated with them. However, with the change coming next week to strands, they'll be even cheaper to obtain and thus lowering the cost of the two top tier amenders even more.

Plane Touched

I actually just finished reading the other thread (just got on for the day, was playing catch-up) and I can officially say my Doom-and-Gloom is lifted quite a bit, especially if they'll be taking a larger quantity of cloth/leather than other mats (I have so much of that stuff and NOTHING to use it on atm, outside of mass crafting capes for salvage/runebreak, which also take metal).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    The patch notes aren't 100% correct. The adjustments were made to the highest two tiers of Amenders and don't affect the normal and Advanced Amenders.

A before/after can be found here. (note: this is based on Live vs PTS on 30th April. Some might be slightly different since the changes hit Live this week).
    On my server Tormented and Opaque amenders are still 1k+ each. When will this change be effective ?

Rift Disciple

A little less painful would be logical, but far less no, because the problem will stay the same.
    The availability of attainium; no, not the price, availability.

Yeah I know, minions, but that's not the point, I'm not against minions being the sole source of attainium.
    The problem is that on some days we literally have a shortage of it on the EU servers, the AH is devoid of it, even at 50 or 100 plats apiece.

See the problem ?

Quote Originally Posted by Koodbool View Post
    A little less painful would be logical, but far less no, because the problem will stay the same.
    The availability of attainium; no, not the price, availability.

Yeah I know, minions, but that's not the point, I'm not against minions being the sole source of attainium.
    The problem is that on some days we literally have a shortage of it on the EU servers, the AH is devoid of it, even at 50 or 100 plats apiece.

See the problem ?
    Last time that happened to me on Zaviel, I asked in trade. Got what I needed for less than the ones on the AH the day before.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

That's the key, ASK for it. Yes I have it, I don't sell often (unless I have 2 stacks of 99.) but, I usually have some and, might sell a few if someone request it.

I do craft so, tend to hold it until I get the other mats I need for items I want to craft but, I also run my minions nearly non stop 24/7 so, I could sell and recover a few pieces w/o too much lost time.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

+ Reply to Thread