Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Strands of Draum and Arak Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation Strands of Draum and Arak Changes

Because we accidentally didn't include it in the patch notes, the Strands of Draum and Strands of Arak are now Bind on Pickup. If you have an old version of one of the strands, you can right click it to turn it into a new version that can be used in the crafting recipes.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Wow. Just wow. Why was this necessary, exactly?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Because they need to make more money via credits. Now with this limitation in place, you can't afford to make more then a couple amenders a week, increasing either your credit expenditure, or your inter-reliance on other people.

Not that I expect this post to make it to the forums, but I try so hard to post stuff, it isn't my fault that trion specifically makes bad choices that force people to criticize them.

Might be because of that. I'm not online to check what the changes are so I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    CRAFTING
    * Savant crafters rejoice! The costs to craft Amenders have been greatly reduced!
    And what the hell?
    Is Trion telling me I got shafted from crafting my BiS Seal last week when the amenders had the most ridiculous cost in mats?
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Costs are still pretty absurd if they changed at all...

Also, this Strand change was a bit useless and puts a sadface on me
    Last edited by Bloodbourne; 05-20-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    Misterwar <-Virus-> 5/11 Warborne <Yakisoba> 5/11 Warborne <Apotheosys> 0/11

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    the Strands of Draum and Strands of Arak are now Bind on Pickup.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Why not bind to account? That stops them from taking space on the AH and I can still offload my extra marks on my main to one of my alts to craft amenders.

Champion

Oh wow this sucks... like... big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Might be because of that. I'm not online to check what the changes are so I dunno.
    The costs were barely reduced; none of what made it expensive (i.e., the Strands) was reduced. It looks like them throwing the bone to placate people rightly annoyed by this unnecessary change. I can only guess that they were dissatisfied with these crafting mats actually being affordable and they're trying to drive up prices, while making it so inconvenient for people to get Strands that they'll just buy them with spare credits.

Rift Disciple

This is pretty shty of them. They have been making it harder since plane of water for crafters to make money. They want to make sure that if you really want these strands that you are going to have to spend credits with them and not plat from other chars.

Rift Chaser

This was an absolutely HORRID change. Reduce the cost of amenders with one hand and then royally screw over everybody with the other.

It was enough of a kick to the stomach to convince me to cancel my patron subscription.

Shadowlander

My biggest issue is that it severely punishes people who have 10 crafting professions because we can't even craft all our amenders on cooldown.

Change is bad. Badbadbad.

Burying this in the crafting section seems kind of wrong, yes I know it is a crafting change but it should be in general as after it is not the last thread posted in most will start new threads there complaining.

I think it is wrong to make them BOP , I can see BOA but not BOP although I really do not understand what was wrong with them being for sale on the AH.

RIFT Guide Writer

To sell more Strands through the shop obviously. Theres literally no other reason.
    killings - Mage - Apotheosys - Typhiria

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    To sell more Strands through the shop obviously. Theres literally no other reason.
    Well to sell more strands with credits vs from other people or using alts to make them for your other chars. Pay-to-win wins again.
    Last edited by Skrell; 05-20-2015 at 09:13 AM.

So tell me this.

I bought all the crafting professions. On one toon. Mostly so I could craft, and then sell, all the amenders on cooldown.

Now I am essentially limited to what is it, 10-14 amenders, when I can make what, 50 in a week?

What is the point of having a cooldown on amenders when you can't actually craft more then 15 in a week?

This change was so incredibly redundant and, well, unnecessary, that it's insane they actually went through with it

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast