Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Strands of Draum and Arak Changes

Telaran

So I cannot any longer make Lucid dreams for Guildies, without having to put in the strand from my own store? Sorry guildies... I will be keeping them all for my own chars.

Wait, I just realised, I cant' even make for myself, without buying with credits. My main char with many professions is not the char that can make Lucid dreams. The alternative is to level up another profession, (which I already have on an alt) on my main char. Its a sad day.
    Last edited by Roseblossom; 05-21-2015 at 10:19 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #107
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
    Give Apothecaries a new recipe: Strand of Arak
    Give Dreamweavers a new recipe: Strand of Draum

Make the craftable strands tradable. Problem solved.
    Love it. We'll make this happen.

To be clear about what all this will entail...

1. Current unbound strands that morph will stay as is. We might do a global db replace at some point but in the interest of getting this out ASAP, that can wait.
    2. Apoths and Dreamweavers will get one strand recipe each. Apoth get Arak and Dreamweavers get Draum.
    3. We'll target the material cost of each strand craft to be around 50p which is more than half of what we've seen them go for on the AH prior to this patch. Final craft price may vary depending upon your server.
    4. Recipes will be purchasable from Bob for crafting marks. Final price is TBD but expect about 7 days of dailies (Non-patron, 3 crafting professions). I'll update this when we figure out the final price so you can start saving now.
    5. Strands will remain on the store but have the crafting mark price removed.
    6. Morphed versions, crafted versions and store bought versions will all be tradable.

Update: Recipe pricing will be 50 grandmaster, 170 master, and 350 artisan. That's 7 days of crafting daily quests considering 1 crafting profession, 2 gathering professions and non-patron status.
    Last edited by Vladd; 05-21-2015 at 12:02 PM.

r35

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post

1. Current unbound strands that morph will stay as is. We might do a global db replace at some point but in the interest of getting this out ASAP, that can wait.
    2. Apoths and Dreamweavers will get one strand recipe each. Probably will be Apoth get Draum and Dreamweavers get Arak.
    3. We'll target the material cost of each strand craft to be around 50p which is more than half of what we've seen them go for on the AH prior to this patch. Final craft price may vary depending upon your server.
    4. Recipes will be purchasable from Bob for crafting marks. Final price is TBD but expect about 7 days of dailies (Non-patron, 3 crafting professions). I'll update this when we figure out the final price so you can start saving now.
    6. Morphed versions, crafted versions and store bought versions will all be tradable.
    This has my vote. Thanks for listening to the community.

Phs

Please don't give the recipe crafted strands a cooldown.
    Last edited by Phs; 05-21-2015 at 10:48 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #110
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Phs View Post
    Don't give the recipe crafted strands a cooldown. Please.
    Nah, they won't have a cooldown.

RIFT Guide Writer

DO NOT MAKE THEM USE SARLEAF! I cannot stress this enough. too much crap already requires an ***-ton of sarleaf.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Rift Disciple

quoted
    So if I'm reading this right, Strands will no longer be purchased with marks, but rather crafted from our normal materials (or bought directly with credits). Crafting recipes are bought with marks and all Strands are tradeable.

I like the idea a lot, and I'm glad you've listened to the crafting community input*. One question thought, what do we do with excesses marks now? My main for example bought Strands for my alts to use, so what would I do with my main's soon-to-be-capped marks now?

* For future updates of this significance however, I think most of us would prefer to be polled beforehand rather than after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    DO NOT MAKE THEM USE SARLEAF! I cannot stress this enough. too much crap already requires an ***-ton of sarleaf.
    This a hundred times over. Hides have been largely neglected in end-game crafting, how about a new source to expend them?
    Last edited by Sagittare; 05-21-2015 at 10:54 AM.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Ascendant

As stated ... thanks for the feedback and for listening to the community

so what about the sneaky credit cost increase for crafting mats ey?

Rift Disciple

Maybe...just maybe.. we will finally have a place to use all our fabled leather.

Sounds good, Vladd but, reverse who gets what. Dreamweavers use Strands of Draum for Savant orbs (the only thing we can craft that sells consistently for a small profit.), so should craft them. Arak should go to a skill that uses them, not sure what ones do but, you should be able to craft what you use in the trade, and if you have mats to craft extras, sell those.

Yes, no using sarleaf or thalasite, those are overused as is. Fabled Hides and Daiphamous cloth not so well used and, could toss in seer eels, murphos, dreamleeches and, yellow petrels too, those aren't used much. (Manta and Remora make that special lure so, fishers want those for that and wouldn't like using them for strands.)
    Last edited by Kadeth; 05-21-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

2. Apoths and Dreamweavers will get one strand recipe each. Probably will be Apoth get Draum and Dreamweavers get Arak.
    Any chance these could be made by multiple professions rather than limited to one each? Kind of like Congealed Dreams for the weeklies?
    thelarry@greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Sounds good, Vladd but, reverse who gets what. Dreamweavers use Strands of Draum for Savant orbs (the only thing we can craft that sells consistently for a small profit.), so should craft them. Arak should go to a skill that uses them, not sure what ones do but, you should be able to craft what you use in the trade, and if you have mats to craft extras, sell those.
    This!!! ^^^^

Please, Vladd, make this slight change to the assignment of those strands.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #118
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by thelarry View Post
    Any chance these could be made by multiple professions rather than limited to one each? Kind of like Congealed Dreams for the weeklies?
    Well the idea is to give some love to Dreamweaver and Apothecary since they don't have Amenders so let's start with just those two getting them and see how that works out. If we need to, we'll expand them out to some more professions but I think that those two will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    This!!! ^^^^

Please, Vladd, make this slight change to the assignment of those strands.
    Already done. I was looking at it from a perspective of how many are created/used per week and was trying to give the more popular one to Apoth but after looking into it, it certainly makes sense for them to be reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    No sarleaf will be required. Cloth and leather though... =)

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    * For future updates of this significance however, I think most of us would prefer to be polled beforehand rather than after the fact.
    Of course. We'll endeavor to make this happen.

And here I was firing up the rant machine. This is a great solution.

My only question is: when you say "material cost", are you talking about the total material cost or the vendor material cost? I assume that it's the latter since you said the "final craft price" may vary by shard, so it appears "material cost" and "final craft price" are two different things. Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 05-21-2015 at 11:20 AM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #120
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    And here I was firing up the rant machine. This is a great solution.

My only question is: when you say "material cost", are you talking about the total material cost or the vendor material cost? I assume that it's the latter since you said the "final craft price" may vary by shard, so it appears "material cost" and "final craft price" are two different things. Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.
    Total material cost. That'll include market value on the materials plus vendor purchased components. This is why I said that it can vary between servers.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast