Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Strands of Draum and Arak Changes

Plane Touched

This change is absolutely necessary and horrid. Please revert it.

Quote Originally Posted by paschl View Post
    To sell more Strands through the shop obviously. Theres literally no other reason.
    That's the intuitive conclusion. I just want them to admit it, or else give a single compelling reason for turning the entire crafting economy on its head.

General of Telara

This to me seems similar to making the swirling infinity particles and lock box keys bop. It was done to stop bad people from doing bad things.

The only other reason I can think of is they are making plans for crafting to be limited by the amount of strands you can personally produce on your toon. The same way weekly caps on stones and marks gate gear earned.

Shadowlander

Could they at least be changed to Bind on Account so people with alts don't get screwed over if they don't have all the crafting skills on a single character?

Long time ago, my crafters, making the best augmented 2.0 gear, had way more plat than any other toons. Now they are broke most of the time. Ain't no competing with the Company Store.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

So how can someone gather mats and ask for another crafter to make an item if he can't trade strands? We are gonna have to farm plat in order to give it for the strand the crafter is gonna have to buy himself with crafting currency? That's not working!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    The costs were barely reduced; none of what made it expensive (i.e., the Strands) was reduced. It looks like them throwing the bone to placate people rightly annoyed by this unnecessary change. I can only guess that they were dissatisfied with these crafting mats actually being affordable and they're trying to drive up prices, while making it so inconvenient for people to get Strands that they'll just buy them with spare credits.
    This is not the case in the slightest. The issue is that the Strands were launched as tradable which was a mistake on our part. This meant that effectively what was a closed loop economy of crafting marks now had a tangible platinum value. So, all we have done with this change is return that to a closed loop and removed that platinum value.

Yes, I know that a lot of you are going to be upset by this and for that I'm truly, truly sorry. However, it's the right thing to do for the crafting marks economy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    Yes, I know that a lot of you are going to be upset by this and for that I'm truly, truly sorry. However, it's the right thing to do for the crafting marks economy.
    Alot of us are upset about it because it essentially destroyed the crafting economy.

I make my entire plat income on amenders, and part of that, is buying strands. With 10 crafting professions, I make on average 15 strands a week. 15 Strands means I can only craft 15 of these amenders, compared to before what I was able to do was craft anywhere between 50 and 100 amenders that required strands, and now I cannot.

Prices will adjust, but it is no longer possible to exist solely within the niche of a crafter anymore.

Now my only real recourse is to buy strands from a credit seller, which was and is, the driving force behind the plat value of Strands.

You didn't change the plat value of strands, nor increase or diminish it, all you did was require credits to be used in the process. What you posted is a PR smokescreen.
    Last edited by CDagger; 05-20-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

So, all we have done with this change is return that to a closed loop and removed that platinum value.
    And yet the credit value still remains.

I was planning on working a few alts in to make more crafting supplies, but this change has put me off from doing so. While this has not personally effected me, I can see how it does upset people to "fix" something that should have never existed. Is there anyway to get these changes to BoA versus just BoP? A lot of people have spent hundreds of dollars working getting their crafters up with extensions ect. I believe that this would be the right thing to do, after this was a mistake from the get go.

Thanks!

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Coben View Post
    I was planning on working a few alts in to make more crafting supplies, but this change has put me off from doing so. While this has not personally effected me, I can see how it does upset people to "fix" something that should have never existed. Is there anyway to get these changes to BoA versus just BoP? A lot of people have spent hundreds of dollars working getting their crafters up with extensions ect. I believe that this would be the right thing to do, after this was a mistake from the get go.

Thanks!
    We can certainly make them bind on account.

General of Telara

This is not the case in the slightest. The issue is that the Strands were launched as tradable which was a mistake on our part. This meant that effectively what was a closed loop economy of crafting marks now had a tangible platinum value. So, all we have done with this change is return that to a closed loop and removed that platinum value.

Dust of the Void costs 10 VS and pretty much adds a platinum value to stones. Are there any plans to do the same to them?

You could argue the cost to craft Congealed Dreams is 85% crafting marks. Any plans to make them and other amenders bop?

Thanks Vladd, good Birthday Present for me on my 30th! This will make me wana get them alts up for crafting, I just don't see the point of not having it BoA.

Thanks,

Coben/Khorben

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post

You could argue the cost to craft Congealed Dreams is 85% crafting marks. Any plans to make them and other amenders bop?

They have no plans at all, because the strands are already regulated solely based on credits, before, you had people buying and selling these strands without giving Trion money in the form of credits.

Even though the credit cost was the entire backing of strands prices.

People sell credits for somewhere in the area of .7 and .8 per credit. Meaning the cost was somewhere between 90 and 103 per strand if your buying them from a credit seller. The AH was normally between 90 and 115.

The only thing this change did, to reiterate, is require you to go through a credit seller, or a rex, in order to fuel yourself as a crafter. Which is a blatant cash grab for no other reason then to cash grab.

Champion

Good news!

*cancels order for alt moth balls*

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast