Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Like Tree293Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Strands of Draum and Arak Changes

Plane Touched

If that is so then I don't understand the bit that I quoted earlier where I read it to mean you were getting the strands so that you could get marks which you would spend to get new strands etc.

For me it is dailies to get marks which then leads to strands which either go towards FoM or amenders for raid gear upgrades

You craft for dailies (any daily) to get marks, to buy strands to do the ones that need strands (I have 3) so, all you end up doing is spending the marks from ALL of the dailies form the day before to get the strands for today. POINTLESS, no gain once you max skills.

If it isn't tradeable and I can't equip it, why bother crafting it if all it gets me is more of the item to craft it with, or other marks I don't need. Sure a few for fragments, but once that's done, why bother crafting at all?

There are a lot less costly ways to grind noteriety and, they works just as fast so, no need of that.

Once you are in your end game final gear and, it's all upgraded, unless you can sell it for plat (used to buy pets, mounts, costumes, rex, etc... that you WANT) then, there is no point in crafting it at all.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

Soulwalker

Vladd post of 5/21 at 10:26 am Item 6 stated all versions of strands will be tradeable.
    Patch notes of today says strands are now bound to account. They can't both be right if I understand the english language correctly. Oversight or intended?

Shadowlander

this is so stupid i have so many professions not one of them is dreamweaving or apoth. I don't want to waste the time to have to level that crap up on a useless alt. On top of that diaphonus cloth should not be needed it is needed in way too much on other recipes including the congealed dreams for outfitter. The drop rate on it is so low that it doesn't even pay to farm it.

Rift Chaser

can someone link the actual recipe, please? thanks.

I have 3 65s. My main has all gathering skills + weaponsmith, my alts have dreamweaving, apothecary, outfitter on one; runecrafter, artificer, armorsmith on second. All 3 have survival and fishing, everything at 450.
    I sold congealed dreams for more plat than I would have gotten by selling strands + mats today. Even if strands get account bound it doesnt affect me, I will easily sell them in this or that form.
    If I stop doing stupid dailies that basically cost more than they are worth I will not lose my sleep over it.

And I still say it was fine as it was and there was no need to complicate and re-invent the wheel for something that worked, even if it was not "intended" at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We have plans for the Merpho and Dreamleech fish.

This is great. I can't tell you how many stacks of those I have in my bank (and on alts), but I can't use them for much of anything.

It would be nice if some of these can be used in some recipes that currently call for an ungodly amount of sarleaf (leaf and extract form). It would actually help out if the extract were able to use some other base material instead of sarleaf. As it stands now, I can't seem to keep enough sarleaf on hand for my dailies, and when folks want the extract, we have to hunt for enough leaf to make it.

Please consider a substitute for this.

Telaran

Default cant make strands of draum

If only a dreamweaver can make a strand of draum.. I have no dreamweaver, i have EVERY craft but that one... I can no longer make any amenders that require it since i cannot purchase them with marks, i cant make them, and i cant acquire them from other players.. How are we supposed to make amenders now? You've just destroyed the crafting industry Trion. Congratulations.
    Also, cant do the weekly crafting quest since all recipes for Congealed Dreams require strands of Draum.
    Last edited by Azurafang; 05-27-2015 at 09:34 AM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #234
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Zelfy View Post
    Vladd post of 5/21 at 10:26 am Item 6 stated all versions of strands will be tradeable.
    Patch notes of today says strands are now bound to account. They can't both be right if I understand the english language correctly. Oversight or intended?
    Just an oversight on the patch notes. Morticus had already made the earlier change to make them bind on account based on an earlier post in this thread. When we made the second change to make them craftable, that patch note didn't get removed and stayed there. I'll have Morgana remove it for clarity.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rift Chaser

Current on live:

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #236
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Azurafang View Post
    and i cant acquire them from other players.
    You can certainly buy them from other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    You can certainly buy them from other players.
    Vladd, if these items were supposed to be bind to account, how can anyone purchase them from another player?

Being told items are bound to account then not clarifying that once made they can be sold to others, on the AH, etc., needs to be clarified better.

I had a complete stranger ask me for one but I could not even give it away...??? Seems something needs to be looked at.

When I had one in my inventory, it said Soul bound. It was only fortunate that I was able to make the solution he needed that used one of these, or we both would have been out of luck.

Rift Chaser

I made 2 draum and gave them to a friend this morning and then 3 more and put on the AH. Not bound at all.

edit: checked store, still for sale for credits, those are tradable too. Can not be bought with marks, as expected.
    Last edited by Mathadon; 05-27-2015 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Vladd, if these items were supposed to be bind to account, how can anyone purchase them from another player?

Being told items are bound to account then not clarifying that once made they can be sold to others, on the AH, etc., needs to be clarified better.

I had a complete stranger ask me for one but I could not even give it away...??? Seems something needs to be looked at.

When I had one in my inventory, it said Soul bound. It was only fortunate that I was able to make the solution he needed that used one of these, or we both would have been out of luck.

Patch notes are not clear, if you buy it from the store (credit/marks) it is BoA.
    If you craft them they can be traded.

Okay, got it figured out.

Before the recipies went live today, Vladd intended to make the BoA rather than Soulbound, then we decided on crafting them so, now they are not bound at all.

I haven't had time to check if the ones you buy from the store are bound, but that really doesn't matter now since crafted strands can be sold and traded.

ALll that really happened was a planned change, which was later changed again was put in the patch notes and someone forgot to remove it before posting the notes.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast