+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing and doing minions?

aka Chriisa

Default Fishing and doing minions?

Why can't you fish and do minions at the same time? Lets be honest fishing isnt fun at all, but then im actully fishing i would like to do something for example do 1 min minions adventure. I dont know if trion have said that they would fix this, since you can do minions then you are for example casting stuff so you should be able to do it while fishing right? pls fix this trion :P

Telaran

You can do both at the same time, just remember that you can not CLAIM the Minion loot whilst your character still has a line cast. The available loot window could not be shared between Minions and Fishing, meaning that it sometimes happened that you actually lost Minion loot.

Hence the loot bag was set to sequential use only: reel in a fish, THEN claim Minion loot. Send away new Minion, cast new line, etc. The few seconds you may lose when your Minion loot has to remain unclaimed until you catch a fish is really no big issue.

aka Chriisa

Quote Originally Posted by Dundrinkin View Post
    You can do both at the same time, just remember that you can not CLAIM the Minion loot whilst your character still has a line cast. The available loot window could not be shared between Minions and Fishing, meaning that it sometimes happened that you actually lost Minion loot.

Hence the loot bag was set to sequential use only: reel in a fish, THEN claim Minion loot. Send away new Minion, cast new line, etc. The few seconds you may lose when your Minion loot has to remain unclaimed until you catch a fish is really no big issue.
    Its just dumb to "punish" ppl that actully are fishing (and not using fishing bot) and wanna do 1 min minion adventure, and you actully do loose alot of uptime on minions, since you need to wait to actully catch a fish that can sometimes take up to 10 sec...
    Chriiisa@Typhiria - <Apotheosys> - Youtube - IGP HM 4/4 World first -

RIFT Fan Site Operator

You could be more constructive and suggest this instead of taking the "punishing" route...

Has it crossed a Devs mind players would spend there time doing one minute minions instead of watching a movie or reading (etc?) Possibly not since its unique for so many people to be fishing so long as much as we are right now. I haven't seen it since Dimension items were added and rare back then!

I'm unsure how both could co-exist considering you need to click on your screen for both and also see no prob with the slight delays, cheers for the thought might do the one min minions also.

I don't have a problem doing 1 or 5/15 minions while fishing. So you loose a second or two of one or the other to claim loot - not a big deal if all you are doing is fishing. If you want to use a lure, just send minions on adventures long enough to outlast the lure, or let them sit until the lure expires in a few minutes.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

General of Telara

using addon to send minions speed it up a lot, just couple secs to loot and send minions between casts

Rift Disciple

I don't really see a problem, I do both fishing and 1 min minions all the time, save when I'm using a long cooldown lure, then I send minions on longer adventures to have no interruption between pull and cast.

And if you really want you can speed up your minion, it does not cost much for a 1 min adven.

+ Reply to Thread