+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

Telaran

Default Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

I crafted the epic pole yesterday about 10 min's after servers came up (server first) and promptly didnt read the entire description until now.

Where can I find the Super Secret Lure its referring too? Stan offers no vendor options, I have checked all the fishing vendors. The last place I am thinking is that just by using the pole you will fish up the actual lures?

Soulwalker

IIRC it was a reward for the new fishing daily in MP. Could be mistaken but check there.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Volitan View Post
    I crafted the epic pole yesterday about 10 min's after servers came up (server first) and promptly didnt read the entire description until now.

Where can I find the Super Secret Lure its referring too? Stan offers no vendor options, I have checked all the fishing vendors. The last place I am thinking is that just by using the pole you will fish up the actual lures?
    Which pole? Atragarian Fishing Pole?
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Please tell me where to get the recipe for the Epic pole !

<O└d Skool>

ok, if you did the (non-daily) quest you should have the recipe for the Anatgarian fishing pole in your fishing skill under poles. If you look at the new fishing derby he has one lure recipe as a reward, and on the PTS I got what I think is the recipe you are looking for from a Tarken fishing chest, so they are dropping more than dimension items. You might also want to check the AH.

fun fact, the reel on the Antagarian pole glows when you have a fish on the line.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Which pole? Atragarian Fishing Pole?
    no, the epic fising pole. Stans Super therma fishin pole i think, im at work right now. It says in the description "Allow access to Stans Super Seceret Fishin Lure" I got the recipe for it from a quest item that dropped while fishing in tarken.

The epic pole glows yellow at the tip of it with sparkles shooting out, then when you land a fish the sparkles and glow become very large with sparkles flying everywhere and a blue aura appears at your characters feet.

This is different than the new blue pole and im not talking about the new twisted lure.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7

How many times did you have to fish to get the tackle box?
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Telaran

2 episodes of archer

Telaran

Also, it only seems to do the sparkle magic in Tarken Glacier. Anywhere else it has 0 effects, kinda a bummer.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Also, it only seems to do the sparkle magic in Tarken Glacier. Anywhere else it has 0 effects, kinda a bummer.
    That sounds like a bug. I'll take a look.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Trion Worlds, Inc.

Telaran

Sooooo...back to the original question:

What/where/how/when/whom do I go to/talk to/beg/plead to find info on this Super Secret Lure. Like I said none of the Stan's have any options to buy anything. And ive search up and down on the rift store and the merchants/trainers.

Or is it just fluff text and there is no lure?

Soulwalker

The super secret lure is also fished up, a friend fished it up and used it on his regular pole not knowing any different.

I have Stan's pole and it glows for me anywhere, not just Tarken, so that could be a graphic glitch.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

How many times did you have to fish to get the tackle box?
    i got pretty fast, just doing Uncle stan dailie in Draumheim got it, so, less than 50 catches

P. S. it's quite costly to make hehe

Telaran

I seem to be a magnet for graphic bugs if thats indeed what it is. I am going to try to make a video showing how it only works in TG (and only certain spots) for me.

Also, had a graphic "bug?" when I got the Tide Turner achievement. For a few days whenever I would port or get summoned I would leave behind a rather large watery bubbly mist on the ground, but it went away after a few days and others that have Tide Turner dont seem to remember seeing it when they got it.

Edit: So I just logged in after work and went and checked to see if it was still only doing the effects in TG and sure enough it now works everywhere.

Edit 2: and it quit working again....sigh
    Last edited by Volitan; 04-18-2015 at 03:33 AM.

ok, which guildmate do I have to sacrifice to get the Tackle Box to drop?
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast