+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

Fish Master

Thumbs up

I got the pole last week maybe 2 days after the wardrobe patch, I was fishing deep waters in goboro with the derby daily on and no lure, fished up the tackle box by itself not in a treasure.

Also got the lure in goboro but in shallow water, with the daily on and no lure.

I would suggest fishing with the daily on and no lure to get both of them.

Since getting the lure I've fished up some pretty cool stuff.. an orange "enormous ship" diminsion item which was a shard first on dw, a green "dwarven statue" or something named similar which was also a shard first, both of which I sold for 1kp.. other than those I have fished up many minions, alot of rep, alot or marks, some lures, including 1 of the lure of planar distortion that the recipe for the super secret lure refers to and many of the other NT purple lure.

If anyone wants any more info just hit me up at Emmakhae@Deepwood

PS, I know that I am lucky to have them already and wanna help others get them as well. Not everyone is lucky to have 2 children who fight over whos going to go fishing for dad when he is not raiding, so I feel your pain guys but dont give up!

EDIT: Here are some SS's of a few of the items.

To fish these up I would tell people to have the derby quest active, no lure on, and not be fishing in a special pool... and fish your heart out somewhere in the plane of water. I could be wrong but thats what seems to me like the requirements are. ENJOY!
    Last edited by Reltub; 05-05-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Soulwalker

To fish these up I would tell people to have the derby quest active, no lure on, and not be fishing in a special pool... and fish your heart out somewhere in the plane of water. I could be wrong but thats what seems to me like the requirements are. ENJOY!
    So to confirm, you fished up the recipe? or found it in a chest?

Fish Master

The recipe was alone by itself, not in a chest. Nor was the tackle box. Both were fished up by themselves, took 3-4 pulls to bring in and were caught in goboro, with the derby quest active and no lure being used.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you don't need to be on any derby quest or fishing quest. It's completely ****ing RNG.

I got my 2nd USSL recipe today. No quest. Nothing special, just fishing (with and without lure.)

random random random random
    Last edited by Riane; 05-05-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Fish Master

word, just telling people what i had and what i would suggest. either way it obviously doesnt hurt to have the derby on, but if you fished one up it doesnt help either. so basically fish with or without lure (my opinion would be you have more chances without one) in water in the plane of water and eventually you'll get a tackle box and/or uncle stans super secret lure.

happy hunting.
    Last edited by Reltub; 05-05-2015 at 10:50 AM.

as I wrote earlier, I got my box without any active quest too.

Default Summing it up

It appears that most (Or even all) of the Super Secret Lure Recipes here were obtained in Goboro Reef Shallow Water. Anybody able to say different?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyScott View Post
    It appears that most (Or even all) of the Super Secret Lure Recipes here were obtained in Goboro Reef Shallow Water. Anybody able to say different?
    Yeah. Tarken Glacier, deep water.

Default A Terrible Moment

I had a 3+ reel on my fish. This mostly means that I had the recipe for the secret lure. Suddenly, BAM, internet outage city-wide in my place. Never got the recipe, and I can't confirm at all that I had a 3+ reel, but seriously, it was brutally cruel. I might send in a ticket if the devs would actually return my lucky RNG breakthrough, but no evidence is present...
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

This mostly means that I had the recipe for the secret lure.
    No it doesnt, it only means you were fishing up something that takes 3+ reels. Could have been stubborn Seer Eel most likely.

I see RNG driving people nuts here only.

I got my tackle box 4 days ago, TG deep water.
    Now, after 6k+ fishes still no secret lure recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    No it doesnt, it only means you were fishing up something that takes 3+ reels. Could have been stubborn Seer Eel most likely.

I see RNG driving people nuts here only.
    I have never, in my entire fishing experience on Rift, seen a Seer Eel take more than 1-3 reels.
    Last edited by SpideyScott; 05-06-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    Ok, past the 5000 tosses this week trying to get this Super Secret Lure recipe.

Am comming to the point I am getting doubts if I am doing something wrong.

I tried all I could think of:

All maps (PoW) - deep and shallow
    With quest - no quest
    Quest finished - Quest open
    No lure mostly - few times a day the trophy lure to get some boxes.
    Omen sight on/off

Prayed to RNGesus (Trove)
    Even made a nice fishing suit matching my pole.
    Put on my Halo ...
    Getting at the point I want to make a human sacrifice ...

Though I suspect it is just luck, and the quest has no influence what so ever.

I can imagine that the specific fish and rare fish lures may interfere with the recipe drop, it would be nice if we can get confirmed if the trophy lure will hinder us or not.

Now in the past 15 years I have been playing MMO's I found out that the RNG gods do not seem to like me, so I did not expect any super fast results.
    But passing 5k tosses is starting to let doubts creep into me.

Meanwhile I have a lifetime supply fishes.

Any heads up here would be mostly appreaciated.
    Just really hope I am not missing something/doing something wrong and wasting all this time.

Thanks for your time,

Fishionair Oomfoofoo
    You got thousands of Leeches and Merphoes too, eh? I guess that's how RNG works - "Screw your opinion, do it until you're lucky!"

I have never, in my entire fishing experience on Rift, seen a Seer Eel take more than 1-3 reels.
    Mine take 3. And that is exactly how much the box with the pole quest took.

Rift Disciple

Default Leaderboard

I was using the leaderboard to keep track of my tosses trying to get the lure.

But it seems broken, it took the end total of last week as start number this week and is not adding the tosses I made/make after daily/weekly reset ...

Anyone had this before, or knows a fix ?

Oomfoofoo@typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast