+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

I thought the loot tables were going to be improved. Cerulean renke decree, Atragarian attractor recipe, and crafting stash just now, Previously renke decree and two crafting boxes.

Deified @ Wolfsbane

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #467

They were changed to not pay out the same thing as frequently, but they often still give out "common" rewards. You just need to fish harder!

There are still lots of cool things that people have yet to discover!

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    They were changed to not pay out the same thing as frequently, but they often still give out "common" rewards. You just need to fish harder!

To be honest, the change was just not enough. I can tell a small difference, but not that much. I especially hate getting that Twisted Artifact Attractor that takes 4 pulls and gets my hopes up for nothing, and that happens quite a bit. I really thought you would take more of our requests into consideration than you have....and I hope you will consider further changes. There is a REASON we haven't found all the cool things still out there!!! I haven't found a new item in weeks, and don't fish 3 times a day anymore either, maybe once, sometimes twice. I still have a little hope that I'll get something awesome, but it's not really that much fun since I'm not getting good results. I even got a plain wood bundle recently.....and that is really not cool. Just my 2 cents....again

And in spite of the somewhat complaining tone of my post, please know that I still very much appreciate everything you do for us. I know it must be a real balancing act at times. Now......where's our building blocks?
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Default Did you get your lure yet Morticus?

You just need to fish harder!

Fish harder? Four weeks and now almost 34K casts and no lure. How much harder must I fish? Whilst some have multiple lures, I just want one.

Bella
    Bellarosa ~ Dimensions Lovingly Created on Laethys - look for Bellarosa

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #470

We're waiting on some tech to make the lure less painful. It's coming, we promise!
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Default Thank you so very much

Morticus, I will dedicate my Fish n' Chip Shop Dimension to you :P

Bella

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

We're waiting on some tech to make the lure less painful. It's coming, we promise!
    That's good. I've been working off and on for this since April. I haven't gotten quite the numbers Bella has, because I got angry and quit fishing for it. I don't care how great and wonderful the items are, they are not worth this grind as it stands right now.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

You have to not think of it as a grind. I got the tackleboxes and the lure recipe not even thinking about how many casts, or where I was fishing, or how long I'd been at it. I wasn't even fishing other than doing the derby. That's all the fishing I do on the ones who don't have the lure (not to mention the ones who don't have the tacklebox either....)

I don't think fishing is fun - not in this game nor any other (though it's less agonizing in TOMMO - by a factor of bajillions....) so I just do the derby where I'm guaranteed rewards (even if they're not spiffy). If I get the tacklebox or the lure, wonderful. If I don't, I still got rewards.

Sometimes, chasing stuff is just not the way to go.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Is it anything that will help the RNG pain for those of us that heve the lure, and are still fisning up crap? Let me give you a fer'instance.........tonight after I made the last post in this thread I went fishing with the lure and got:

1. Brown brick pole (please no old building blocks! We are drowning in them already!)
    2. Ancient Mechanized Ethian Steed
    3. Minion card: STOFIE! This card shouldn't even be in ANY loot table, it's the very first card every person gets.

I thought it was bad before but now I think it might be even worse.
    Dimensions on Faeblight:
    Gatekeeper's Christmas Cottage, Faerwood Cottage, Sunrise Cottage, Moonglow Cottage (Nym)
    Ozark Mountain Christmas ( Aedrexa)
    Dream Weaver's Palace (Morgeanna)

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I don't think fishing is fun - not in this game nor any other (though it's less agonizing in TOMMO - by a factor of bajillions....) so I just do the derby where I'm guaranteed rewards (even if they're not spiffy). If I get the tacklebox or the lure, wonderful. If I don't, I still got rewards.

Sometimes, chasing stuff is just not the way to go.
    I understand Narcise. Normally, I am not a chaser. I get things when I get things, and am often 'late to the party' In this instance, my window to fish hard was open, but will close soon because of study. At that point I will have limited (very) time to play until closer to Christmas, so I was optimistic I would get the lure during my break. It was my choice to chase for this, I guess it is just the level of RNG that is so disheartening, and the reason I have made a few posts about it. There is rare, there is chase rare, but even with chase rares there is an expectation you will eventually "catch:

I am delighted at the prospect of the RNG being looked at, and also that I can go back to enjoying fishing just for the sake of it, because in Rift, I like to fish

Cheers

Bella

General of Telara

it's not about getting just same drops, it's about getting same common drops, it not really matter if we get 3 different common all time, or 2 out of 3 will be same, for example decree, they aren't worth time/plat/effort, and adding white minions to it, no, i let collect dust that recipe little longer

Good luck with what's left of your window, Bella.... (and every time I see a post from you now, I'm confuzzled because you changed your avatar....)
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I am going to agree The decrees are POS. Artifacts POS. Lure recipe's WTF. I only fished up hundreds of them trying for the lure. Twisted and rare artifact lures. I can make them from the hundreds of recipe's I fished up the first time.

There is such a huge diversity of items that come from these lures that just removing these items would help a ton. We will still get soul bound minons, mounts, wardrobe sets we already have. Which is going to happen if you use it every day.

At the beginning these give us feel goods. Which is awesome for when you finally get the lure. Cant these just become our biggest trash in the end.

I know you guys are working your butts off this week and this is probably the last thing on your minds. If we didn't let you know our frustration with these you wouldn't know.

Last but not least at all. Thank you for all the awesome this last patch. To every dev to every tech to every engineer. I give you a 10 for making this one of the best patches ever. Not just from a dim stand point but from the stand point of every part you added in. I even noticed it doesn't take me 4 min to log in at Margle Palace any more.

The only reason i want this lure is because it allows me to have a chance to get the dimension that i don't normally find, hearing about people telling me the chances are low to get those items is kinda painful despite my hours of fishing(3260 casts so far) and hearing the lure only has a 30 second duration and 6 hour cooldown also added that the new loot table....don't know if i want it anymore :< (hehe i might lie to myself im gonna get it the next cast and end up fishing for hours :P)

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTribalStars View Post
    The only reason i want this lure is because it allows me to have a chance to get the dimension that i don't normally find, hearing about people telling me the chances are low to get those items is kinda painful despite my hours of fishing(3260 casts so far) and hearing the lure only has a 30 second duration and 6 hour cooldown also added that the new loot table....don't know if i want it anymore :< (hehe i might lie to myself im gonna get it the next cast and end up fishing for hours :P)
    it's not 30 sec, but 3 attempts, as for drops, dimension items are rare, good dimension items are even more rare

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast