+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Just wondering, is the person who came up with this idea the same who came up with those f*ed up relic cape recipies in SL?
    Pretty much what I'm thinking. The relic cape recipes was done in the most ******ed way and this is pretty close. How bad is it to reward something through effort instead of luck?

Shadowlander

R(ng)IFT everything is random in rift since the very begining. I really hate that but... i play since the beta
    But i like the idea of someome here : your luck is increased each time you take XXX fishes
    Orance@brisesol

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    How bad is it to reward something through effort instead of luck?
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

Anyway, in the case of the fishing pole i was lucky for once, because i got it after only 20 minutes fishing in TG.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

Anyway, in the case of the fishing pole i was lucky for once, because i got it after only 20 minutes fishing in TG.
    That legit though.

Telaran

Default How I got tackle box

I think I got most wierd find of tackle box ever.

I fished inside Tyrant's trone raid, at pools on Pumpkin. Just 1 single throw into pool while raid was buffing. There were 6-7 splashes instead of usual 3 and i knew its something odd.. and pop there was orange tackle box

Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs.
    That is an idea I first heard about 10 years ago but I still think it would work if anyone had guts to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by cibi View Post
    I think I got most wierd find of tackle box ever.

I fished inside Tyrant's trone raid, at pools on Pumpkin. Just 1 single throw into pool while raid was buffing. There were 6-7 splashes instead of usual 3 and i knew its something odd.. and pop there was orange tackle box
    If anyone else comes here and says they got the box first try in some raid or another I am going to develop such conspiracy theory against casuals you will be sorry you ever posted that

Adopted that as my signature... I advise the same for others

Plane Touched

Can we please keep the crying to a minimum? This thread has been helpful/informative and it would be a shame if it got locked.

I'm past the 7k+ mark now and still no Secret Lure Recipe, but on the plus side I've been gathering a lot of chests and am going to conduct a loot table test when the PTS is back up.

Question Question about lures

Are the lures suppose to share a gcd? Cause most of mine do, which is really crappy. imo.. While fishing for the derby today, I made and used a "enduring magnetic lure" (just for the chance of maybe getting some arties) while fishing for derby.. When I was done, I went to use my "twisted atragarian lure" and it was on cd.. Noticed this with other lures as well, a few days back.. Is this as intended, or just a over looked bug?
    Last edited by Runningmoon; 05-10-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: missed spelled derby

Quote Originally Posted by Runningmoon View Post
    Are the lures suppose to share a gcd? Cause most of mine do, which is really crappy. imo.. While fishing for the derby today, I made and used a "enduring magnetic lure" (just for the chance of maybe getting some arties) while fishing for derby.. When I was done, I went to use my "twisted atragarian lure" and it was on cd.. Noticed this with other lures as well, a few days back.. Is this as intended, or just a over looked bug?
    Yeah, noticed that today, not thrilled....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

(snip)
    I find this post to be tacky, irrelevant, and completely unhelpful. I seriously doubt Mort or any dev would respect your opinion when you cast personal aspersions.

Can we stay on topic, please? This is supposed to be a helpful thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Runningmoon View Post
    Mort said he's looking at it- I don't like the shared GCD for non-purple lures as well.

Took me a day of setting my mind on fishing with enduring trophy lure (cause im a dim addict, might as well have some fun items) to get the tackle box, and another day to get the super secret lure recipe (shard first yay!), again with enduring trophy lure to give me some sense of it not being useless fishing.

*edit: I hate that there is now CD for 15 min lures as well *
    Last edited by Amielle; 05-10-2015 at 03:06 PM.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #194

The lures have been changed so they no longer share a cooldown group, the magnetic lures now payout 10-12 artifacts on average and have a two hour cooldown.

We do listen to you guys.

Rift Chaser

Would be nice if the pole and lure recipe were also linked to achievements, for those of us on the short end of the RNG spectrum.

Like the 10000 fish achievement (Supreme Atragarian Fisherman) for pole and the final achievement (Exalted Angler) for lure. Sure, it is a metric-butt-ton of work but it is something you can work for instead of just playing the lottery 10000 times and hoping to hit it... twice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast