+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Tackle Box Acquired

1492 Casts
    Ataggrian Well - Goboro
    Deep Water
    Artifact Lure On
    No Derby Quest active

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    ... this ... sounds ... really weird ...

Specially, because this does not really reward the dedicated fisherpeople ...
    Some lucky ones got it by accident not even aiming for the recipe, and some that were aiming for this got it also really fast, whilst others like me are in the thousands and thousands.
    Fish in the off line world don't dedicate themselves to someones hook whose been fishing for 25 years over someone whose casting for the first time. Though that first time fisher might now be encouraged to take it up full time and turn it into sport as well as leisure.

Life is weird.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-07-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

In time we might look at changing the drop rate on the lure, but for now we're fine with it as is.

From my perspective, it seems that no developer would have a problem with it. They would grind away casually, smiling because they know they can always spawn it in. There's a difference to a Dev 'grinding' to a player grinding. We have no confirming it will happen, whereas a Dev can whistle away at their rod instead of sweating, sighing when they get a 2+reel and it turns out to be a seer eel, etc.

TL;DR: Devs have it easy, doesn't mean it's easy.
    Last edited by SpideyScott; 05-07-2015 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post

Fish in the off line world don't dedicate themselves to someones hook whose been fishing for 25 years over someone whose casting for the first time. Though that first time fisher might now be encouraged to take it up full time and turn it into sport as well as leisure.

Life is weird.
    This is Rift. A land full of illogical happenings that makes the game better. Need I say more?
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyScott View Post
    This is Rift. A land full of illogical happenings that makes the game better. Need I say more?
    EDIT: Gotcha on the re-quote yup sounds like a typical game or an interaction with/hunting an animal to me!

Also: Devs have said time and time again throughout the passed 4/5 years they also play on their own accounts normally anonymously so they can actually play that has no Dev modes on it.
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-07-2015 at 12:04 PM.

"Said"

Makes it less believable...
    Last edited by SpideyScott; 05-07-2015 at 01:35 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #156

I know I left my tin foil hat around here somewhere...

I don't use any dev powers on live for any personal gain. That's career suicide, but people are more than welcome to believe what they like.

I'm also up to almost 1,000 fish and no sign of the tackle box yet.

I know I left my tin foil hat around here somewhere...
    Can we get that as a costume piece?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    Info About Testing:

Dimension:

-2 blue dimension items

-1 purple dimension item

-1 relic/orange dimension item

-1 green dimension item
    You don't by chance have screenshots of these items and names?

Would be great thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Nebucent View Post
    Wardrobe:

-5 wardrobe bundles, all soulbound (Resplendent Bundle) (Nefarious Bundle) (Polished Bundle) (Embelished Bundle) (Warlord Plate Bundle)
    All the items are exciting but this is super exciting to see!
    Last edited by Kiwi; 05-07-2015 at 09:38 PM.

seems to me based on all the comments its just a very rare drop and can be found in any POW area shallow or deep. Just my 2c.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

**Update**

10k+ fishes still no lure

Feeling "rewarded"? ;)
    Last edited by CKat; 05-08-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Soulwalker

Default Not The Lure I Want But , A Suprise Gift

Nice Plat Haul For The Pendant
    Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure-plat-locket.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rifbender View Post
    Nice Plat Haul For The Pendant
    Attachment 23430
    Obviously not legit, totally photoshopped. Description matches logic

I don't use any dev powers on live for any personal gain. That's career suicide, but people are more than welcome to believe what they like.

Ah, I see your point there. I've been an administrator for some minor games (Kicked out due to my pointing out of fallacies) and I usually note that developers have it mostly simple and RNG is nothing to them. Guess you guys are better than that!

Also, the playing of the game and learning how frustrating it is can get you guys some feedback from yourselves! That's a practical tactic!

I'm beginning to wonder how much blood Uncle Stan will have left after I beat him with the rod he designed once I have that SUPER SECRET LURE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast