+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Uncle Stan's Super Secret Lure

woot finially got tacklebox 206 catches short of 10,000.

now time for the lure
    Sarek@Seastone Live Long and Prosper

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Mine take 3. And that is exactly how much the box with the pole quest took.
    Many people have gotten it in 4 reels. If you're the only one who's had to only do 3 reels, then I have no idea how that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #138

I'm sitting at ~800 casts and no tackle box.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I'm sitting at ~800 casts and no tackle box.
    No tackle box, and I just broke the achievement for 10k atragarian fish . RNGeebus, how I hate thee!
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel

Baradara@Greybriar

I gave up. It stopped being fun.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Telaran

We arent here to have fun while fishing. You think this is some sort of game?

Too bad the recipe isnt tradeable. IMO make it even rarer but tradeable, that way those who have done 10k+ can at least have a alternate way to get it, but it wouldnt be farmable for people to sell for massive amounts of plat. I would honestly give a few away if I caught multiples after reading this thread out of pity.

Exactly. While I'll try for some things quite a few times, finding out that thousands of casts won't get me any closer to my target makes me stop right here. I want it, but I will not play if it isn't fun. And that isn't fun for me.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Plane Touched

As someone who is in the 5k+ club and still doesn't have the Secret Lure I'm really glad that it isn't trade-able/sell-able.

This is something that is used for fishing and something that must actually be earned through fishing. It's not like these lures are really required for anything, most of the stuff you get from them is BoP/soulbound/BoA fluff; and of course with anything RNG-related there will always be lucky people who get it considerably quicker than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    A gradual % increase in chance every 10 or 50 or whatever fish would be better so you know that it WILL end some day.
    This is a neat idea though.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #144

It's mean to be a very rare chase item and reward the players that have been lucky enough to get it. Not everyone is going to have the time/patience or drive to want to get this, and we're okay with that. Players that do have the lure will still occasionally fish-up the tradeable version (Lure of Planar Distortion), which will give you access to the same loot table. The rewards in that loot table are directly correlated to the rarity of the lure. We set it up so just about everything that comes out of it is cool/fun/desirable.

In time we might look at changing the drop rate on the lure, but for now we're fine with it as is.

Rift Disciple

reward the players that have been lucky

... this ... sounds ... really weird ...

Specially, because this does not really reward the dedicated fisherpeople ...
    Some lucky ones got it by accident not even aiming for the recipe, and some that were aiming for this got it also really fast, whilst others like me are in the thousands and thousands.

Now if all only got the recipe after thousands of tosses, then I believe you when you say it a reward for the dedicated/hardcore, but as it looks like to me now, it just plain old RNG/Luck.

Anyhow, I do not mind to work for what I want ...
    And am one of those lucky people that actually likes fishing.
    Just am really unlucky in RNG.

I do hope for some clarification to keep my hopes up and fishing fun, like:

Am I required to fish in PoW ... I ask cause with the 3.7k tosses for the epic pole, and 5.5k tosses last week in trying to get the lure (till this moment no luck yet) , I have a crap load of PoW fish now.
    Cannot count since weekly reset because the leaderboard broke on me.

Does the lure recipe have a chance to drop from the fished treasure chests as reported?
    If so .. or even when not , does using trophy lure interfere with the fished recipe drop ?

Anyhow for now, I plan to keep going for this recipe, but I must admit am slowly loosing hope because it is RNG. (like some are lucky to get it within 1000 tosses, some will never get it)

Daily Procedure:
    1. Log in to Rift.
    2. Do + Turn in derby.
    3. Fish for rest of day.
    4. Look at attempt-count addon.
    5. Notice it's raised 500-1k.
    6. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Maybe Trion should use RNG to determine the salary for the Devs. If they are lucky they get their regular wage otherwise they know how we players often feel, when we put hours and hours effort into something and get the finger, while others give something a try for 5 minutes and walk away with the jackpot.

reward the players that have been lucky enough to get it
    Funny, I always thought reward was something I get for my exceptional effort not just because luck dropped it in my lap without me doing anything significant.
    Must be we have different views on what "reward" is.

**Update**
    8k+ fishes and still no lure

[...] reward the players that are using bots
    Fixed that for you.

Just wondering, is the person who came up with this idea the same who came up with those f*ed up relic cape recipies in SL?
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

After who knows how many thousand fish I got my rod yesterday.
    Don't know if this helps but I was fishing down that ramp in TC right in the middle for days/hours and didn't get it. Then looked at the two to my right up on those rocks (who look like bot's @WB, been there for days) who both had the rod. So I went to the right of them jumped up from water and fished there for 10 minutes and got it. Rod didn't have the FX on it yesterday but did today till I went in WF and again without the FX.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast