+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cool new stuff on Public Test Shard for 3.2!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Thumbs up Cool new stuff on Public Test Shard for 3.2!

Jump on PTS and check out all of the cool new stuff for 3.2!
    • Weekly crafting quests have been added to Nightmare Tide! You can find them on Howard in Choreburg next to Elena Lyra. These weekly quests pay out notoriety and Fragments of Horror tokens. Enjoy!
    • Nightmare Seals can now be upgraded two additional tiers! Components for them can be obtained from new daily quests offered by any of the Nightmare Scholars found throughout the game. Nightmare Seals now upgrade to each tier instead of one at a time, but the costs are the same. Nightmare Seals not currently at one of the tiers will continue to upgrade by one until a tier is reached.
    • Fishing lures now last for five minutes and artifact lures last for two minutes and four minutes for the extended duration artifact lures.
    • There are new attractor minions on the Rift store for Armorsmith, Artificer, Outfitter, Runecrafter and Weaponsmith professions to craft!
    • There is now a new 30 slot bag available for purchase with crafting Amenders from the Rift store! Outfitters can now craft a new 28 slot bag that uses materials from Nightmare Tide!
    • Anglers, rejoice! Uncle Stan has finally made his way to the Plane of Water! Artifact lures have been improved to also catch fish! Fishing in lower level “grey con” areas will now grant skill-ups, but at a much slower rate than fishing in an appropriate or higher zone.
    • Added in two new sky projectors for Dimensions: River of Souls and Steppes of Infinity! Look for them on the Rift store!
    • New Savant crafting dailies have been added to Elena Lyra to create diversity!
    • Elena Lyra can now also be found in Tempest Bay, allowing for Savant crafters to complete daily quests there as well.
    • Ever wanted to listen to Finric, Lord Arak or Bufo dialog again? Peruse Cosmologist Mann’s Journal? Hear the grumblings of the Sharax as told by Aegnir? Well now you can! Be on the lookout for these new Dimension items!
    • You can now add snow flurries and a blizzard to your Dimensions, just like the Indoor/Outdoor Precipitator! Look for it on the Rift store, Artifact Collector merchant and inside minion mission rewards!

Feedback on this stuff is appreciated!
    Last edited by Morticus; 04-01-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Having new recipe for 28 slots bags is great, making it require 2x Strands of Araks is not so cool. The amount of Leather and Cloth is fine, the rest is super expensive for a bag that you can craft way cheaper by using old mats....

2 Strands of Arak
    28 Dust of the Void
    Vendor mats for 30p

Is this final?

Lots of cools stuff in the list, sadly this one was a disappointment when I checked it
    Last edited by Ailene; 03-31-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    • Nightmare Seals can now be upgraded two additional tiers! Components for them can be obtained from new daily quests offered by any of the Nightmare Scholars found throughout the game. Nightmare Seals now upgrade to each tier instead of one at a time, but the costs are the same. Nightmare Seals not currently at one of the tiers will continue to upgrade by one until a tier is reached.

Feedback on this stuff is appreciated!
    Nightmare Realignment Tools(as long as these are the mentioned components) are not part of the current daily quests on pts- also NM 6 dailies are not in the pool of having only one NM daily active(you could select both and one NM1-5 quest).

Welcome to NM 6 Rifts Maddening Shield is back

Are the NM 6 Rifts are just linked to the new seals or are there also new essences coming/dropping?

Crafting weeklies may need a hint that the recipes for them are in the shop.
    Also would be nice to have choice which marks you can get(ACM and VS) unless FoH get a higher purpose than buying T1 gear that some people won`t need in the future.
    Last edited by Soulshield; 03-31-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Having new recipe for 28 slots bags is great, making it require 2x Strands of Araks is not so cool. The amount of Leather and Cloth is fine, the rest is super expensive for a bag that you can craft way cheaper by using old mats....

2 Strands of Arak
    28 Dust of the Void
    Vendor mats for 30p

Is this final?

Lots of cools stuff in the list, sadly this one was a disappointment when I checked it
    No one in their right minds is going to use a recipe that requires Strands of Arak when they can buy the old mats for pennies (relatively speaking) and use the old recipe.
    Last edited by Shattered; 03-31-2015 at 09:50 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Pretty much. The Empyrean Bag is a hell of a lot cheaper in comparison. I actually did a double-take and thought the Nightmare Touched Bag recipe might make 10 bags at once or something with that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Pretty much. The Empyrean Bag is a hell of a lot cheaper in comparison. I actually did a double-take and thought the Nightmare Touched Bag recipe might make 10 bags at once or something with that price.
    I checked for that too before I posted

Plane Touched

[LIST][*]Weekly crafting quests have been added to Nightmare Tide! You can find them on Howard in Choreburg next to Elena Lyra. These weekly quests pay out notoriety and Fragments of Horror tokens. Enjoy!
    I'd like to once again ask that the rewards for these are either changed to something crafting related or at least additional reward options are added. As it currently stands, these weeklies will be pointless for those of us that are both dedicated crafters and high end raiders at the same time, from day one. Many of us have very limited use for fragments of horror already, and will have zero use for them when 3.2 hits. Ideally I'd like some more crafting marks as a reward for those, or something that can be converted into plat (tho that might be bad for economy), but at the very least adding the void stone/abyssal mark option would still be better than just having the FoH one.
    Stack on 8 - Gelidra
    RoF 4/4 Conq, MS 5/5, TF 3/3, HK 5/11

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8

Quote Originally Posted by Fand View Post
    I'd like to once again ask that the rewards for these are either changed to something crafting related or at least additional reward options are added. As it currently stands, these weeklies will be pointless for those of us that are both dedicated crafters and high end raiders at the same time, from day one. Many of us have very limited use for fragments of horror already, and will have zero use for them when 3.2 hits. Ideally I'd like some more crafting marks as a reward for those, or something that can be converted into plat (tho that might be bad for economy), but at the very least adding the void stone/abyssal mark option would still be better than just having the FoH one.
    We changed it so now you can choose a chance at random marks or the Fragments of Horror.

Rift Disciple

Feedback on this stuff is appreciated![*]Weekly crafting quests have been added to Nightmare Tide! You can find them on Howard in Choreburg next to Elena Lyra. These weekly quests pay out notoriety and Fragments of Horror tokens. Enjoy!

I don't like that to do the weekly requires mats that would consume the marks we get from the dailies.

[*]Nightmare Seals can now be upgraded two additional tiers! Components for them can be obtained from new daily quests offered by any of the Nightmare Scholars found throughout the game. Nightmare Seals now upgrade to each tier instead of one at a time, but the costs are the same. Nightmare Seals not currently at one of the tiers will continue to upgrade by one until a tier is reached.

I found it a bit crazy all those upgrades to the seal. It did become somewhat amusing though. However this change seems to throw off the flavor text (the 15th/25th seal etc), as well as the achievments that require you to update the seal so many times. It also seems to throw things out of sync with the achievments adding two tiers at onces, without the nmr to match it. For that matter the matching Consumed by achievment for nmr vi is missing. Is that deliberate?

Also, now we need 160 motes for one of the upgrade step. Bag space is already going to be more precious as we will not be able to store gear in the waredrobe spots for our roles anymore. How about upping the stack size of the motes and other crafting mats to help match the new amounts of materials being used for some recipies. Better yet give us crafting storage items for our dimensions.

[*]There are new attractor minions on the Rift store for Armorsmith, Artificer, Outfitter, Runecrafter and Weaponsmith professions to craft!

Please give us repeller minions as well. I would much rather repell dimension adventures than attract any other specific type.

[*]There is now a new 30 slot bag available for purchase with crafting Amenders from the Rift store! Outfitters can now craft a new 28 slot bag that uses materials from Nightmare Tide!

Please change these to 30 slots and 32 slots at least. I have heard the UI arguements, however I have all 36 slot bags on the PTS and the only issue is I have to click the bank forward to see those at times. A minor inconvence compared to the gain in storage. Also, we are losing storage with the wardrobe changes, so it would be nice to have some ways to get some of that back.

[*]Anglers, rejoice! Uncle Stan has finally made his way to the Plane of Water! Artifact lures have been improved to also catch fish! Fishing in lower level “grey con” areas will now grant skill-ups, but at a much slower rate than fishing in an appropriate or higher zone.

Sounds good, but I can't check it yet as my fishing it too low.
    Last edited by Twobits; 04-02-2015 at 01:15 PM.

General of Telara

We changed it so now you can choose a chance at random marks or the Fragments of Horror.
    PTS update today has this change. You can now only choose one of the following: 650 notoriety, 400 FoH or a bag of a random amount of crafting marks.

To give people an idea of what you get from the random bag of marks I got 21gmm 145mm 256am before token bonus. Unless you are running a 160% token vial with patron its a net loss on marks. The one advantage to the bag of random marks is it does allow you to stock over max marks.

Telaran

Since with 3.2 Tier1 raid gear can be purchased it would be nice if the crafting weeklies could be done by each profession and not just one per week. Drop the pay out by 2/3rds and allow every profession a weekly just like in the old day when you also got a lure.

Break all 5 factions up with 3 choices per weekly profession as rewards. Then weeklies have a value and crafters have a reward for the time investment same as PvPers or Raiders. Just offers a 3rd way to progress both in gear and in rep.

I hope the recipe for the NT 28 slot bags has changed, 30 plat and a strand from the store to make one is pure stupid compared to empyrean 28 slot bag costs.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 04-07-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Twobits View Post
    Also, now we need 160 motes for one of the upgrade step. Bag space is already going to be more precious as we will not be able to store gear in the waredrobe spots for our roles anymore. How about upping the stack size of the motes and other crafting mats to help match the new amounts of materials being used for some recipies. Better yet give us crafting storage items for our dimensions.
    Motes already stack above 100 in one slot. Not sure what max stack size is, but I've had more than 160 in one slot in the past.
    Last edited by forbiddenlake; 04-07-2015 at 11:48 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    I hope the recipe for the NT 28 slot bags has changed, 30 plat and a strand from the store to make one is pure stupid compared to empyrean 28 slot bag costs.
    Yes. It has:

48x Bolt of Diaphanous Cloth
    20x Fabled Leather
    28x Dust of the Void
    2x Crustacean Oil
    8x Inelastic Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    Yes. It has:

48x Bolt of Diaphanous Cloth
    20x Fabled Leather
    28x Dust of the Void
    2x Crustacean Oil
    8x Inelastic Thread
    Thanks I didnt get a chance to look yet, but IMHO thats still too much plat and materials. I suggest reduce the cloth to 32 and increase leather to 28. Decrease Dust of the Void to 12 to 18. Plat costs should be the same as Empy bags or within 1 or 2 pp, 10 is still too much.

If this was a 30 slot bag, I might agree with these costs to make them, but its not, its an Empyrean bag with a different name with extremely high costs (still). The costs really need to be much closer to the same, not highway robbery.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 04-08-2015 at 12:32 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast