+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Cool new stuff on Public Test Shard for 3.2!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

It'll catch up.

Everything is trending downward right now anyway, thanks to mudflation.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    It'll catch up.

Everything is trending downward right now anyway, thanks to mudflation.

I have some questions and concerns related to the recent changes on the pts surrounding crafting. If you happen to be able to answer these I would appreciate it, if not please point me in the right direction.

*Is it intended that we have to choose ONE out of the SIX available weekly quests each week? As in we can only complete one per week?
    (Mainly I am seeking clarification as previously we could complete all the weeklies available if we had paid to have all the professions on that character. Also if the answer to question two is yes, seems like we are getting a double whammy if we are both have to purchase the recipes and are capped at one quest per week.)

*Do we actually have to PURCHASE the weekly recipes for the weekly crafting quests?
    (Its already a long enough road to getting all the needed and or useful recipes with the current rate of mark acquisition and the caps in place. Forcing us to purchase the individual recipes for each weekly seems an extreme burden. Previously these were temporarily assigned to players as they received the quests each week.)

*Are the current materials cost for the weeklies the planned cost or just placeholders?
    (At the current PTS rates it will require the following for just one weekly quest:

Either of the following -

-Over 300 Platinum worth of materials if purchased with platinum.
    -387 Credit and approximately 10 Platinum in vendor materials if purchasing with mostly credits.
    -90 Grand-Master Craftsman Marks, 390 Master Craftsman Marks, and 930 Artisan Marks as well as approximately 10 Platinum in vendor mats if using marks as a method for the materials.

The return for doing the weeklies hardly seems worth the cost of materials to complete them. I am not sure how many will be in that position, but I am already capped on pa, notoriety, and will have little use for the Fragments of Horror. Leaving only the random Marks award as the only useful payout.

Thanks in advance for any input you can offer on these comments / questions.

<O└d Skool>

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    *Is it intended that we have to choose ONE out of the SIX available weekly quests each week? As in we can only complete one per week?
    You are only allowed to do one weekly per character per week. This is intended.
    *Do we actually have to PURCHASE the weekly recipes for the weekly crafting quests?
    Breaking convention, we would like you to purchase the recipe. Technically, it's only one per character.
    *Are the current materials cost for the weeklies the planned cost or just placeholders?
    They are pretty close to final. You can take a gamble at getting more marks than you put in or you can turn those costs into raid tokens. You're basically trading your time and/or your platinum for raid gear.

Seems like a pretty sweet deal to me.

Breaking convention, we would like you to purchase the recipe. Technically, it's only one per character.

They are pretty close to final. You can take a gamble at getting more marks than you put in or you can turn those costs into raid tokens. You're basically trading your time and/or your platinum for raid gear.

Awesome, thank you for the answers.

This part is kind of what I was assuming if these were intended changes. So I will save my self the trouble and mostly likely not get the weeklies. However it may be worth it for some of my lower geared toons or my other accounts with lower geared toons. At these cost I will just back burner them until I get all the other things I want / need first.
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 04-09-2015 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Speln is r hard :)

<O└d Skool>

Rift Disciple

Default Outfitting weekly

For the outfitting weekly, would it be possible to change it so it requires leather instead of cloth or a mixture of the 2? There is an enormous glut of leather in the game and it would be wonderful if it could be used for something. Right now the only crafting daily that asks for leather is the butchering daily. None of the trades need it, and as it stands, none of the weeklies either.

I really cant express how much I dont like the selection of faction decrees, for a weekly it should be all of them listed. If they change from week to week, I could live with that, but still wont like it.

I believe we should be able to purchase all the recipes for the weeklies while keeping the quest limit to one per week. This way you can randomize which faction decrees are reward from the weekly quest for some added fun. We then select which weekly we do according to which faction we need or want the most. To go one further, put all the faction decree's in a "faction chest" to random which one(s) we get. Dont be boring by having them all the same. On the other hand, if you insist on punishing us with the limited selections, might as well remove them all and leave the Horror Frags.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 04-09-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

When can we expect the update to the Nightmare Scholar quests? Still looking for the Nightmare Realignment Tools
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    When can we expect the update to the Nightmare Scholar quests? Still looking for the Nightmare Realignment Tools
    Are you looking in the right place? You will only see these quests on the Scholars if you have a seal that can be upgraded.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    On the other hand, if you insist on punishing us with the limited selections, might as well remove them all and leave the Horror Frags.
    How additional methods to get specific notoriety as a choice could be a punishment is beyond me. That is one pretty large logical leap you have made.

Default I have a deja vu

Are you looking in the right place? You will only see these quests on the Scholars if you have a seal that can be upgraded.
    I have a seal(intelligence) which requires Nightmare Realignment tools in the next step I looked at the quests at Margle Palace and the Ghar Station(GR) where you find all the Nightmare Scholars and none of them has these as a quest reward(still 10VS and 2 Motes)....I tried to unequip looked at the quests from I to 6 also checked the weekly and I reequiped it and did the same.

I just asked again due to the fact that everything changes only these quests are still buggy like last week or so

Additionally the new NM6 quests are not in the same group as NM1-5 quests(you can only pick one of them) which results in being able to accept both NM 6 dailies and one of the old NM1-5 quests.
    I tested these things again on the 9th April pts version

Edit: And again the question are Tier 2 Raid Essences are coming with Nightmare 6 Rifts or not?
    Last edited by Soulshield; 04-10-2015 at 10:19 AM.

Are they somewhere else than the old Scholars? Cause I can't find the quest either and my seal is ready for the new upgrades. Checked both Ghar Station Mem and Flargle Plaza. If you suddenly placed Scholars somewhere else, that is just confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by dalthium View Post
    How additional methods to get specific notoriety as a choice could be a punishment is beyond me. That is one pretty large logical leap you have made.
    Who said Rift was logical to begin with? some of the stuff on PTS is beyond logic, like the cost of the new 28 slot bags that are still double or triple the cost of empyrean 28 slot bags. I understand there needs to a sink-hole for materials but thats not the way to do it.
    Last edited by Dahbee; 04-11-2015 at 06:59 AM.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #28

The nightmare scholars that offer the daily quests should also offer the weekly.

The nightmare scholars that offer the daily quests should also offer the weekly.
    I found the weekly quest, on the NPC with NM7 on if I remember right. But he only had the weekly for me.

Only new quests on the NIghtmare Scholars are the one from the Nightmare VI Scholar the 2 dailies which both offer the same as the previous dailies: 10VS and 2 Illusory Motes.
    Nightmare VII Scholar just offers the weekly to kill 20 bosses in NM-rifts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast