Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Want to talk about fluff items for patch 3.3? Step inside!

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    Another long standing request is cosmetic hats with hair. While I realize the use of actual characters hair and the collision/head hiding makes this difficult, if the hair was included as part of the hat model itself and made a dyed part it would be a significantly popular item. This would also make certain dye colors far more desirable both for crafting and credits.
    Way back when, in LOTRO, they added a hairstyle to all helms/hats in the game and had it take on the color of the character's hair. I didn't care for the particular hairstyle, but it kept players from looking bald. I know that can't be done in Rift at this point, but maybe adding it to some helms that really need it and to some new helms/hats would be great. Like the hats with attached scarf tied around the head (think Adventurer's or Tricorn Hat), the scarf could be replaced with hair. Maybe a style that is long-ish but not so long as to clip with capes. And it might be cool to see helms/hats available with different hair styles.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

First of all Morticus thanks for all these additions, they are awesome!
    Love all suggestions, just wanted to add , we gonna get crafting companions, why not and a crafting mount? It doesnt have to be a brand new skin. A remodel of squirrel or Kirin, whatever really. Just would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    First of all Morticus thanks for all these additions, they are awesome!
    Love all suggestions, just wanted to add , we gonna get crafting companions, why not and a crafting mount? It doesnt have to be a brand new skin. A remodel of squirrel or Kirin, whatever really. Just would be nice
    That would be neat - a dark green or pale blue ki-rin with a saddle that has crafting-themed bags n bundles....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Soulwalker

Can permanent items (ie. nonconsumables unlike many of the holiday items) like Scotty's Sheeping Wand take an enchant, or be changed to take an enchant?

I bet a type of rune that changes the sort of creature you transform other players into with such items would be pretty popular. They could be permanent, but considering that players might want to switch them around fairly often it might be better to have them expire after a period of time (24h?) or a certain number of uses (3?).

Glowing orbs, huge ogres, the summer holiday beetle, neon pink (or color-changing) cyclones, kittens...all of these, and many more, are things I'd like to be able to transform my fellow raid members into.

I dont know what profession would craft it, maybe split it up to several, but I'd like to be able to change mount saddles and bridles, and armor that can be dye-able on creation time, like adding augments to a recipe, but a dye slot there instead. These would be wardrobe items.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #21

We have no plans to add player crafted mounts to the game at this time, sorry. I think it's a great idea though.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We have no plans to add player crafted mounts to the game at this time, sorry. I think it's a great idea though.
    How about the request above for harnesses and bridles and saddles and saddlebags? Please?
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Quote Originally Posted by AtoningUnifex View Post
    Runes: ~love idea of fluff runes but a few provisos first...

[snip]
    These are great ideas, but far more involved than I have time for at this point yet I do appreciate you taking the time to outline them.

I think for all intents and purposes, this will not be true "runes" in the sense that you click them and then apply them to a slot. They will probably only be similar in icon, way they are crafted and naming. Ostensibly, they'll be one shot items that are consumed on use and do something "cool" for the user.

Last edited by Morticus; 04-01-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Telaran

Maybe you could tie in any rune effects with the new wardrobe? This way the "rune" would be on the skin and not the actual weapon? Just a thought.

I'd love to see more transformation items like the guise of death, different skins that don't break during combat.

Z

Champion of Telara

What if Runecrafting allowed crafting items that change how we see the game world?

In another thread, there were complaints about Tarken Glacier being too blizzard-y around Tau Station before the completion of a quest-chain to the point of disorienting players. Some players said that it gave them an eye strain, whereas others said that it was a very nice and immersive effect. What if there was a runecrafting item that allowed us to see such effects:

- Weather effects: Snowstorm, Sandstorm, Rain...
    - Double/Drunk vision (I don't remember what item it was, sometimes I was seeing everything double. Was it during the drinking daily during the Carnival?)
    - That madness effect during the questline in Throne of the Tyrant in the cave.
    - See everyone naked
    - See everyone with their proper armor and not their wardrobe
    - See everyone as a female dwarf (the shaven ones)
    - Listen to everything as if they've inhaled helium

I don't know if the above are feasible to be done, but they would be nice

What about having runecrafters craft Radiance runes of different colors. Base it off Patron Radiance but, give it an expiration, like being sheeped and, no gold halos, green, blue or, red ones only? Might get that in on short notice and, it would be something for runecrafters to make for fun.

That or a temporary mount glow, just base it off the existing mount glows and make it expire after 30 mins or so. (Same could be done for a character glow using the in a rift creature glow effect as a base.)

Just do some effect based on something already in game to make it faster to get done and, give it an expiration timer. Runes making things glow makes sense, so pick whatever you like for them and we'll be content.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

Telaran

Rune of foretelling: open cosmic portal, have captain c write some fun teaser one liners for it to say.

Rift Disciple

- Chest rune: various colors of the wings from the high elf fly ability / the power-up spheres in Codex
    - Glove/feet rune?: various colors of the trails that come from some abilities like Side Steps in Bladedancer

Also, along with people wanting other colors of the glowing eyes from Inquisitor's Spiritual Scrutiny, it would be nice to be able to turn the glow off even when the buff is active.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the feedback! We'll definitely keep these ideas in mind moving forward, in the meantime I'll lock this thread.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2