Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Nightmare Ichor recipe cost

jfk
    Rift Disciple

Default Nightmare Ichor recipe cost

Is it supposed to cost 75/1000/250 marks? All the other blue, no cooldown amenders were lowered to 10/90/35.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

Apothecary really doesn't have much to spend their marks on, but I'll chat with Vladd about it.
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

jfk
    Rift Disciple

They do now, same as everybody else, no?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Is it supposed to cost 75/1000/250 marks? All the other blue, no cooldown amenders were lowered to 10/90/35.
    This and Faint Dreams should be 10/90/35 like the others. We'll get the price changed and up on live next Wednesday.

jfk
    Rift Disciple

Terrific. Thanks.

Soulwalker

great!!

now i want to be reimbursed please. i just bought that recipe today. you just cant mess arround
    with this AGAIN after we got screwed on all the rest of the amenders.

Rift Disciple

What about those that already bought it for the incorrect price? Since you said it was a mistake, will we get a refund on our marks?

Rift Master

In another posting, the Devs stated we can ask a GM/Customer Service to reimburse us. In the case of the Ichor, hopefully everybody understand that the Ichor has already been bought and used in first tier of the item. I'm going to personally submit my request now for the refund.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

I'm sorry to say that we will not be fulfilling refund requests for the price differential on Nightmare Ichor and Faint Dreams.

Plane Touched

yet another black mark on your customer service not helping people out when you really should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    I'm sorry to say that we will not be fulfilling refund requests for the price differential on Nightmare Ichor and Faint Dreams.
    I purchased this recipe mere hours before this notice, as did I'm sure many other players. It seems like notification of a change like this within 24 hours of release of the patch ought to result in refunds.
    Last edited by Shattered; 02-19-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

I'm sorry, but that's a little bit absurd. The pricing was incorrect, and the differential is days of progress lost, as crafting marks/currencies are currently the most gated content in the game. I sincerely think it would be the best solution to reimburse people who bought the wrongly priced recipes. It's a little unfair to penalize people of those professions.

Until there's a better and less gated way to gain marks, reimbursement should absolutely happen in cases such as mis-pricing, which are out of the players' control.

Shadowlander

That's weak man, the players shouldn't be paying for what is yet another failure to do QA.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

While I have no control over refunds, you can blame me for this error in the pricing as I was the one trying to get this out the door much faster than normal. No need to point the finger at QA.

Rest assured, this is far from the norm and will not be happening again.

Apologies to the early adopters that paid a higher price for the same thing.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Default Every Mark Counts-Apothecary

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Apothecary really doesn't have much to spend their marks on, but I'll chat with Vladd about it.
    Dear Mort,
    Beg to disagree:

One Strands of Arak* = 30GM/310 Art./130MM

(a) required for each 4 of 4 new items in the "Materials" category) (1)

(b) 7 are required for Mage -Twisted NM Fractal [Lvl. 65 Trinket] - from basic to fully upgraded. (2)
    For example, the mage trinket fully upgraded will include - 7 Strands of Arak:
    Crafting marks: 210GM / 2,170 Art / 910 MM.

I respectfully disagree, we have PLENTY to spend our marks on. Please reconsider some type of refund; the marks are hard earned, if not, please do not reduce the amount we can earn going forward. Our crafting mark piggybanks have already taken a large hit - especially those of us that purchased recipes that were incorrectly priced.

(1) Materials used for upgrades in usage order:
    NM Ichor, NM solution, NM Distillate, NM Amalgamation

(2) One strand to create the basic trinket, (NM Ichor), then 3 upgrades using the rest of the materials above plus 3 more Strands of Arak -for the final upgrade.

Every mark counts,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nightmare Ichor recipe cost-carrott.jpg  

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast