+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Artificer Earring Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #31

I saw your other post on this. I'll be investigating this on Monday, thanks!

Prophet of Telara

No Augments allowed on the pre-NT level earrings?

And probably related to the names thing, but the Earrings list themselves in a strange order in the crafting list,w ith recipes for lower levelled earrings sometimes appearing above those for higher level ones.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #33

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    No Augments allowed on the pre-NT level earrings?
    Augments are no longer supported.

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    And probably related to the names thing, but the Earrings list themselves in a strange order in the crafting list,w ith recipes for lower levelled earrings sometimes appearing above those for higher level ones.
    This might be related to the skill bug I'm going to investigate tomorrow, since recipes are sorted by skill. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Just for comparison on Tank Earrings

Phenomenal Thalcrystal Stone (Warrior) End 172 Guard 83
    Phenomenal Thalcrystal Earring (Mage End 187 Dodge 69
    Phenomenal Thalcrystal Loop (Rogue) End 192 Block 137
    Phenomenal Thalcrystal Hoop (Cleric) End 146 Block 188
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I think the new earrings have the right stats, just the names got borked during creation.
    Sorry, did I read that right, Morticus? Are you saying you consider it acceptable for there to be a variance of 41END between the crafted earrings for different classes?

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35

The stats were never meant to be exact mirrors of each other nor BiS. Maybe there is a better earring in the game for you?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Edit: My mistake, I was thinking of the trinkets. Let me check the stat values again. Stay tuned!
    Last edited by Morticus; 02-15-2015 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Oops!

Telaran

Mort you said augments were no longer supported, but the trinkets allow you to add augments and they increase the stats. Is this a bug or are augments allowed?

But when you go to upgrade it the item drops the augmented stats and does a direct upgrade?
    Last edited by Shankapotamus; 02-16-2015 at 09:13 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Sorry, did I read that right, Morticus? Are you saying you consider it acceptable for there to be a variance of 41END between the crafted earrings for different classes?
    I just checked what's about to go live on Wednesday.

It's a differential of 20 Endurance between the earring with the highest and lowest Endurance.

Remember though, items are typically created with "ideal" stats in mind, not "how can I min/max this item for a character". So you'll often find some stats on items to have trade-offs versus other stats on that same item. We really want to allow players to have to make a choice when looking for items to keep things interesting. BiS really gets old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shankapotamus View Post
    Mort you said augments were no longer supported, but the trinkets allow you to add augments and they increase the stats. Is this a bug or are augments allowed?
    Bug.
    But when you go to upgrade it the item drops the augmented stats and does a direct upgrade?
    You should no longer be able to add augments to either trinkets or earrings. Anything else legacy will remain untouched. New items going forward will not support the antiquated Augment System. Sorry!
    Last edited by Morticus; 02-16-2015 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Typo

It's a differential of 20 Endurance between the earring with the highest and lowest Endurance.

Remember though, items are typically created with "ideal" stats in mind, not "how can I min/max this item for a character". So you'll often find some stats on items to have trade-offs versus other stats on that same item. We really want to allow players to have to made a choice when looking for items to keep things interesting. BiS really gets old fast.
    The issue here isn't that the earrings need to be BiS, it's that there's no consistency between how good they are for different callings.

And the idea that there's some kind of trade-off for having lower endurance doesn't really fly. You could add 300 dodge or block to an item that had 20 less endurance, and it would still be worse, because block and dodge are completely useless to tanks (and have been like that for years). Endurance, armor, resistance, and guard are the only stats that tanks care about.

Remember though, items are typically created with "ideal" stats in mind, not "how can I min/max this item for a character". So you'll often find some stats on items to have trade-offs versus other stats on that same item. We really want to allow players to have to made a choice when looking for items to keep things interesting. BiS really gets old fast.
    192 - 146 = 46. Much more than 20. DPS/Healing Cleric always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to Endurance. It's the same for Cleric tank then?
    Last edited by Shattered; 02-16-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    192 - 146 = 46. Much more than 20. DPS/Healing Cleric always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to Endurance. It's the same for Cleric tank then?
    From what the DEV posted, I'd guess that the numbers for what will go live are NOT the same as have been quoted in this thread.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #42

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    From what the DEV posted, I'd guess that the numbers for what will go live are NOT the same as have been quoted in this thread.
    +1

10chars

Telaran

Are you planning to push the changes to PTS before the Live patch. I would like to run thru some of the recipes to check for bugs. BTW it would be nice to have a PTS buffer bot that sold all the crafting marks and supplies for a silver so we could test everything. Use to be something like that in the secret Golem Foundry dungeon for gear.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #44

Are you planning to push the changes to PTS before the Live patch. I would like to run thru some of the recipes to check for bugs. BTW it would be nice to have a PTS buffer bot that sold all the crafting marks and supplies for a silver so we could test everything. Use to be something like that in the secret Golem Foundry dungeon for gear.
    Next time, absolutely. There were a few scheduling changes that made it impossible this time around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3