+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Gdad
  • 1 Post By snazzy
  • 1 Post By Morticus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting in 3.0 is sad

Shadowlander

Default Crafting in 3.0 is sad

I have all 5 of my characters up to 450 crafting in their respective specialties...and it's nigh on worthless. There are so few items, some of the mats are unbelieveably expensive or unavailable. game items are better....the list goes on and on.

Crafting was obviously intended ONLY to be a way to drain resources from the economy. for the most part there is little reason to make anything.

Sad...very...very...sad

Champion

May be only a few items, but they are not the worst. And amenders, orbs, vials and stuff will be needed always.

Personally I like it that there aren't again tons of different new ores, hides, plants and wood to farm but to craft out of only 3 different mats. And about prices: The costs increased at all times related to the rarity of mats.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Telaran

Default Trion's fault

I've had stick off people for putting down NT. what Trion have done to the mats and so on in RIFT is a disgrace. I am being told 3.1 is going to address some of this, we will see. I'm about done with this game. I don't raid, I like to farm and buy stuff and make plat for all my chars, but TRION killed all that.

Shadowlander

My Runecrafting toon only does that. I send drops to it to break for stars but the daily's require 4 stars plus other mats. that makes doing the daily FAR...FAR more expensive than any other crafting skill. That make RC hardly worth the effort.

In the end, the stuff I can make at 450 in the various crafting skills is of such little value its mostly to burn plat and waste time.

Rift Disciple

Default You mean sadder

Before the crafting dailies were more rewarding than now
    But even in SL some crafted armor and gear were useless to sell

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

You guys see my stickied post in this forum?

Plane Walker

I made a ton of PP the first 3 weeks of the expansion, but it was very obvious that prices would tank super quickly and then it would be worthless. I've made hardly anything since then outside of Apothecary and Survival stuff. Also a few amenders.

this theme proves again - so many players think inside box. player have runecrafting and whine about some, few carpi stars! instead he would earn hundreds of plat per day, he sits on gold mine and whines about how exp.ensive is bus ticked to his mine.
    instead of runebreak and sell for hundreds, hundreds and hundreds of capri stars, sell 1tier, 2nd tier, top runes... he have no idea how earn money in so simple situation, having best profession in his pocket.
    and that is only one example.
    people expect they craft almost anything that cost them nothing and will put into auction house and... voila, they are rich. no. that wont happen. pay attention what is going on your shards. its so simple, it was simple, it is simple.

about crafting in general.

yes. it was made with pupose like this. as for dedicated crafter, for me all that situation with recipes is very sad. such boring unification is. just, sad.
    Last edited by Lallajulia; 02-03-2015 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
    In the end, the stuff I can make at 450 in the various crafting skills is of such little value its mostly to burn plat and waste time.
    I cant make savant dream orbs fast enough the way they sell on AH. And it only costs me half an hour running around collecting artifacts to make a batch.
    My runecrafter is only at 360 yet she made about 50 plat selling dimension items (open book) just over this weekend. Covers up all her needs (she is just 48 and my 3rd alt). You cant just craft, you have to check AH and see what sells too.

Rift Disciple

Default Clearly we do

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    You guys see my stickied post in this forum?
    At least i see it, and as usual few answer from dev team or anyone related to them

I dont understand why remove the SL crafting dailies mechanics, it was fine, it did gives you good plat, good crafting currency and a good lockbox (way different than las vegas lockboxes in rift store) the only that needed an improvement was crafting rifts

Champion of Telara Silverangel69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gdad View Post
    My Runecrafting toon only does that. I send drops to it to break for stars but the daily's require 4 stars plus other mats. that makes doing the daily FAR...FAR more expensive than any other crafting skill. That make RC hardly worth the effort.
    Agree with this. I did it for a while, then started skipping it every time I do crafting quests. Otherwise, no complaints especially with the update coming. Earrings are really needed unless Trion is making them hard to get on purpose, like trinkets.
    Last edited by Silverangel69; 02-06-2015 at 07:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread