+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 7 Post By Gingers
  • 1 Post By Gingers
  • 1 Post By Ernbrecht
  • 1 Post By Alerius

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tips & Tricks in the Crafting UI & Bag Search

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Tips & Tricks in the Crafting UI & Bag Search

MrScary and I have been working on a quality of life change for the crafting UI (more info on that another day) but he noticed in the code that there are some little known search features that we wanted to pass along.

Crafting UI: When using the text search box in the lower left, it works for all of these:
    • Rune Stats: I want to make a rune that has Strength, I can just search for Strength and all the strength runes will show up.
    • Recipe Name: Just type in part or all of the recipe name.
    • Ingredient: For example, I have a "Coruscating Ethereal Shard" but have no idea what recipe's it's used in, I can type that name into the search box and it will show me all of my recipes that require that ingredient (for that profession).
    • Slot Name: For example, my friend just started playing and I want to craft her a belt, I can search for "belt".

Bag Search: Use the search bags button in the HUD or type Ctrl+F.
    • Dimension Items: Find all dimension items in your bags by searching for /d or /dimension.
    • Artifacts: Find all artifacts in your bags by searching for /a or /artifact.
    • Quest Items: Find all quest items in your bags by searching for /q or /quest.
    • Sellable Junk Items: Find all sellable junk items in your bags by searching for /s or /sellable.
    • Material Type: You can search by plate, chain, leather, cloth, or costume.
    • Soulbound: If you want to find all the soulbound items in your bags just search for "soulbound".
    • Bind on Use: If you want to find all the bind on use items in your bags just search for "bind on use".
    • Bind on Equip: If you want to find all bind on equip items in your bags just search for "bind on equip".
    • Slot: Find items by slot such as chest, legs etc.
    • Item Name: Search by all or part of an item name.
    Last edited by Gingers; 02-06-2017 at 05:14 PM.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Bag Search: Use the search bags button in the HUD or type Ctrl+F.
    • Artifacts: Find all artifacts in your bags by searching for /a or /artifact.
    Wow thank you so much to both of you lots of nifty things! The artifacts one is HUGE! Just curious - can dimension items get the same treatment: /d /dimension and white labeled costume wardrobe pieces given a Type also to type in: /costume?
    Last edited by Kiwi; 12-10-2014 at 01:14 PM.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Wow thank you so much to both of you lots of nifty things! The artifacts one is HUGE! Just curious - can dimension items get the same treatment: /d /dimension and white labeled costume wardrobe pieces given a Type also to type in: /costume?
    The dimension item filter would definitely be useful, it's already on our to-do list for the future.

Turns out you can already search for costume items, it also counts as a material type (I've updated the original post to include this). Just type costume when searching your bags and all your white costume items will display.
    Last edited by Gingers; 12-10-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

The dimension item filter would definitely be useful, it's already on our to-do list for the future.

Turns out you can already search for costume items, it also counts as a material type (I've updated the original post to include this). Just type costume when searching your bags and all your white costume items will display.
    Thanks so much, appreciate.

Crafting UI: When using the text search box in the lower left, it works for all of these:
    • Rune Stats: I want to make a rune that has Strength, I can just search for Strength and all the strength runes will show up.
    • Recipe Name: Just type in part or all of the recipe name.
    • Ingredient: For example, I have a "Coruscating Ethereal Shard" but have no idea what recipe's it's used in, I can type that name into the search box and it will show me all of my recipes that require that ingredient (for that profession).
    • Slot Name: For example, my friend just started playing and I want to craft her a belt, I can search for "belt".
    While this is generally a nice feature, it can also lead to some confusion. For example, say I want to craft a rune for the new ring I just got and so I search for "ring". This will not only list all runes that can be put on a ring, but also all that have Wandering Stars as an ingredient (which kinda is a non-issue since that stuff is obsolete), but also Unwavering and Unblurring runes, which go on chest or legs.
    "I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"
    -- Hoban Washburn

Ascendant

Thanks for the explanation Gingers - gosh I must be an addict to know these things

Soulwalker

Default Search Crafting by Level Range?

• Rune Stats:
    But still no search by level? I want to make some chain armour for a level 44 cleric, or a new weapon for 50 warrior. No way to search for a level range. Or at least none I've found. Nor have I been able to find an appropriate add-on. Am I really the only person that wants this?

/artifact works in my bags, but not the guild vaults.

Ignore this.

It works.
    Last edited by Fraxinus; 04-17-2016 at 09:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread