+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Question Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Howdy folks!

Just a quick note to let you know I'm getting much more involved with crafting and that's a good thing. Most of my work on RIFT here at Trion has been on the content side with pre-release, Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide but I'm very excited to get back into doing some systems related work! I have experience with content, crafting and itemization on STO, CO and EQII so I'm pretty stoked to bring my skills to the crafting side of RIFT.

I'd love to hear what some of the biggest issues are regarding the current state of crafting and how we can work together to come up with realistic solutions to address them. Before we get into people lodging their concerns however, here is a list of what's in store regarding crafting and what I'm working on/plan on addressing:
    • More ways to remove raw crafting materials from the economy, and add to their value
    • More things to buy with Crafting marks, especially for Apothecaries
    • A new bag for Outfitters to Craft
    • New Earring recipes for Artificers
    • Increase the Tiers of upgrades for Crafted gear to Expert Epic quality
    • Bringing back the fun fishing derbies and adding them to Nightmare Tide

So, what else?

-Mort
    Last edited by Morticus; 06-01-2015 at 03:01 PM.

I'd like to see the higher end rune recipes consolidated, so that you don't have to craft five things just to make one high-end rune. I don't see any reason that the high-end recipes couldn't just be directly crafted instead of needing you to make a base rune, an amender, then the intermediate rune, then an advanced amender, and finally the rune that you actually want.

A DPS/heal staff for Clerics. Right now there's 3 crafted staves and they are all intelligence heavy.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Ascendant

I hope this is 'good news', I've got several crafters and yes, it feels like they didn't get much love with 3.0.

I do think Muspel has a point, or maybe you can explain better what the thought was around this new way of 'upgrading'? I've also heard people (also on these forums) about the ... 30? or something upgrades for a seal that now are needed (but I think that doesn't have to do with crafting)...

*walks off pondering about constructive feedback*

Last edited by Faerugue; 12-09-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Also, the amount of Void Accelerators required for advanced amender upgrades for the crafted items are ridiculously expensive. Needing to spend over 40k void stones to get an item that's only par with expert gear is kind of absurd. They should instead require large amounts of base crafting materials and only a couple of Void Accelerators, so that there's more of a sink for things like Diaphanous Cloth.

Ascendant

I created a post today about this topic, but maybe I should add it here: what's the state of low level crafters? In SL their access was changed in the way that they could reach TB and the turn-in NPCs were copied to TB so they could turn in their quests. Now in NT only the (grandmaster) NPCs also can train the Savant part, but once you're 376 in any craft you can't do any dailies for any of the professions....

chests with random mats like the old dailies would be nice aswell

http://tinyurl.com/RaremobsSL < Almost complete SL rare list.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Also, the amount of Void Accelerators required for advanced amender upgrades for the crafted items are ridiculously expensive. Needing to spend over 40k void stones to get an item that's only par with expert gear is kind of absurd. They should instead require large amounts of base crafting materials and only a couple of Void Accelerators, so that there's more of a sink for things like Diaphanous Cloth.
    They probably want you to run the experts to get the gear instead of upgrading those, but provide another upgrade path if you really want to grind that (without experts ... ).

Plane Touched

Rank 1 Diamond Thanos League crafter here.

Will get right to it, the biggest QoL change you could make to crafting is progressive crafting, what that means is as you craft a whole bunch of items the cast time per craft should get progressively faster. So it would go 4seconds >reduction of cast time by something like 0.01second per craft> so after 10 items is made the cast time would be 3 seconds per craft and so on. Other MMO's have this and it is very very nice to craft this way in bulk (Guild wars 2 ect)

You would be surprised what this would do for crafting enjoyment but also it would help massively to keep the cost of materials at a decent amount because people like myself who buy over 15K ore/bars, 15K cloth, 15K leather would be able to convert those into something useful while keeping cost of things (cloth @ 45silver anyone?) sensible.

To add to the above after crafting 1 item mostly in tempest bay I get a massive lag animation type thing at the end of a craft cast. This happens during non peak times. Ofc I can go to sanctum and not get this lag, that lag adds up and slows down crafting a ton.

Make crafting Regents a short cut to the store, so you need say x1 Crustacean Oil we should be able to right click that in the crafting UI and send us directly the RIft Store to buy those with speed.

I would also love some exchange vendor to be added to the game, this vendor should have mats for sale but at a cost crafting marks. With for example nightmare stars being the most important mat on offer, set up some logical prices to cost x amount of Artisan's Marks to exchange for Nightmare Star, Dream Ribbons and anything else you can think of that would add a reason to continue to do dailies for the sole purpose of turning craft marks into useable mats that are very time consuming to get or expensive.

Oven is beeping, will add some more suggestions when I have time.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I'd like to see the higher end rune recipes consolidated, so that you don't have to craft five things just to make one high-end rune. I don't see any reason that the high-end recipes couldn't just be directly crafted instead of needing you to make a base rune, an amender, then the intermediate rune, then an advanced amender, and finally the rune that you actually want.
    I forgot to add that to the list, thank you for the reminder. It's on my radar for sure. I was talking with Josh York about a few ways to address this. While I can't commit to specifics or a timetable just yet, I want you to know that we are thinking about it.

Thank you for the suggestions on how to approach this.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    [*]More ways to remove raw crafting materials from the economy, and add to their value
    Incorporate crafting materials into upgrades for gear more, not just through amenders. 17 void stones for a neck upgrade that's 10+ int more than the base crafted one is a waste.
    Androgena <GraySkull@Wolfsbane> R.I.P <Crayons>

Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    They probably want you to run the experts to get the gear instead of upgrading those, but provide another upgrade path if you really want to grind that (without experts ... ).
    The problem is that the crafted upgrades are always, always the wrong answer. Just doing the weekly quests will get you expert gear faster than grinding out that many void stones. Hell, I'm pretty sure it'd be more efficient to buy planar dust with those void stones, sell the dust, use the plat to buy REX, and use those credits to directly buy expert gear.

Also, even if you could easily craft expert-tier gear, the expert gear would still be better because a lot of it can be further upgraded to epic, which the crafted gear cannot.
    Last edited by Muspel; 12-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.

Sword of Telara

Perhaps some way to craft the accelerators...

Crafting rift lures... Maybe. I admit I rarely opened any, and it was mostly to gain marks, which I now have more than I need since there are no more recipes to buy.

An easier way /direct link to buy the crafting reagents.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    [LIST][*]More ways to remove raw crafting materials from the economy, and add to their value

So, what else?

-Mort
    We should have a way to salvage items to get nightmare stars and it should be from items that get crafted with nightmare materials (not with storm legion mats as is the case atm), if you added that leather and cloth would not cost 2 gold each or less and would be highly sort after so people could make more best in slot runes with ease. Ofc the easiest way to achieve that would be turning all the upgraded gear to 'epic' and have epic crafted upgrade gear yield > nightmare star on runebreaking. If you can't bring yourselfs to do this then maybe just making the seals epic and runebroken to nightmare stars. Since the seals are never replaced by any raiding content only upgraded to a tiny stat boost.

Loving the list of things that are being address, Mort! To add my own two cents as an uber-crafter, I feel strongly that all of the new craftables in NT need to have their vendor values increased. It's simply nonsensical for an item that requires several platinum worth of vendor reagents (inelastic thread, teal wax, etc) to craft to have an end value of only 1 silver. All of the Storm Legion craftables have vendor values that are on par with the combined mat + reagent value, but the NT crafted goods are worthless to vendor in comparison.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast