+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

General of Telara

it's very simple with crafting and making profit from it, it's easy to get to max it, easy get recipes, so lot of ppl have them, that makes insane competition, which kill prices, if you want profit, then they should make something really hard to earn recipe with lot grind, or very rare material, in other words, to make very low competition, but then again, very few will benefit from it only, like it was with relic capes in SL

Soulwalker

Default A quick question about savant dailies

They're available in TB now but they don't give any supply bags, only quite a lot of marks. Are savants supposed to buy those bags with marks from specialty goods merchant or I am missing something?

Also why not let all crafting dailies to be retroactively available even if you outlevel them from some kind of separate NPC menu? They count toward daily mission limit anyway, would drain quite a bit of mats out of the game and some extra exp, gold and notoriety wouldn't hurt either.

All you get is the choice of marks. There's no reason to buy the packages from the previous craft vendor whatever her name is - they only contain lower level mats. You use the savant crafting to get the marks to buy the (very expensive....) recipes....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    With this changes to Strands of Draum/Arak you've reveresed in one go all the positive changes concerning use of crafting marks and ways to remove materials from game and not make them worthless.

Now nothing requires crafting marks anymore (once you've got the recipes you want) and this makes crafting dailies obsolete once more which in turn brings back the mass amounts of materials and making them worthless.

When its starting to look good and you're going in a right direction for once you make a silly change that completely destroys everything, nice...
    As a completionist, all of the recipes I *want* means all of the recipes. I did the math today, and if I do all of my dailies every day, I should have all of the new recipes (Outfitter, Armorsmith, Butcher, & Fishing on my main) in a little over 2.5 YEARS.

That said, I agree that there should be something to do with the marks beyond recipes. Maybe then they wouldn't feel the need to make the grind towards having all of the recipes so long.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by lozerette View Post
    As a completionist, all of the recipes I *want* means all of the recipes. I did the math today, and if I do all of my dailies every day, I should have all of the new recipes (Outfitter, Armorsmith, Butcher, & Fishing on my main) in a little over 2.5 YEARS.

That said, I agree that there should be something to do with the marks beyond recipes. Maybe then they wouldn't feel the need to make the grind towards having all of the recipes so long.
    fishing boxes gives marks, thats way to shorten that 2,5 years

Unhappy Planar Crafting....

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We want people to get excited and feel good about upgrading their gear. It shouldn't be a kick in the pants.

With that said Morticus, I wish to bring up the cost for the planar crafting. Requiring a major Imperishable to make then another major Imperishable to upgrade is out of my reach as a crafter. I can't afford one to make an item to sell. Once the item is upgraded it becomes bind on pickup which is as it should be.

Because the recipes call for a major Imperishable to just make the base item, it then becomes impossible for me as a crafter to make these in order to sell them. Due to the uniqueness of these major Imperishables I feel they should be more easily obtainable.

I just feel that requiring a major to upgrade these is sufficient and should be left to the player that upgrades the item. The crafter should not have to carry the added difficulty of trying to obtain any just to make an item to sell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24 30 31 32 33 34