+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Only upgrading crafted gear is neither cheap nor easy and not all of us have all day long to hop around looking for events. Its actually easier to run a few NTEs, and much more affordable time wise.

So if the crafted gear is there to fill the void, what is the point of overpriced upgrades for it?
    Guess we'll agree to disagree - I think it's very easy to obtain. Any level 60+ player can do it. Quick? No. Easy? Yes.

Again though, you shouldn't be trying to craft and upgrade EVERY piece. Yes, that'll take forever. But upgrading a few pieces really isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Fishing Rod should so be able to be used as wardrobe...
    Killing Bahmis with a pink fishing rod would be spectacular.
    THIS!!!!!

(also add particle effects)
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

Plane Touched

Default When are the new reduced-mats recipes migrating from PTS to Live?

Vladd posted about two weeks back that it was going to be about one week's evaluation. Should we see it in the 5/13 patch? It's not in the Patch Notes. If not 5/13, then when?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    Fishing Rod should so be able to be used as wardrobe...
    Killing Bahmis with a pink fishing rod would be spectacular.
    Isn't there a summerfest weapon fishing rod?
    I may be mistaken but I was sure one of the world events had a fishing rod weapon available.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    Since crafted gear is, by design, the weakest level of gear it should be the easiest and cheapest to obtain and upgrade. If doesn't have synergy so it is automatically weaker in those slots.
    To follow up on this topic, why do the basic blue amenders require such costly ingredients? I can only speak from an armorsmith's perspective, but when I hit 450 and started looking into replacing my chronicle greens with crafted blues, I was shocked. Spend 40-50p worth of rare mats to make 2nd-worst-in-slot gear? Seriously? You've got to be kidding me. And expressing in units of plat is correct, since attainium in particular is extremely slow to acquire. I've been back to the game for two months and have 14 attainium - so I could replace three of my greens out of my own mat stock. And that would leave my rogue with no ability to craft any armor pieces without purchasing the mats, once he hits level 65 and outfitter 450.

Why aren't all armor pieces like the helm and cloak, just normal recipes with normal mats? You hit 450, you craft yourself some slightly-less-terrible gear, and move along. Gear that requires expensive mats should actually be somewhat decent. Not sure why anyone would take armorsmithing past 400 or so - just buy the helm and cloak off the AH and you come out way ahead of all the mats and platsink dust/stone you'd have used to craft up to 450 to make it yourself.

It's impressive that Rift's NT crafting tier manages to make GW2's ascended crafting look pretty reasonable by comparison.

Soulwalker

Default Gathering toons and marks

Patch #8 royally screwed up gatherers.

My main gatherer has all 3 gathering skills plus fishing/survival & runecrafting for breaking junk items. Now I have no reason to continue doing dailies anymore as I have nothing to spend the marks on.

Rift Disciple

Default maybe a place to keep our harvests so all of our toons can access them?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Howdy folks!

Just a quick note to let you know I'm getting much more involved with crafting and that's a good thing. Most of my work on RIFT here at Trion has been on the content side with pre-release, Storm Legion and Nightmare Tide but I'm very excited to get back into doing some systems related work! I have experience with content, crafting and itemization on STO, CO and EQII so I'm pretty stoked to bring my skills to the crafting side of RIFT.

I'd love to hear what some of the biggest issues are regarding the current state of crafting and how we can work together to come up with realistic solutions to address them. Before we get into people lodging their concerns however, here is a list of what's in store regarding crafting and what I'm working on/plan on addressing:
    • More ways to remove raw crafting materials from the economy, and add to their value
    • More things to buy with Crafting marks, especially for Apothecaries
    • A new bag for Outfitters to Craft
    • New Earring recipes for Artificers
    • Increase the Tiers of upgrades for Crafted gear to Expert Epic quality
    • Bringing back the fun fishing derbies and adding them to Nightmare Tide

So, what else?

-Mort
    lack of shared banking has it's drawbacks. if you crafted in eq2 you know that the greatest things they gave us there was a harvest depot and a fuel depot. when we craft, we often do so on our alts, not just on our main. having to mail off items to our alts so they can craft is a drag and it is time consuming to move stuff between them. i use a mule, but that means an alt on another account who doesn't get to play because she is holding all of the fish or all of the crafting mats.

a depot or even a shared bank where harvests and crafting mats can be shared between toons on the same account would be great.

Rift Master

With this changes to Strands of Draum/Arak you've reveresed in one go all the positive changes concerning use of crafting marks and ways to remove materials from game and not make them worthless.

Now nothing requires crafting marks anymore (once you've got the recipes you want) and this makes crafting dailies obsolete once more which in turn brings back the mass amounts of materials and making them worthless.

When its starting to look good and you're going in a right direction for once you make a silly change that completely destroys everything, nice...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    With this changes to Strands of Draum/Arak you've reveresed in one go all the positive changes concerning use of crafting marks and ways to remove materials from game and not make them worthless.

Now nothing requires crafting marks anymore (once you've got the recipes you want) and this makes crafting dailies obsolete once more which in turn brings back the mass amounts of materials and making them worthless.

When its starting to look good and you're going in a right direction for once you make a silly change that completely destroys everything, nice...
    Agreed. They had a system that worked well for nearly everyone, broke it, knee-jerk "fixed" it and broke it again for ridding us of surplus crafting marks.

This really saddens me (monetization aside).

I found that the RIFT profession system is lacking when compared to other games in the genre. The biggest issue I find is that there is little or no value added to crafted items, when you go to try to sell a crafted item it is very likely you will see items at auction for prices less than the cost of mats ...which really doesn't make sense to me. It could have to do with the fact that most of the craftables are heavily linked to gold sinks (crafting mats from RIFT store that cost too much) so this could lead to less wiggled room for profits, not only this but raising overall cost to produce items. Many craftables are worthless because you can get better gear or items from drops. I really think all these gated upgrades and gold sinks ruin professions. Even when you can make profits from craftables its likely to be small amount. Then we can add in the auction house listing fees and selling fees are very high. So basically now we have a few amount of players corning market on crafted items, probably they found a super secret way to get raw materials for really cheap (still doesn't explain why they dont just sell the raw materials instead).
    It would just be nice to be able to craft something and sell it and make some extra plat. I am not really sure how to fix the issue, I just know its very frustrating to the majority of us players.(maybe lower ah fees, reduce gold sinks in crafting and make crafted items more valuable by just making it more appealing to players with better stats ect). I know the people who actually corner the market (which are the minority) will disagree with me because its in their interest to keep the status quo.
    Its really sad though, when a new player asks me for help on what professions to get. I basically tell them if they want to get started in the game get max level and get some gathering profession, farm mats and sell them. Simply because crafting professions are a big gold and time sink with little return on investment. Why even bother getting them when you can buy already made things for super cheap on the auction?

I would love to see crafting tied into raiding -> E.g. Mechanical bosses mined for a rare ore, or skinned for leather, and so on

id like more rare drop recipes and raid dropped recipes, the rare capes in SL were a good example

BoP gear from Recipes add a significant element to crafting, I assume this isn't done currently because some would view it as P2W, so maybe make it a BoP set bonus that only needs 3 tradeskills...? then the only thing more tradeskills do is give you a selection

Soulwalker

Default Weekly Crafting Planar Lure Quest

So I picked up the crafting weekly for the planar lure on my main and completed it. I then swapped to my alt to do it as well, who is a max, Apothecary, Runecrafter, Survivalist and Butcher. I was surprised to see that it wasn't available. I logged to another alt who is a max Artificer, Runecrafter, Outfitter, Survivalist. I figured out the issue is that the quest is not available to Runecrafters, Apothecaries, Butchers and Survivalists. Is this a bug? I can get the issue with the harvesting skills versus the actual tradeskill professions, but this is pretty jacked up if it is an intentional decision to not allow Apothecaries to do the weekly lure. Thanks.

Moved to the 3.3 Sticky - Apologies
    Last edited by Fawwne; 07-15-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Default Love

I know you said there was love coming for Apothecaries, but wow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting-game-ca.jpg  

are planer ingredients dropping??? I have so far done 2 planar rifts & checked the auction house, but in neither case did I see any planar mats.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

Quote Originally Posted by Maril View Post
    id like more rare drop recipes and raid dropped recipes, the rare capes in SL were a good example
    sl relic capes were a HORRIBLE idea.

only a small number of people actually had the recipe, and they benefitted ENORMOUSLY from it. it was the dumbest idea to lock something like a bis crafted item behind a stupid rng expert loot and doubly so to give it a 20 hour cooldown.

those relic capes almost made me quit the damned game.

so much farming.... they were worth almost 3-4 rex at that time, and the recipes themselves went for 19-20k on AH.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast