+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Thumbs down cost increase

So costs have increased since yesterday with no increase in rewards. I for one would like to know why that change was made? Is this the "adjustment due to server supply"? If so this seems like a very lazy and unimaginative way to implement a mat sink (not to mention the additional plat cost on some of the new quests also). Please don't hide behind the "new quests for variety" excuse to add plat/mat sinks into the game.

Give us something fun or cool to spend these mats on instead of chalking it up to virtual inflation.

Hat of the week for 500 of each base mat or something like that. It would fit with the new wardrobe fun as well.

The costs are small taken singularly but over time this adds up to a loss of fun.
    <Imagine Sweet Sig Here>

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #437

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy69x View Post
    Hat of the week for 500 of each base mat or something like that. It would fit with the new wardrobe fun as well.
    We can do that.

Costs went down on recipes too, did you notice those?
    Last edited by Morticus; 04-15-2015 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We can do that.

please tell me which recipes you are talking about?

the fishing one that has foraging mats added in along with 2 plat of vendor mats?
    the survival one that has a foraging ingredients & no meat or fish, and also with expensive vendor mats?

If your talking about that 28 slot Nightmare Tide bag the ingredients were ludicrous to start with and it's still way more cost effective to make Empyrean Bags.

NT crafting dailys are NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE! you LOOSE plat every time you do one, and the items you are buying with those crafting marks barely sell, and after you factor in the cost of ingredients, your profits are minimal at best.

I've been crafting in MMO's since 1998. Right now I am not participating in anything that cost marks, because quite frankly I feel like I am being shook down for plat every time a new recipe is released. This is the FIRST time in 17 years I have felt that way.

I honestly am not trying to sound like a troll or like I am whining over the costs, but honestly, the grifting of the crafting community is getting ridiculous. Also, I do not know what you have on the whiteboard out there, or what hoops you have to jump through yourself, so I may be unfair in what I am saying, but all I can do is say things from what I observe, and what I see is quite frankly making me sick.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

Rift Chaser

We can do that.

Survival yesterday: 2 plat + 4 brisket + 4 mepho.
    total cost from AH: 2.32 plat

Survival today: 2 plat + 12 sarleaf.
    total cost from AH: 11.48 plat

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

We can do that.

Ummm . . . no I didn't. The costs on the dailies went up, for quite a few of the crafts.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Quote Originally Posted by orrinb1969 View Post

the fishing one that has foraging mats added in along with 2 plat of vendor mats?
    the survival one that has a foraging ingredients & no meat or fish, and also with expensive vendor mats?

If your talking about that 28 slot Nightmare Tide bag the ingredients were ludicrous to start with and it's still way more cost effective to make Empyrean Bags.

NT crafting dailys are NOT WORTH THE TROUBLE! you LOOSE plat every time you do one, and the items you are buying with those crafting marks barely sell, and after you factor in the cost of ingredients, your profits are minimal at best.

I've been crafting in MMO's since 1998. Right now I am not participating in anything that cost marks, because quite frankly I feel like I am being shook down for plat every time a new recipe is released. This is the FIRST time in 17 years I have felt that way.

I honestly am not trying to sound like a troll or like I am whining over the costs, but honestly, the grifting of the crafting community is getting ridiculous. Also, I do not know what you have on the whiteboard out there, or what hoops you have to jump through yourself, so I may be unfair in what I am saying, but all I can do is say things from what I observe, and what I see is quite frankly making me sick.
    The grieving of the crafting community is getting ridiculous

Exactly this.

I want refund of all those marks I spent on amenders and similar recipes for things that sell under cost of mats if they sell at all.
    You broke PvP now all you have is unwilling gear grinders slacking in warfronts. You broke crafting to the point of not being worth even time least effort and abysmal cost of mats required. The pinnacle of crafting reward is raid gear?!? Do you really think only raiders are going to pay your bills with this kind of exclusive game development? I truly doubt that. I am sick as well.

if you had to buy extra materials to fill in whats missing for any of the crafting quests, you notice all prices almost triples and more in the AH. I went out farming mats too, and sarleaf was more scarce than ore deposits 2 to 1. Thats just the state of the market right now, some of it cant be helped but the Sarleaf discussion has been going on for weeks now with no visible fix.

I'm with orrinb1969 on this, might as well just spork me in the eye and call it a day.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

Soulwalker

Default TY for asking us and keeping us informed

i also am a crafting nut, but find that alot of the pattern/rec from craft vendors stop @ 375, I'd like to see more 450 available ty again

Quote Originally Posted by Dahbee View Post
    I'm with orrinb1969 on this, might as well just spork me in the eye and call it a day.
    Oh they did that allright. Rendered all our previously dyed wardrobe items unusable without single warning, on top of all things.

All this patch was apparently intended for is to squeeze cash out of us plain and simple.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    Oh they did that allright. Rendered all our previously dyed wardrobe items unusable without single warning, on top of all things.

All this patch was apparently intended for is to squeeze cash out of us plain and simple.
    CK there has been plenty of warning about this system be angry upset or whatever but this is a crafting thread nothing to do with actual wardrobe and the switch over Ocho also responded to the other thread you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by orrinb1969 View Post

This ... so much this it isn't even funny.

Crafting USED to be a good way to make money without having to grind out dungeons that you are massively over-powered for. You can make about 100p an hour (or 400p a day per character) doing EASY stuff like GSB and other old dungeons and chronicles.

Crafting now pretty much COSTS YOU upwards of 50-75p a day if you do them all and need certain mats, because certain harvesting nodes are either camped or barely drop enough so you will have to spend hours doing mind numbing harvesting.

I used to pride myself on having every single purchasable recipe in game and most of the quest drops ones, but honestly, as expensive as it has become to grind out for 3 different sets of marks just to get a recipe that is barely worth getting, all the while going broke doing so.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #447

We're going to be putting platinum back on the appropriate dailies, it wasn't intended for them to not pay out the normal amount of platinum upon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    CK there has been plenty of warning about this system be angry upset or whatever but this is a crafting thread nothing to do with actual wardrobe and the switch over Ocho also responded to the other thread you are in.
    There has been plenty of arguments against artificial platinum drain through crafting too yet it doesnt seem it made even a dent. I made a comparison with not just wardrobe fiasco but PvP as fail systems driving players away just as these nonsensical crafting changes.
    I understand you are enamored with Rift and Trion can do no wrong for you but please dont be biased to the point of playing forum police.

We're going to be putting platinum back on the appropriate dailies, it wasn't intended for them to not pay out the normal amount of platinum upon completion.
    I hate to keep stomping on you but the 3.0 crafting dailys have ALWAYS been a loss in the plat department, it's just risen to the point of ridiculous with the latest adjustment.

In SL I made maybe 100-200+ plat/week doing the dailys (you have to add in the cost of reagents, which are 5X more expensive now) which made doing the crafting dailys viable, but they also paid out less marks and we had double the quests. The 3.0 changes are not bad, but they are still pretty punitive in cost vs. reward. Especially since they only alow a single faction rep, and what you have to buy with marks is both expensive and honestly do not sell very well at all.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

I have to say the choices of faction on the crafting quest really stinks, only getting 3 ( of 6?). Furthermore, if you are maxxed out on factions (like I am) , then there is no reward except plat. Being near cap on PA, you have to ask, why bother doing crafting quests at all? I'd rather pull teeth than to save up Marks for the over priced Strands and other things.
    "Just tune in, turn off, drop out, drop in, switch off, switch on, and explode." TrollBait goes here.
    Dahbee's Law: No matter what gets discussed, voted on, or put into the game, someone will whine.
    Dahbee's Law #2: A good gnome is a dead gnome.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast