+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Okay, the crafting cost to make the new bag recipe is WAY out of whack. Please fix that. No one using common sense is going to craft them with the strands. It's too easy to get the old SL mats for a tiny fraction of the cost.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #422

I think the strands were meant for something else, but ended up getting into the recipe data.

They've been removed and should be showing up as such in the next PTS patch.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Yay! and thanks, Morticus.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Telaran

The strands were not the only issue with cost. The vendor mats and dust make it a non-starter still. It really needs to be a huge amount of leather & cloth (like 200 leather and 100 cloth), and small amount of vendor mat (a few plat at most, SL bag is less then 3 plat and this is 30)

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #425

Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    The strands were not the only issue with cost. The vendor mats and dust make it a non-starter still. It really needs to be a huge amount of leather & cloth (like 200 leather and 100 cloth), and small amount of vendor mat (a few plat at most, SL bag is less then 3 plat and this is 30)
    The goal with the bag was to allow players to use NT materials. Coin generation is higher with this expansion, so the 10x coin cost felt "fair" if that makes sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    The goal with the bag was to allow players to use NT materials. Coin generation is higher with this expansion, so the 10x coin cost felt "fair" if that makes sense?
    I don't know if "fair" is what you should be shooting for. You are putting out a recipie to craft an item we basically already have, but at well over 10X the cost. It offers no new functionality, no bonus whatsoever, but we are expected to pay 10X more just to waste some NT mats??

No. just... no.

I can throw excess mats up on the AH & MAKE plat, then buy a bag that does the exact same thing with my profits if I need one.

I honestly don't even see a reason to waste the plat to learn how to make the bag. And I am not touching that 30 slot that went up.

I love Rift. I love the game & I love being a crafter, but here lately I feel like we are speaking 2 different kinds of English when we talk about crafting.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

Telaran

as orrinb1969 said, the recipe is still just useless as is. But i am going to attack the "plat is easier to get" idea first, this is totally and utterly 100% wrong. Yes plat generation was increased slightly (like 25%), but plat expense was increased more like 1000%. This means plat is much more valuable in this expansion then it was in SL. This appears to have been intentional, you were trying to curb plat inflation. But the reality is that plat has deflated for this expansion not inflated.
    Last edited by Dorilton; 04-01-2015 at 05:27 PM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #428

We are making some adjustments.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Coin generation is higher with this expansion, so the 10x coin cost felt "fair" if that makes sense?
    Please elaborate on the 'is higher'... that only goes for a subset of players, in quite a few regards we're paying coin instead of gaining (check the crafting dailies and other stuff... been pointed out many times already). What have we been missing?

Champion of Telara

Another way to see the issue with the 28slot bag. Let's suppose I go out to farm materials for one Empyrean Bag. I need 28xEmpyrean Silk, 24xChiffon Cloth, 14xTruehide and 12xStripped Hide. I'll go and teleport to Hailol, then head out to kill some vespids near there for the Truehide and some Mutants for the Empyrean Silk. That should take me 5mins tops. Then I'll head to west Ardent Domain, farm some bats for Stripped Hide and Undead for Chiffon. That's another 5mins max. Then I'll head back to Draumheim and craft it. It should take about 10-15mins in total, and 4 platinum in vendor mat costs plus porticulum uses.

The new 28slot bag however requires a lot more time investment. Even if we ignore the cloth and leather cost due to already high quantities in our stock, and Dust of Void due to them costing less than 200 VS, the 18 platinum cost of the inelastic thread means that the absolute minimum price to make it a positive investment is already at 4 times over the min price for the Empyrean Bag. At the same time, the Strand of Arak requires quite a few days of workorders (depending on how many skills one has) which means that even if a player has no use for the crafting marks, they still need to spend a couple of days to gather those (whereas Empyrean Bag just requires 15mins to go out and farm).

I don't know if we're able to make suggestions outside of giving feedback, but my recommendation would be to reduce the vendor mat costs to 4 inelastic threads (4p vs 3.2p+teleportations), remove the Strands of Arak from the recipe and instead require 36xBolts and 72xLeather.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #431

It's changed.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rift Disciple

Sorry to be muscling in on your topic but just a thought - in my previous game (EQ2) as part of your wardrobe, you could have bags showing instead of a shield etc. There were some very pretty bags that I had to leave behind when I left and I mourn them still! Any chance of working on that idea at some point please?

While I'm at it - I like the crafting system in Rift. It isn't tedious as in many games and allows you to make some natty stuff!

General of Telara

Some great additions so far Morticus.
    Could I please request your thoughts on adding effects to weapons stack with craftable enhancements? i.e. weaponstones. Currently if you attempt to add a weapon effect to a weapon that has a temporary enhancement it will just overwrite it (or vice versa) maybe weapon runes or oilstones etc could add an effect themselves?

Telaran

the 28 slot has been changed to:

48x Bolt of Diaphanous Cloth
    20x Fabled Leather
    28x Dust of the Void
    2x Crustacean Oil
    8x Inelastic Thread

So 20 less plat now (still takes 10) and no strands, otherwise the same. Still a bit pricey in the plat dept, and I really wish they were better leather/cloth sinks (150 leather, 75 cloth or some such). Here is what things look like (@FB, not too scientific):

Emp silk = 14x.5 = 7
    chiffon = 12x.5 = 6
    Truehide = 14x.5 = 7
    striped = 12x.5 = 6
    S Thread = 2.4

TOTAL = 28.4

Bolt of Diaphanous Cloth 48x.05 = 2.4
    Fabled Leather 20x.05 = 1
    Dust of the Void 28x.8 = 22.4
    2x Crustacean Oil = 2
    8x Inelastic Thread = 8

TOTAL=35

Sale price on 28 slot bags seem to be about 23 plat. Verdict: they are fairly close, i may be overestimating the price on dusts a bit which dominates the price. HOWEVER, if the overwhelming amounts of cloth and leather are ever addressed it will blow out the price. They are likely still to expensive, mostly due to dusts.
    Last edited by Dorilton; 04-07-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Default please stop making us pay to grind

new crafting stuff costs a bajillion marks to get
    crafting dailys loose 2-4 plat every turn in
    you have to grind for weeks to months to gather all the recipies.

stop, ok, just stop.

I realize that you want to remove some plat from the economy, and that this is a easy way to do it, but the crafters in your game are tired of it.
    crafting is a loosing system. it's not fun grind, it's expensive monotonous grind.

I'm done.

no more dailys, & especially no more weeklys that cost about 300 plat to do.

I'm done. you have effectively killed the crafting game by pricing it to the point that casual play just can't support it anymore.

I used to look forward to new crafting items, now I just dread it. Looking at whats coming is like petting a dog that bites. Your always ready to pull your hand back before you get bit.

well, I've been bit enough. I'm not petting this dog anymore.

I am done.
    Last edited by orrinb1969; 04-15-2015 at 04:42 PM.
    Kendorath of Reforged on Wolfsbane.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast