+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

The game I came from (LOTRO) had craftable tools that increasingly shortened gathering time with each tier. However, these tools took up inventory slots, which I would not like to see in Rift. It makes sense to me that the higher tier you are, the more proficient you are at gathering, so, like you can purchase recipes to craft 20 of something in one fell swoop once you become proficient with that tier, you could purchase gathering speed increase for a completed tier.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Default New runes

When can we expect two new tiers of runes to hit live? Amenders are available for a few weeks now.

Also, now it is too late to change anything but I wonder what was the reasoning behind making new rune upgrades so expensive? If my math is correct, you need 936 nightmare stars (13 runes) for a full upgraded rune set. That is 15.000 platinum just for the nightmare stars. For other required mats you will need at least 10.000 platinum more, leaving new runes out of reach for large majority of players. Of course, when new runes hit live, nightmare stars will skyrocket in price making the problem worse.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #378

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    When can we expect two new tiers of runes to hit live?
    The runes that are on live now are already at Raid power level, so there are no plans to add new Runes to the game at this time. For the time being, the Amenders crafted by Runecrafters are used as a component in belts, off-hand items and shields.

Not related to Runecrafting, but this is also coming in 3.2:

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    [COLOR="orange"]The runes that are on live now are already at Raid power level, so there are no plans to add new Runes to the game at this time
    I'm a bit confused in that case, because atm on PTS there is:

Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting-2015-03-10_210455.jpg

I thought it will be going live soon
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #380

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    I'm a bit confused in that case, because atm on PTS there is:

Attachment 22614

I thought it will be going live soon
    Sorry to get your hopes up! Those were created early in anticipation of them going live in the future, they are actually pointing at existing rune stats now. They are the same as what went live with 3.0.

Those will have to get removed from the trainer.

General of Telara

Sorry to get your hopes up! Those were created early in anticipation of them going live in the future, they are actually pointing at existing rune stats now. They are the same as what went live with 3.0.

Those will have to get removed from the trainer.
    I already have all my mats ready for 13 runes =(

I think you should still go ahead and add them in the game for t2 raids- I need something to spend my plat on.

Plane Touched

Are you talking about the duration it takes to "use" the harvest node to gather the raw material?

I don't follow you on #2. Can you elaborate?
    Sorry I didn't get back right away...grinding mats and plat. <laughter>

#1 Harvesting speed - What I was meaning was the actual speed of using the node, when you click it, the progress bar, grindy grindy sounds, then tada MATERIALS!!!! Even if the difference is just shrinking the progress bar down to half by increments from novice to savant it would be welcomed. I don't think I would actually want "instant" harvesting but after two years and nine professions faster harvesting for foraging, mining, and butcher by skill level seems a good way to reward people for sticking with crafting.

#2 Resource Tracking on the big map - What I was thinking was adding a "Crafting" information layer to the big map. Rift already has footholds, invaders, zone bosses listed across half the zoom levels. Push in to max zoom and crafting resource nodes if you have their tracking turned on? Gorbo reef brought this idea back up for me because it has the same problems as the stepps, and dendrome. Lots of "invisible walls" where the path to the resource node isn't obvious on the 100m mini-map but is even on the tightest zoom of the big map.

Anyway no expectations it just seemed like a good idea.

Now back to craft grinding.

Believe it or not, it's an issue of limited screen real estate that is keeping the bag size in check at the moment.

My hands are tied.
    more bank tabs can help this
    Sarek@Seastone Live Long and Prosper

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #384

I can't remember, didn't someone say we should bring back crafting weeklies?

omg, 400 fragements of horror.

That's a good idea.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

General of Telara

Is that 400 FoH per profession? Seems like a lot even if you could only do one weekly- pvp weeklies at most give 300 each. Void Stones seems to be a better choice for crafters since all the gear they craft needs them.
    Last edited by Accol; 03-12-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Oooo, Mort, that's great!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Is that 400 FoH per profession? Seems like a lot even if you could only do one weekly- pvp weeklies at most give 300 each. Void Stones seems to be a better choice for crafters since all the gear they craft needs them.
    I kind of have to agree with this. Void Stones would make more sense. But great, I'm very glad there will be weeklies.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Champion of Telara

Yes we want crafting weeklies!

Leaving the reward outside for a bit, I think it would be more engaging and interesting if the reward was special crafting Lures, higher in difficulty than regular rifts just as they were in the previous versions of the game (maybe even lvl65 major rifts) that granted the rewards on the opener of the rift and a small amount as "participation bonus" to anyone else who was there.

Regarding the reward. I hope 400 FoH is a placeholder (the fact that only 3 factions are there kind of make me think it is). Not because I'm ungreatful, but because I think this is too much of a reward and out of line with anything else we currently have. It would also cause a disparity amongst players who have more Professions than others. Void Stones make more sense because currently crafted gear requires those to be upgraded, but I can again see the issue with hitting the cap easier if the reward was something like 1000 VS per weekly crafting quest.

So my suggestion is to introduce a new item/component that is rewarded from these weeklies and works like this: "Void Source Accelerator piece - <insert generic description>. Combine 20-30 of those into 1 full Void Source Accelerator". Make each crafting weekly quest reward 5-10 of those, and each gathering weekly quest reward 3-5. In the case of having Craft Lures, each participant other than the rift opener could earn 1 of those (so that it still encourages participation but isn't too OP). It would work out like giving ~150-250 VS per quest to crafters without interfering with the actual VS cap.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #390

10chars

+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast