+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Well, from my end one thing that needs a drastic change is the drop rate of Risarian Minim. Recipes call for nearly 50 of these, yet they seem to hardly ever drop. If the drop rate stays as it is, then more nodes need to be spawning. As of now trying to find any thalasite or sarleaf to harvest kind of reminds me of those scenes in the news where there's hundreds of people fighting over five loaves of bread on the back of a truck and usually every shard is all but stripped clean of all resources 24/7.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #332

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Well, from my end one thing that needs a drastic change is the drop rate of Risarian Minim. Recipes call for nearly 50 of these, yet they seem to hardly ever drop. If the drop rate stays as it is, then more nodes need to be spawning. As of now trying to find any thalasite or sarleaf to harvest kind of reminds me of those scenes in the news where there's hundreds of people fighting over five loaves of bread on the back of a truck and usually every shard is all but stripped clean of all resources 24/7.
    It's intended to be a rare crafting component. The drop rate is 20% from all harvesting sources and possibly higher from the 10h minion missions.

Depending on how the differential data looks after a few weeks, we may consider changing the recipes to follow suit. These item upgrades are going to be on par with epic expert gear. As such, they need to be appropriately priced.

Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

I can understand it's rare, but the nodes themselves surely shouldn't be this thin on the ground? If there's anyone else gathering in a zone you may as well just give up and buy it from the auction house. I can handle low drop rates easy enough when there's actually something for the item to drop from. I'll gladly keep harvesting for hours

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Because Rhenium Superalloy requires Catalytic Dust to make, which was nigh-impossible to farm even at level 60, and is even harder to get now that nobody does level 60 planar content. I don't even know if it drops anymore.

SL mats are deprecated for a reason. Nobody wants to go back and farm materials from content that they already farmed for years.
    Apothecaries can make Catalytic Dust from the Major catalysts they get by trading in marks for the apothecary chests that you can purchase in Tempest Bay. The drop rate for the major catalysts is reasonable and I use this method to get catalytic dust easily and frequently.

I would post in:

Thread: Notice: New Allow, Distillate and Amalgmation recipes have been disabled. - Resolved

but it is locked because it was "resolved".

You enabled those recipes on EU too, although we don't have patch yet so ridiculous pricing is still there. You should probably disable them to save yourself answering tickets.
    World 1st red trinket - finally retired. Tnx for chronicles!

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #336
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eione View Post
    I would post in:

Thread: Notice: New Allow, Distillate and Amalgmation recipes have been disabled. - Resolved

but it is locked because it was "resolved".

You enabled those recipes on EU too, although we don't have patch yet so ridiculous pricing is still there. You should probably disable them to save yourself answering tickets.
    They have been disabled for EU till you guys get patched.

Now I'm confuses....

Blue amendments (for basic rare lv65 "ready-4-experts" gear) cost 10 GMM 90AM 35MM...
    Blue amendment for trinket costs 75 GMM 1000AM 250MM... for the same type of upgrade...

Illogical... even earings fell into the "10 GMM 90AM 35MM" amendment area...

The higher amendments get stupidly high... even if you have all 12 skills and do daylies every day its only 76... meaning that for each top one it takes around 1 week, and its only logical that you start at the bottom of the chain... so its about one month per trading skills for amendment recipes alone... now imagine you have all 12 skills... 9 of those have this... if you are serious about crafting the next big update will be here and you wont have em all... and by then new stuff will be added and these sill become obsolete like it has happened so far...

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #338
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    They have been disabled for EU till you guys get patched.
    And should now be re-enabled. =)

Sorry for double posting in another thread, i think it fits better here:

Both the new mining recipes

Thalasite Dream Alloy
    Thalasite Nightmare Alloy share the same 20 hour cooldown

so when you craft one the other one has a CD Hopefully thats not intended.
    Apotheosys/Typhiria
    Genjuro@Typhiria Warrior HM Crucia, HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4, MoM 5/9 World 1st
    Miralda@Brutwacht Rogue HK 11/11, GP HM 4/4 World 4th

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #340
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by GenjuroK View Post
    Sorry for double posting in another thread, i think it fits better here:

Both the new mining recipes

Thalasite Dream Alloy
    Thalasite Nightmare Alloy share the same 20 hour cooldown

so when you craft one the other one has a CD Hopefully thats not intended.
    This is not intended. We'll get if fixed up and ready to go live next Wednesday.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    It's intended to be a rare crafting component. The drop rate is 20% from all harvesting sources and possibly higher from the 10h minion missions.

Depending on how the differential data looks after a few weeks, we may consider changing the recipes to follow suit. These item upgrades are going to be on par with epic expert gear. As such, they need to be appropriately priced.

I just came back to Rift. I've raised mining, foraging, and butchering up to 440 and have never seen a Minim from a crafting node. In leveling from 60 to 64 I've found about a half dozen, all of them looted from mobs.

Do they only have a chance of spawning if you are max skill?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mathadon View Post
    I just came back to Rift. I've raised mining, foraging, and butchering up to 440 and have never seen a Minim from a crafting node. In leveling from 60 to 64 I've found about a half dozen, all of them looted from mobs.

Do they only have a chance of spawning if you are max skill?
    Yes. Risarian Minim has a 20% chance to drop from any gathering profession as long as you're at 450 skill in it. So if you have 450 Mining and 440 Foraging, you can get it from Mining, but not from Foraging yet.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Yes. Risarian Minim has a 20% chance to drop from any gathering profession as long as you're at 450 skill in it. So if you have 450 Mining and 440 Foraging, you can get it from Mining, but not from Foraging yet.
    Excellent, thanks. Was wondering why they seemed so rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

Wondering if it has been nerfed again. It is certainly nowhere near 20% as claimed. Today I have gathered 350 thalasite and 170 sarleaf and I have 41 risarian minims. Most days I am getting significantly less than 20% but today it seems incredibly low. (I am only gathering so much because inability to buy credits = I need to buy REX >.<)

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #345

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Wondering if it has been nerfed again. It is certainly nowhere near 20% as claimed. Today I have gathered 350 thalasite and 170 sarleaf and I have 41 risarian minims. Most days I am getting significantly less than 20% but today it seems incredibly low. (I am only gathering so much because inability to buy credits = I need to buy REX >.<)
    No more changes to my knowledge.

Is your skill @ 450 for both the plant foraging and mining?
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast