+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Telaran

One other comment is i don't see a big cloth sink in there, at least there is a leather sink though. We really need something to use up all the cloth filling our banks...

Champion of Telara

[QUOTE=Dorilton;5008212]
    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Why would it be?

Because Rhenium is an SL mat...
    And (I'll have to look at the materials again) requires a crafting mat itself that uses marks that are no longer really earned in game.

Why would it be?
    Because Rhenium Superalloy requires Catalytic Dust to make, which was nigh-impossible to farm even at level 60, and is even harder to get now that nobody does level 60 planar content. I don't even know if it drops anymore.

SL mats are deprecated for a reason. Nobody wants to go back and farm materials from content that they already farmed for years.

Telaran

I trashed all my old SL mats Didn't think I would need them since the old crafting dailies are gone.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #305

If this is too problematic, we can always change the recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Edit: See a typo: "Solidifed Nightmare" quest item for Dream Weaver daily should be "Solidified Nightmare" as per quest text.
    Fixed. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Will the trinkets have procs when fully upgraded?
    They sure will!
    Last edited by Morticus; 02-12-2015 at 02:07 PM.

[COLOR="orange"]If this is too problematic, we can always change the recipe.
    Quite frankly, recipes just need to require Nightmare Tide mats. The basic mats, not the uncommon/rare ones-- the prices are at rock-bottom because you get so many of them and there's so little use. Diaphanous Cloth, for instance, is basically worthless, and it's not alone in that.

Trying to drive up the value of SL mats makes very little sense, since there's already more demand than supply for them-- people use them while leveling, and very few people farm them. By contrast, there are way more NT crafting materials than people actually use.

The economy needs ways to use up the basic NT materials that doesn't also require the uncommon materials, because currently, everyone is drowning in basic materials.
    Last edited by Muspel; 02-12-2015 at 01:57 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #307

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Trying to drive up the value of SL mats makes very little sense.
    Driving up the price might be a consequence, but wasn't the intent. It was done for flavor and nothing more since the materials in Nightmare Tide are fairly flat and linear.

That won't be the case going forward, however.

Quite frankly, recipes just need to require Nightmare Tide mats. The basic mats, not the uncommon/rare ones-- the prices are at rock-bottom because you get so many of them and there's so little use. Diaphanous Cloth, for instance, is basically worthless, and it's not alone in that.

Trying to drive up the value of SL mats makes very little sense, since there's already more demand than supply for them-- people use them while leveling, and very few people farm them. By contrast, there are way more NT crafting materials than people actually use.

The economy needs ways to use up the basic NT materials that doesn't also require the uncommon materials, because currently, everyone is drowning in basic materials.
    I could not agree more. I thought part of the purpose behind new recipes was to serve as a mat sink for NT mats. We certainly don't need one for SL mats.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Telaran

Driving up the price might be a consequence, but wasn't the intent. It was done for flavor and nothing more since the materials in Nightmare Tide are fairly flat and linear.

That won't be the case going forward, however.
    I can understand trying to shake things up a bit, but there are real issues that need to be fixed with crafting. That would make more sense in a "fun" recipe (We need more of these) instead of a core one. personally i would drop the Rhenium, move the sarfiber from Lucid dreams over (wood for the fire), then replace the sarfiber with a ton of cloth (like 70 bolts worth, we need to get rid of it).

Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    I can understand trying to shake things up a bit, but there are real issues that need to be fixed with crafting. That would make more sense in a "fun" recipe (We need more of these) instead of a core one. personally i would drop the Rhenium, move the sarfiber from Lucid dreams over (wood for the fire), then replace the sarfiber with a ton of cloth (like 70 bolts worth, we need to get rid of it).
    Pretty much this.

In fact, I would say that there's no reason to add new intermediary materials in the first place-- it just creates more busywork like we have with the runes, where you have to craft a dozen things in between getting the raw materials and actually getting the item that you want.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #311

In fact, I would say that there's no reason to add new intermediary materials in the first place-- it just creates more busywork like we have with the runes, where you have to craft a dozen things in between getting the raw materials and actually getting the item that you want.

I agree with you 100%. Sadly, this just makes crafting not as interesting to a certain degree.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    I believe this suggestion has been brought up already, I didn't read the whole thread. I would love to see a new bag even if it has the same storage slots as the old Empyrean bag of 28 slots but uses the new crafting materiel from 3.0. Of course having a bigger slot bag would be nice Too.

Another Suggestion for bigger bags would to create a bag unique to specific crafting profession. For example: 40 slot bag but you can only put Mining materiel in it. One for each profession just like this.
    I would also like a bag for gear, artifacts,dims...

Which amender recipe do I pick up for rogues?

I agree with you 100%. Sadly, this just makes crafting not as interesting to a certain degree.
    At the end of the day, all that you're doing is clicking on the craft button and getting an item. Making it require more clicks just creates tedium, not interesting gameplay.

Short of converting the entire crafting system into some kind of minigame like FF14, the actual process of crafting items is never going to be interesting-- and failing that, the focus should be on streamlining the process wherever possible.

Nvm i'm dumb I missed the picture of the rogue dps/tanking trinkets lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast