+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #286

Sorry about the crazy pricing on some of those new amender recipes that went out today, those recipes were not meant to go live with those prices. The idea was to get them out early to let players get a head start on obtaining the recipes and crafting the components early.

Sorry for delay, been busy making this stuff! Here's what's coming next week:

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #287

Last edited by Morticus; 02-11-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Wow, Mort. Just.... wow.... SUPER nifty!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Thank you for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    snip
    Thank you VERY much for not making them Apothecary-only.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Can't wait for the new additions! Will the trinkets have procs when fully upgraded?

Edit: See a typo: "Solidifed Nightmare" quest item for Dream Weaver daily should be "Solidified Nightmare" as per quest text.
    Last edited by Jonus; 02-11-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post

Sorry about the crazy pricing on some of those new amender recipes that went out today, those recipes were not meant to go live with those prices. The idea was to get them out early to let players get a head start on obtaining the recipes and crafting the components early.

Sorry for delay, been busy making this stuff! Here's what's coming next week:

<snip>
    Thank you. What will the new Amenders be used for? And where are the "Strands of ..." mats from?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Thank you. What will the new Amenders be used for? And where are the "Strands of ..." mats from?
    Strands of Draum and Strands of Arak are from RIFT Store -> Crafting, above Coruscating Ethereal shards and Dust of the Void. They cost quite a few craft marks.

Default Wow!

Wow, just wow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting-shinies-.jpg  

Default Shocked

When most people were testing the combat and whatnot in the betas i was crafting...
    Crafting has been a passion since day one... and somethings I cannot understand...

> the 20h Cooldown

This one I never understood. As I craft mostly for myself... it strikes kind of odd that i cannot do stuff that I need and have the materials for... and have to wait almost a day to have all I need made... specially in stuff that is just basic... like basic materials (alloys, wood, hide, cloth)

> Recipe Prices

Not all players have tons of plat around to buy all recipes in Nightmare Tide... I usually struggle to get things done (main character has all crafting skills so its a lot of work)...
    The basic training is doable... but harsh on your pocket...
    The amenders... wow... that's another world entirely...
    If there was some logic in this it would be quite simple...

Rare amenders should be fairly cheap (or even a part of basic training) so all crafters can grab those with some ease...

Lets imagine something like this (this is just me making an example with some logic behind it)

Rare: 30gm 100mm 250am (no cooldown)
    Epic T1: 60gm 200mm 500am (cooldown 6h)
    Epic T2: 120gm 400mm 1000am (cooldown 12h)
    Relic: 240gm 800mm 2000am (cooldown 24h)

This logic pricing and low beginnings will allow every player to do experts at 65... and gearing up to raids fairly soon... so we can enjoy the game more...
    The materials for the increasing quality recipes should fallow a similar logic... like duplicating the quantities of the materials of the previous recipe... and adding some new...

Sometimes there is the need to remind ourselves that there are 12 crafting skills... and if anyone wants to master them all (have all recipes and be able to craft anything) it will take time... even at lower prices...

As for the new premium reagents... pick a currency... just one... its odd enough to buy reagents with craftsman marks.

> Crafted Items Limitation

Items that you craft should be upgradable to Epic... costing this or that from raids or dungeons... or bought with the same currency as the raid gear... competing heat to head with "found" gear...

One of my best memories that I have from playing Ultima Online was that the quality of the crafted items would vary a little bit.... basically within two categories... the so called "good" and the "exceptionally good" being the latter just a little bit better than the regular ones...
    Its just an idea... but a fun one...

> Currencies

We still find items that can be bough, but by currency no longer "available"...
    Either have a currency exchanger somewhere to convert between currencies by type (raid/dungeon/world) or change the currency on those items to match current currencies.
    The first seems easier...

In what regards crafting... these are my ideas... and my opinions...

And if my English is somewhat odd... please forgive me... I'm Portuguese

Lightbulb

I believe this suggestion has been brought up already, I didn't read the whole thread. I would love to see a new bag even if it has the same storage slots as the old Empyrean bag of 28 slots but uses the new crafting materiel from 3.0. Of course having a bigger slot bag would be nice Too.

Another Suggestion for bigger bags would to create a bag unique to specific crafting profession. For example: 40 slot bag but you can only put Mining materiel in it. One for each profession just like this.
    Last edited by snipebad; 02-12-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Telaran

Please tell me the Rhenium Superalloy in the Tahalasite Dream alloy is a bug...

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #298

Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    Please tell me the Rhenium Superalloy in the Tahalasite Dream alloy is a bug...
    Why would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    I believe this suggestion has been brought up already, I didn't read the whole thread. I would love to see a new bag even if it has the same storage slots as the old Empyrean bag of 28 slots but uses the new crafting materiel from 3.0. Of course having a bigger slot bag would be nice Too.

Another Suggestion for bigger bags would to create a bag unique to specific crafting profession. For example: 40 slot bag but you can only put Mining materiel in it. One for each profession just like this.

A unique equip 30 slot is in the works. Can't say exactly when, though. UI space is a limiting factor for the time being, but Archonix has a few ideas on this front.
    Last edited by Morticus; 02-12-2015 at 11:10 AM.

Telaran

[QUOTE=Morticus;5008209]Why would it be?

Because Rhenium is an SL mat...

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #300

Quote Originally Posted by Dorilton View Post
    Because Rhenium is an SL mat...

Indeed, you are correct!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast