+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Prophet of Telara

After I'd just finished buying all of the basic and avdanced amender recipies for all my characters' professions like last week So much wasted tedious grind.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Jeez Vladd - a discount on those is great, but I tend to think that's WAY too low now.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #273
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Akarrie View Post
    The basic amenders don't have a CD on them, have you added one?
    My mistake. There won't be a cooldown added and I updated my post to remove the reference.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    As such, we've lowered down the the price of the base amender to:

10 Grandmaster Craftsman's Mark
    35 Master Craftsman's Mark
    90 Artisan's Mark
    So those of us who recently bought the base amenders just lose out?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MagCynic View Post
    So those of us who recently bought the base amenders just lose out?
    same with those of us who grinded them out early on.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #276

Hey all,

Just a quick note letting you know that info on player crafted trinkets, epic item upgrades, earrings, new Amenders and a few new upgrade components is in the works.

Don't touch that dial!

-Mort
    Last edited by Morticus; 02-07-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Forgot the next tier of upgrades! DERP!

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    In the time that it would take for a player to acquire the tokens to purchase the recipe plus the cooldown timer, they could have easily gotten better gear from other sources. That to me seemed odd since tradeskill professions do require quite a bit of time and resources to skill up.

Sure, we want to have some pacing in there so that Crafting isn't the best way to gear up where you bypass other activities or complete tiers of gear but it shouldn't be such a large time investment that Crafting gets left behind. Path of least resistance and all.
    From what I see in game, none will bother to upgrade crafted gear but maybe a few of us who dont do group stuff. Because its not worth the time and effort for the result.
    Amenders are dirty cheap on AH and dropping. Took me over a week to sell one and what I got hardly covered the mats used.

Being casual, not caring for grind much and liking crafting generally more than boring dailies I can have zillions of amenders by the time I get void stones for upgrades and even then I am not sure its worth bothering. Crafting is not not the best way to gear up but the worst from what I see.

I appreciate the effort but I dont see how it will change anything. Those heading for expert instances asap will not bother with crafting much, those relying on crafted gear will still feel shafted. Price of NT hides dropped to hardly 1 plat a stack.......now if you could do something about that.....
    Last edited by CKat; 02-07-2015 at 08:12 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Hey all,

Just a quick note letting you know that info on player crafted trinkets, epic item upgrades, earrings, new Amenders and a few new upgrade components is in the works.

Don't touch that dial!

-Mort
    The proc from the trinkets are too big in general. It is like adding another dps to your raid. Consider keeping it the same and not over buffing the procs.Not sure if the relic procs are adding to the damage but they are pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    From what I see in game, none will bother to upgrade crafted gear but maybe a few of us who dont do group stuff. Because its not worth the time and effort for the result.
    Amenders are dirty cheap on AH and dropping. Took me over a week to sell one and what I got hardly covered the mats used.

Being casual, not caring for grind much and liking crafting generally more than boring dailies I can have zillions of amenders by the time I get void stones for upgrades and even then I am not sure its worth bothering. Crafting is not not the best way to gear up but the worst from what I see.

I appreciate the effort but I dont see how it will change anything. Those heading for expert instances asap will not bother with crafting much, those relying on crafted gear will still feel shafted. Price of NT hides dropped to hardly 1 plat a stack.......now if you could do something about that.....
    I use crafted gear pretty much exclusively on my mages and rogues - because the RNG goddess hates me for those classes. My warriors and clerics have plenty of good drop gear plus gobs of nice purples and oranges out of boxes. The other two classes - nope.

So I'm happy for the things my outfitters can craft and the upgrades available for them....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    So I'm happy for the things my outfitters can craft and the upgrades available for them....
    But how viable are those upgrades really? I mean they take a lot of grind to get pretty lousy result in the end, imo.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    I forgot to add that to the list, thank you for the reminder. It's on my radar for sure. I was talking with Josh York about a few ways to address this. While I can't commit to specifics or a timetable just yet, I want you to know that we are thinking about it.

Thank you for the suggestions on how to approach this.
    I actually thought the current way of crafting 5 things was better than the way you used to have to have to collect near infinite amounts of grandmaster marks to get access to the runes you needed.

But why not just make the runes upgradeable in the same way all other crafted gear is upgraded?
    OR, put in some slots in the augment bar for amenders to go into so if you have a basic and an advanced amender in the bar, you get the best rune out of it, if you just have the basic amender, you get the middle one.

Quote Originally Posted by CKat View Post
    But how viable are those upgrades really? I mean they take a lot of grind to get pretty lousy result in the end, imo.
    They're better than what's in second place (for me anyway). Works for me.
    Last edited by Narcise; 02-08-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Default Another Aura

The "shard of loyalty" green swirl and sparkles would be another amazing aura for Apothecary to make.

Apothecary is going to get to make aura vials, right? You already have the code for the VFX for the auras it's just a matter of amending it's time duration and what applies the aura.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

A few things I stumbled upon.

Fishing derby.. Apparently coming to the game for skill 376 and up..
    I do hope it is not to replace the current fishing daily in Choreburg.

Or make the derby to catch 5 special fish.. not 20.
    Fishing as skill is already time consuming to level up. I'd hate to spend 15 minutes daily on a workorder, while workorders for all the other professions can be done with bought materials within 2 minutes (and that is only if you need to craft something with those mats)

Earrings..
    I have not seen the stats on them yet, but I would like to see an option to upgrade/change the stats..
    Currently, that option is only available for the store bought fragments gear..
    But it would be nice to have that option available for crafted gear as well.. or at least for one type of crafted gear.. and earrings might be that item..
    So upgrade with an amender for higher stats or a combination of amender + ingredient to change between sp/cp/scrit or ap/cp/pcrit.

Amender recipes sold out... Not a good idea imho.. the amenders are low priced on ah already, getting the recipe any time sooner will not get new players that upgrade more easily..
    Stimulate the market.. give some more different recipes than just the basic tank or dps/heal gear. The old system with augments at least gave the option to influence what stats you would build up more.

Trinkets.. I still have toons with the old pvp trinket.. but without the upgrade item available in store, I;m stuck with that trinket till I get a new drop.. Store bought trinkets/earrings are either not available or not worth it.
    So yes.. crafted trinkets would be nice.. They do not necessarily have to be bis or close to.. but at least level appropriate and better than the previous (one tier lower) trinkets.

I like what I have seen so far but this is what I would love to see.

1. A awesome BIS or close to it upgradeable item for every profession that is BOP. This item will require tons of mats that anyone in the game can find over time. Can be ultra rare drops from old world mobs as well as new world combined with a quest line. Must be completable solo so no one is left out from trying to achieve this. Must be very hard to complete but doable if you work very hard over time at it. This will really reward people who have worked very hard on crafting.

2. Make usable raid items for every profession. Right now it is pots, stones, and food. I use gloves also but it would not be hard to make some other useful items for the other professions that people would want to put on.

That is all for now. Thank you for listening to us
    Legacy ReBorn of GreyBriar .
    Level 22 100% Casual Guild
    KuanYin Lvl 65 Warrior , GoldenSparrow lvl 65 Rogue
    TodQ 4/4, FT 4/4, EE 5/5, IDH 4/4, GA 2/4,
    DH 4/4, GP 4/4, Ros 4/4, GSB 5/5, HK 11/11, RotP 4/4, PF 4/4, ID 8/8

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast