+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Post 3.0 & The Current State of Crafting

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by orrinb1969 View Post
    what are the chances we can get some way to get Nightmare Stars that don't involve minions or loot crates?
    Runebreak epic gear of lvl60 or higher...

Default Another Aura

Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post
    Rather than a one-trick pony recipe like a minion card that can only be consumed once, grant Apothecaries the ability to craft auras, like the Valentine's hearts, Stars (similar to what trails behind Nebula), Sparkles (similar to the ones mage tanks emit), Smoke. Make auras a 1hr consumable, that stacks with other consumables and lasts through death.
    The aura that Marksmen get with the "Free Recoil" buff would be another potion Apoths could make.

Trion would probably need to create an option, that "hides other player's auras," to satisfy players who are offended by those of us with aura potions.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

Default Apothecary Charms/Talismans/Amulets AKA "Trinkets"

Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    We've been talking about trinkets internally. It's not an impossibility, that's for sure.

Apothecary though?

So, you take two liquids, a jar and then when you mix them you get a piece of jewelry?

Not to try and take sides here, but wouldn't that really fall under the purview of the Artificer profession?

Throughout history, an apothecary was the one who would make charms, talismans, amulets, you know, things also known as "trinkets," thus, it's not a stretch for Rift to return the creation of trinkets to the apothecary trade.

Hmmm....Perhaps, just perhaps, having Apothecary make trinkets would again make Salvage Planar Essence useful, The Trinket recipe could include the current useless/rubbish fragments that result from salvaging an essence. Making it profitable for Apoths to salvage essences, rather than essence salvage be of sole profit to Runecrafters, would then cut down on the glut of Capricious Stars that has flooded the Auction House.

Suggested Apoth Trinket Recipe:.

? Sarfibre (possibly Flakewood)
    ? Fragments
    ? Regent

A second thought would also be to allow Apoths to salvage certain dimension plants or to allow Dreamweavers to salvage dimension items and have the resulting mats be of use to Apoths.

You really do need to do something with the INSANE amount of dimension rubbish that's being dumped on players.
    Last edited by Zyanya; 02-04-2015 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Had a second thought.
    Excusing and tolerating disrespect guarantees it will continue.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #259

Okay, I get it.

Thanks for the clarification.

LOL
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

If we had crafted trinkets, I'd like to see them spread out amongst professions.

Why couldn't an armorsmith make a small enchanted armor plate that functions as a tanking trinket? An artificer could cut a gemstone that is enchanted to boost healing. A weaponsmith could make a blade that is a DPS trinket.

Really the word "trinket" is very loose. It's just any object that you carry around with you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for adding more to Apothecary, but making crafted trinkets specific to them seems a little odd.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Zyanya View Post
    You really do need to do something with the INSANE amount of dimension rubbish that's being dumped on players.
    I made a suggestion along those lines over on the "3.0 and the State of Dimensions" thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraiko View Post
    Go the augment route if we salvage existing mats. Something like:
    • Salvaging colored wood tiles/planks/rectangles/etc = "Paint Chips" (can be used to color furniture)
    • Salvaging marble tiles/planks/rectangles/etc = "Inlays" (can be used to color building modules)
    • Salvaging stone tiles/planks/rectangles/etc = "Textures" (can be used to texture ground)
    • Salvaging plants/trees/hedges/etc = "Hybrids" (can be used to recolor existing plants)
    • Salvaging dream/effects items = "Shimmer" (can be used to give the various nightmare/ghostly texture effects on stuff)
    • Salvaging building modules = "Prefabs" (combining a bunch of walls or floors to create one of a given type of house, like the Stillmoor Houses, the Barns, etc)

Maybe? Thoughts?

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    If we had crafted trinkets, I'd like to see them spread out amongst professions.

Why couldn't an armorsmith make a small enchanted armor plate that functions as a tanking trinket? An artificer could cut a gemstone that is enchanted to boost healing. A weaponsmith could make a blade that is a DPS trinket.

Really the word "trinket" is very loose. It's just any object that you carry around with you.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for adding more to Apothecary, but making crafted trinkets specific to them seems a little odd.
    Frankly, the other crafting professions already have plenty of things. Apothecary is most in need of a better niche, because potions and vials aren't used by the overwhelming majority of players.

Plane Walker

I find all this Apothecary complaining interesting. In the last 2 months, I would guess 99% of the items I've made have been either Survival or Apothecary. The other professions do have more to make, but for the most part, it's not very useful after the initial run through the entry level content.

Hopefully those other professions will get new recipes for better gear soon, but artificer is definitely where trinkets should be found. Apothecaries need some relic level potions added.

Aside from the dire need for different colours of pillows for dreamweavers (come on, red red and red? can you please add in all the colours as reskins and add the shop dyes as a sub item to the recipe?)...

...my apothecary suggestion, similar to the auras I see mentioned above which i also love, are a wider variety of AOE flasks like the bomb ones, but, specifically for fun and flavour such as, an area of mist, an area of water, an area of snow, fire, etc. Live, open world, effects. As a lover of roleplay I would adore this but it would also be great fun for non roleplayers who just like to socialize and/or have fun.

an example : Flask of the Howling Glacier (creates a 30 foot blowing snowstorm that lasts for X number of minutes in the target area)

beyond that : invisibility potion (not really invisible such as stealth, but translucent for 'fun' pretend stealth play), flying ointment (not really flying but could grant the player a hover effect as though they were on one of the hovering mounts), tincture of transformation (random polymorph effect and/or gender swap)

maybe even lesser, weaker (shorter duration) flasks that grant similar boons to the pones bought in shop? ie: artifact tracking, but, it would only last 5 minutes?

There are many ideas if you move away from purely a raid/gearing heavy mentality and look toward creativity and fun
    Last edited by spectra-prism; 02-04-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Shadowlander

Default Dreamweaving Daily

So I noticed, at least so far, there is no dreamweaving daily being given out in Draumheim. I've only just progressed to 380 in that profession, but other crafting dailies showed up pretty quick.

Surely there has to be a need for dreamweaving in the Dream City, don'tcha think? Kinda like the need for a fishing daily in the Plane of Water... >8-)

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Feindyr View Post
    So I noticed, at least so far, there is no dreamweaving daily being given out in Draumheim. I've only just progressed to 380 in that profession, but other crafting dailies showed up pretty quick.

Surely there has to be a need for dreamweaving in the Dream City, don'tcha think? Kinda like the need for a fishing daily in the Plane of Water... >8-)

Thanks for reading!
    There hasn't ever been a DW daily/weekly, and IIRC Daglar or someone said that they aren't planning any.... It may have been in the forum somewhere, but I didn't have much luck finding it this morning, so maybe it was on twitter or something.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Telaran

I agree to trinkets for apoths. I make almost nothing currently on my apoth. Trinkets could use (pelegic sp?)shards from breaking down essences since the skill is already in game and working but no use for the mats,

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #268
    Rift Team

Default Design Change: Base Amender Recipe Cost

Hi everyone!

Some of you might know me from the class forums but I'll be popping in over here from time to time to update you on some of the changes coming down the pipe for Crafting and Tradeskills in addition to what Morticus does already. We've got a lot of cool changes coming but I'm gonna leave that up to Morticus to give you the full details!

The change I want to talk about today is to the base amender recipe costs from the vendor...

As I was reviewing top end crafting, one of the items that stuck out to me was that the cost of the basic amender recipe (for those professions that have one) was rather daunting to someone who just got to 65 and skill 450 that was looking to craft some gear upgrades. In the time that it would take for a player to acquire the tokens to purchase the recipe plus the cooldown timer, they could have easily gotten better gear from other sources. That to me seemed odd since tradeskill professions do require quite a bit of time and resources to skill up.

Sure, we want to have some pacing in there so that Crafting isn't the best way to gear up where you bypass other activities or complete tiers of gear but it shouldn't be such a large time investment that Crafting gets left behind. Path of least resistance and all.

As such, we've lowered down the the price of the base amender to:

10 Grandmaster Craftsman's Mark
    35 Master Craftsman's Mark
    90 Artisan's Mark

This new price should allow folks to obtain the recipe fairly quickly and start upgrading their gear while being competitive with other sources of gear in terms of rate of acquirement.

Oh, and the pricing for the Advanced amenders will remain as is for now. It is in a good place in terms of pacing so I don't expect to change it. Feel free to attempt to convince me or Morticus otherwise though. =)
    Last edited by Vladd; 02-06-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    The cooldown timer will remain ...
    The basic amenders don't have a CD on them, have you added one?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Feindyr View Post
    Dream weaving has been added as an additional artifact sink (and of course the addition of orbs), from the beginning it has been made clear there won't be dailies or weeklies for this profession since it also didn't and doesn't have recipes for marks and such

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast