+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: crafting in 3.0

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

Actually, getting new mats from salvaging is intended.

Since we have some gear power overlap between Storm Legion and Plane of Water, your old top-level gear from Storm Legion now counts as Plane of Water-level gear. That means it needs to give you the new mats when you salvage it!

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Actually, getting new mats from salvaging is intended.

Since we have some gear power overlap between Storm Legion and Plane of Water, your old top-level gear from Storm Legion now counts as Plane of Water-level gear. That means it needs to give you the new mats when you salvage it!
    Crafting 2.0 purples for salvage armor/accessories/weapons probably will not be worth it because of the vender mat cost but since there doesn't seem to be any source of cheap crafted 3.0 purples, 2.0 crafted purples might be the best early source of Nightmare Stars.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    I won't question your motives; I am sure they are decent; but the reality strikes me as rather silly. If I salvage gear today I get one set of loot and when I salvage that same gear on Oct. 22 I get a different set of loot? How does that work? Was there some spell cast by Crucia that changed the gear while no one was looking on the 21st?

My own view is that if you really want top gear from 2.0 to have some value in 3.0 then allow it to be turned in to a vendor for void stones or crafting marks. That makes more sense than some magical transmutation of materials.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ethmar View Post
    I won't question your motives; I am sure they are decent; but the reality strikes me as rather silly. If I salvage gear today I get one set of loot and when I salvage that same gear on Oct. 22 I get a different set of loot? How does that work? Was there some spell cast by Crucia that changed the gear while no one was looking on the 21st?

My own view is that if you really want top gear from 2.0 to have some value in 3.0 then allow it to be turned in to a vendor for void stones or crafting marks. That makes more sense than some magical transmutation of materials.
    You're salvaging your gear all wrong! On Oct. 22 you will go into the plane of water and meet some savant crafters that will teach you a new way to salvage gear into better mats.

Soulwalker

Default 3.0 Crafting Guide - Nightmare Tide Crafting Guide

If anyone is looking for crafting guides, my guild has put together guides for all of the trade skills (other than gathering) for Nightmare Tide (3.0). There are guides if you are using boosts (skill spheres/patron/journeyman boosts) and if you are not using boosts.

Feel free to check them out. They are under the 'Guides' Tab on our main page - www.fireandiceguild.com.

Thanks and hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2