+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Crafting Interface Changes You've Been Waiting For

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Crafting Interface Changes You've Been Waiting For

Hello, Crafters!

We're working on some improvements to the crafting window. These won't go live for a little while, but I wanted to stir up some interest and let you know what's coming.
    • When you first log in and open the crafting window, the recipe sub-menus will be collapsed instead of open.
    • We're adding buttons that let you open and close the recipe sub-menus ('Collapse All' and 'Expand All').
    • The game will be better at remembering which recipe you selected last, so when you close and open the window, that recipe will still be selected.
    • Best of all, we're adding a 'Hide Trivial Recipes' checkbox. When you check the box, the window lists only those recipes that might give you a skill-up.
    Lisa Boleyn - Senior Systems Designer

Great changes!
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

Ascendant

Sounds pretty good, any idea if it will be possible to implement some sort of "mass salvage" for Dream Weaving? Although, I suppose it's not as big of an issue now that the salvage rush is over.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Hello, Crafters!

When you first log in and open the crafting window, the recipe sub-menus will be collapsed instead of open.
    Last edited by Gruntled; 03-06-2014 at 07:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

omgomgomgomgomg

Hello, Crafters!

We're working on some improvements to the crafting window. These won't go live for a little while, but I wanted to stir up some interest and let you know what's coming.
    • Best of all, we're adding a 'Hide Trivial Recipes' checkbox. When you check the box, the window lists only those recipes that might give you a skill-up.
    Hallelujah!

T
    Last edited by Tigsman; 03-06-2014 at 09:00 PM.

While you're working on those improvements, perhaps you could look into implementing a "Favorites List" ... or a bookmark system of sorts.

Where we can tick off recipes we want and it would show up in its own catagory sorted to the top.

Because, really, of the thousand recipes I have across all of the professions, I only ever really maybe use two dozen.

And that's only because I process all of the consumables supplied by my guild to its members.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

• When you first log in and open the crafting window, the recipe sub-menus will be collapsed instead of open.
    omg f i n a l l y
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    omg f i n a l l y
    Only been asking for this for 2 years !

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    While you're working on those improvements, perhaps you could look into implementing a "Favorites List" ... or a bookmark system of sorts.

Where we can tick off recipes we want and it would show up in its own catagory sorted to the top.

Because, really, of the thousand recipes I have across all of the professions, I only ever really maybe use two dozen.

And that's only because I process all of the consumables supplied by my guild to its members.
    No guarantees on if or when this will get into the game, but I've added this task to our to-do list for a future milestone.

Soulwalker

On the Rift store, there is a way to filter equipment by slot (head, ring, etc) and I would love to see this on the crafting panel too. In particular, it can be very difficult as a Runecrafter to find the right rune at level 60 with the great number of recipes they have.

Hiding the recipes that don't give a skill up doesn't help in this case because the recipes that give skill points are generally on top already. And it might also be the case that the only recipe I have a particular slot is a grey recipe and then it will be hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    No guarantees on if or when this will get into the game, but I've added this task to our to-do list for a future milestone.
    Just wanted to add to that, a favorites check box would be awesome, where would could just check box off our favorites, then click a different box to only show favorites.

Secondly, can you move quest items to the very top of every list? Its very likely the most frequently daily crafted items in the game.

Thirdly, an ACCEPT ALL option on the daily/weekly craft list...with my main having all crafts maxed (along with several guildies in game), this would be a major QOL.

Finally, when you go to craft an item, you have sub items you may need to craft (for example needing to make iron bars, to make your crafting daily). When you click the arrow to craft iron bars from the original recipe/design, could we have the option to do our 20 stack or single bar when we click? because currently in only brings you to the single bar option, when 20 bar is more efficient. If I click on 20 bars, then I dont have the option to return to the original recipe/design currently; I have to manually go back to it. I would like the arrow to go back to be both on the 20 bar and single bar items. I hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-07-2014 at 10:38 AM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigen View Post
    On the Rift store, there is a way to filter equipment by slot (head, ring, etc) and I would love to see this on the crafting panel too. In particular, it can be very difficult as a Runecrafter to find the right rune at level 60 with the great number of recipes they have.

Hiding the recipes that don't give a skill up doesn't help in this case because the recipes that give skill points are generally on top already. And it might also be the case that the only recipe I have a particular slot is a grey recipe and then it will be hidden.
    You can do that, kind of. Opening Runecrafting and typing "Helmet" into the search bar will list all recipes that are for helmets. Same with typing in "strength" "dexterity" etc. You can even mix. Typing in "Helmet strength" lists all helmet runes with strength in them.

It works for Outfitter to a degree as well. You can filter by Helmet, Chest, Feet, but not stats.

Woo! this is a nice QoL change, cant wait until it comes in... it cant happen soon enough
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    You can do that, kind of. Opening Runecrafting and typing "Helmet" into the search bar will list all recipes that are for helmets. Same with typing in "strength" "dexterity" etc. You can even mix. Typing in "Helmet strength" lists all helmet runes with strength in them.

It works for Outfitter to a degree as well. You can filter by Helmet, Chest, Feet, but not stats.
    This is great to know. Thanks for the heads up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast