+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing past 120

Soulwalker

Default Fishing past 120

Ok, I give. I have looked all over trying to find how to level fishing past 120. Everywhere online says to fish Lake of Solitude. But everywhere I have tried it is level 1 or level 210. Been around it twice. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks

I have no idea why people would say that. I just followed the normal zone progression. I fished in Freemarch for a (long) while and then I moved to Stonefield, then I went and stood in a stream in Scarlet Gorge... I briefly popped in to Scarwood but fishing to complete dailies had be grinding my skill up even when the difficulty was low. So on to Lantern Hook's pool it was and so on...

I haven't leveled fishing since it came out, but according to zam Scarwood should get you to 120, then you need Lake of Solace to get to 150 to be able to fish Moonshade/Droughtlands.

The reason you're seeing either a requirement of 1 or 210 is because you're not fishing in the Lake of Solace, you're fishing in either Freemarch or Shimmersand. The name at the top of your minimap has to actually say "Lake of Solace."

Somewhere along the south coast of Freemarch there are some rocks you can stand on to fish in the lake. Alternatively there is a boat that you can get onto to fish if you have an ability to teleport to an enemy.

Just make sure your minimap says you're in the actual Lake, and you'll be in the right place. Just need to find some dry land.

Ascendant

Follow the zones, it works for the most part.

Myene's old guide is here:

Myene's Guide

Soulwalker

That did the trick. I was not standing in Lake of Solace. Once I saw the spots to stand, I was able to fish to 150. Thanks for the help guys. Did not realize I had to find the exact place to stand.

Default just an addition

deleted........
    Last edited by steamant; 03-09-2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: deleting - wrongly read dates, it would be more than an exhumation

Just to clarify, you can continue to skill-ups past 120 by fishing in Scarlet Gorge and Scarwood. I'm not sure you can get all the way to 150 but I would imagine you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffle View Post
    Just to clarify, you can continue to skill-ups past 120 by fishing in Scarlet Gorge and Scarwood. I'm not sure you can get all the way to 150 but I would imagine you can.
    You're right you can get to 150, in Scarwood at least. I ended up doing it just last night because I couldn't be bothered to swim way out to the far side of the Lake and find just the right spot..

I ended up doing the same thing as well.

*If* you can get a little bit of a headstart on catching Droughtlands fish from 120 to 150 by fishing in Lake of Solace and having at least some of what you catch being Droughtlands stuff, I could see that fishing there might be mildly worthwhile, but even then it seems like more trouble than it is worth for most people.

Telaran

So many posts, but no coordinates? C'mon folks!

The rock and location you are looking for is at:

/setwaypoint 5682, 5902

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by FlipperPA View Post
    So many posts, but no coordinates?
    Well, things have changed since the last post was made..... 6 years ago.

+ Reply to Thread