Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Another Elm Timber Thread

Ascendant

Default Another Elm Timber Thread

Hope someone in Trion responds this time.

Elm is becoming or has become somewhat non-existent.

We all know that is the case.

What limited threads that have occurred to discuss it, referred to Ardent Domain's Witch area as a regular spawn area - spent the day there , 1 timber, in 2 hours , sorry, its like all the nodes I recorded while exploring all the zones while leveling to Grandmaster Foraging - dried up or spawns changed to Madrosa.

Please Trion, respond....crafting quests are calling for more and more use of Elm, and yes the AH is having a supply, but there are many of us who do not wish to live off the AH, and wish to do what we do and actually Gather our own supplies.

Either cut out the quests or bring back those nodes that used to spawn regularly with Elm , or increase spawns elsewhere in those large empty zone areas in Seratos, Morban, Steppes, Ashora; and even some lower areas.

Discuss please.......

Did you pull up the madrosa and they kept giving madrosa every time they respawned? Or did you leave it alone either cos it wasnt what you wanted or because you were not high enough to farm it out of the way?

Or was the nodes gone already? Its a heavily farmed area with an average amount of people there. Since it is so well known. I was there this morning, got my mats I needed for todays crafting and went to ashora to get higher end stuff. I left there with atleast 30ish elm, plants, ore what not, even fish
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I mean how complicated is stay outta the orange crap?

They fixed Ashora to spawn Frazzleweed... I hope they will do the same with Elm. Elm is required for high level dailies and recipes after all. It just makes sense.

Oh, and if they could also fix it so that Ashora humanoids resumed dropping Empyrean Silk, I could resume crafting and doing dailies on my Outfitter. Would be much appreciated!
    Everything's perfect about the past except how it led to the present. ― Homer Simpson
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

Personally I prefer having set mats in set areas. If I want a high level mat and go to a high level area with the purpose of farming it then it irks me if the wrong thing keeps spawning or being dropped. If I wanted the low or medium level stuff then I would have gone to those areas instead...its kinda a pet peeve of mine with the new system.

I dunno, the route i take usually yields me 100 Elm an hour (thats beside the other mats u get). Its out there, look harder :P
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    They fixed Ashora to spawn Frazzleweed... I hope they will do the same with Elm. Elm is required for high level dailies and recipes after all. It just makes sense.
    This.^

Elm gathering is awful and everyone I play with knows it rather painfully, or is quickly learning it if they haven't already.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kiralia View Post
    Did you pull up the madrosa and they kept giving madrosa every time they respawned? Or did you leave it alone either cos it wasnt what you wanted or because you were not high enough to farm it out of the way?
    Farmed the Madrosa , and moved around and returned and still either nothing or more madrosa.

Spent all day yesterday, returning and revisiting all my known areas of nodal spawns and nothing appreciable, excepting the noted Ashora Frazzleweed increase. Guess DaCommando had the luck that day .

Whilst the mid range mats are harder to get in the amounts you need than the other tiers and this does need addressing it does sound like you had either really bad luck or lots of competition.

The people who sell it in the AH aren't pulling it out of thin air, you know.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Chaszar View Post
    Hope someone in Trion responds this time.

Elm is becoming or has become somewhat non-existent.

We all know that is the case.
    I hope it becomes non-existent then the almost 1k elm will make me rich rich rich!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post

Oh, and if they could also fix it so that Ashora humanoids resumed dropping Empyrean Silk, I could resume crafting and doing dailies on my Outfitter. Would be much appreciated!
    honestly, they should of never had ashora spawn fazzleweed, it was plentiful enough already if you needed. Likewise, Elm is fully abundant. Anyone who says otherwise has been blind while leveling.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    This.^

Elm gathering is awful and everyone I play with knows it rather painfully, or is quickly learning it if they haven't already.
    Hmm, I have bucket loads of elm and get over 100 per hour when I farm for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durango View Post
    Hmm, I have bucket loads of elm and get over 100 per hour when I farm for it.
    With the other mats, I don't have to farm them. I just get them as I play the game.

Ascendant

Well, I didn't give it up; I continued looking and found some; and more than some; and actually found a reason why I wasn't finding my usual.

Way way many more farmers than I ever ran into in past months.

Still believe that with all the open world areas Trion needs to throw more nodes out and about, since there is much more land mass out there, than having a daisy-chain of farmers racing to known nodes around given locations.

Anyway, thanks for the inputs. Now for me and my insomnia to find a good time to farm again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast