Closed Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Atropus

Thread: Stats on crafted weapons/bows

Default Stats on crafted weapons/bows

Has anyone else noticed the stats on the long and short bows (good example) short bow has higher strength with phys crit, Longbow has higher dex with parry? Really? Why would I want a range weapon with a higher stat that is not my primary? My rogue uses Dex first, and no, Ive no use for parry as I do not melee.
    This is only on the weapon craft recipes as Ive not looked hard at outfitter yet cause my mage is ok geared atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I mean how complicated is stay outta the orange crap?

Seems to me recipes are missing- lots of recipes. I am very dissatisfied with the state of crafting, and this contributes a great deal to that feeling. Not even an epic wand or staff recipe to be found anywhere in the game apparently. I really hope it's Trion's intention to do a pass over recipes.

Of the the ones we do have, many are not even consistent. One example of this is sphalerite necklaces. What we have is a jumble of blue and green recipes found in assorted places (all should be on the Artificer trainer/recipe NPCs), mixed oddly between Lv55-56. In Rogue/Mage cases, the greens are pretty much as good as the blues, but in Warrior/Cleric cases, the blues are better since they have AP/SP rather than crit chance. At least, I am assuming the Cleric one does, but I have yet to see it. Perhaps it, too, does not exist.

The whole recipe thing feels a disorganized jumble in its current state.
    Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. ― Pema Chödrön
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

Sword of Telara

But, but... having them drop randomly from daily turn ins and extremely rarely from Experts adds scarcity value to them and... oh, right. Makes it to where everyone rolls on the patterns even if they don't have that craft, if they even craft at all, just to sell the pattern for 800+ plat, while simultaneously complaining that crafters are "fleecing" people by charging for combines.

The system didn't work in chocolate, it doesn't work now, and there needs to be better parity between available crafts across the callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    But, but... having them drop randomly from daily turn ins and extremely rarely from Experts adds scarcity value to them and... oh, right. Makes it to where everyone rolls on the patterns even if they don't have that craft, if they even craft at all, just to sell the pattern for 800+ plat, while simultaneously complaining that crafters are "fleecing" people by charging for combines.

The system didn't work in chocolate, it doesn't work now, and there needs to be better parity between available crafts across the callings.
    It works plenty fine for me. Run the dungeons, roll on the recipes.

Its the same in every MMO; you don't do custom orders as a crafter. You make what you think would sell, and sell the items on the AH.

Regardless of how much or little you charge for crafting with their mats, there will always be folks who think you charge too much.

I acquire the mats myself and sell only finished products. Zero headaches dealing with people. There's plenty of money to be made. The trick is to figure out what's actually in demand.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Plane Walker

Forget the whole dropped vs. bought argument. The largest PITA right now is the uneveness between the classes and there available crafted gear. Warriors get an epic +53 hit tanking bow, but rogues or clerics don't. Every other class gets a higher end cape than rogues. The Epic maul for clerics... The list goes on.

About the only thing they got even for crafting was the rings and amulets.

Soulwalker

Yeah I've been searching for a (dex based) crafted bow that provides +53 hit, a (dex based) crafted dagger that gives me +53 hit and a rogue cape that's comparable to every other class at lvl 60, but cant find one that's purchasable (not going to include the epic bow that requires 3 raid items to craft because that's just ridiculous). Rogues seem to have gotten only a partical look at when it comes to crafted gear.

Can i also say that having bought the recipe for a rare craftable lvl 60 chestpiece (truehide harness) and then finding out that its not as good (therefore will never sell or be used) as the world dropped greens is really annoying. Outfitters that bought that one got seriously screwed over.

Crafting recipes are a complete jumbled mess right now, with some items being completely useless, and others being BiS above raid relics (I don't raid, and even I feel like this is WRONG.)

Leveling crafting has never been easier, I enjoyed doing the crafting while I was leveling up until I got to 375 and realized what a mess it truly is. Recipes in dungeons need to be rollable only by someone who has the appropriate craft. There is no reason for some turd to make 1000p on a recipe and then wonder why crafters charge for making things for people.

Please, rebalance the crafted items at 60 to be Expert gear level, and not BiS over relics that people worked hard to get through progression. As much as I would love to get BiS everything just through my outfitting, I know it's not fair or feasible.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Closed Thread