+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Runecrafting daily mats cost is STILL a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocto View Post
    So what? I paid to train it like everyone else. Does everything have to be easy and cheap to make you all happy?
    Notice how NOBODY here is asking that the dailies be easy? We're all asking that these dailies not cost at least 10 times more than the other dailies. Regardless, if all 6 professions needed to spend 100p + in materials every day, that would be a disaster. Also, they are "easy mode" in comparison to the old Runecrafting.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocto View Post
    Then maybe people should complain less on the forums about what doesn't need to be fixed and maybe trion shouldn't cave everytime people complain.
    People had a right to complain about the rate of Wandering Stars before, but the change was overwhelming. Wandering Stars were TOO abundant before.

---

It looks like the Runecrafting Dailies both require 2 Wandering Stars per craft, down from 3 Stars and 4 Stars respectively for a maxed-out crafter. This is a really big change, and may be the sweet spot!
    ~~~ Wolfsbane(PvE) - Guardians ~~~
    Meatygirth ::: Mathosian Warrior - Level 60 ::: Tempest | RB | BM
    Throbbingblow ::: Mathosian Mage - Level 52 ::: Crafter Alt | RC/OF/AP
    Sharonneedles ::: Dwarven Cleric - Level 52 ::: Crafter Alt | AS/WS/ART
    Aidstree ::: Dwarven Rogue - Level 23 ::: Can't bring myself to delete this one!

Runecrafting has been a PITA. It's the only craft my team don't have MAXXed. Once upon a time I had a lotta wandering stars but no more. I break all the gear 2 gatherers bring in and still never have enough for my dailys. Fix wandering star please.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

This thread can really stop, now. They made a huge change to the requirement of Wandering Stars. Each daily requires only 2 Wandering Stars per craft for the 340 and 375 dailies. A total of 16 Wandering Stars versus 28 Wandering Stars. Much better!
    ~~~ Wolfsbane(PvE) - Guardians ~~~
    Meatygirth ::: Mathosian Warrior - Level 60 ::: Tempest | RB | BM
    Throbbingblow ::: Mathosian Mage - Level 52 ::: Crafter Alt | RC/OF/AP
    Sharonneedles ::: Dwarven Cleric - Level 52 ::: Crafter Alt | AS/WS/ART
    Aidstree ::: Dwarven Rogue - Level 23 ::: Can't bring myself to delete this one!

Quote Originally Posted by FinalValkyrie View Post
    Except that it was not a problem in chocolate Rift, it is a problem now. How was I supposed to know they would shoot BOTH my professions in the knee?
    it wasn't a problem in chocolate because you found a way around it. Use alts, use friends, use guildies, or play the AH are your options here just as they were before.

Your professions do not synergize with each other well ... that's the root of your problem.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    it wasn't a problem in chocolate because you found a way around it. Use alts, use friends, use guildies, or play the AH are your options here just as they were before.

Your professions do not synergize with each other well ... that's the root of your problem.
    One of our problems at the moment is that Choco Rift had cheap, easy items to craft (like belts and gloves) that took next to nothing in vendor mats to craft/break down. I never bought anything off the AH or asked for stuff from my guild, and I had two 20 slot bags full of crafting mats from crafting items in outfitter and breaking them down for mats.

SL does not have this option.... there are no more simple items to make that don't cost anything to make to break down. Perhaps it was intended to increase the value of runes and make runecrafting a difficult profession. We don't know, but that is just how it is now.
    Last edited by Sorrowbane; 12-06-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Takarazuka, Hand of the Arcane @ Faeblight ---- Guildless Mage and Loving It

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowbane View Post
    One of our problems at the moment is that Choco Rift had cheap, easy items to craft (like belts and gloves) that took next to nothing in vendor mats to craft/break down. I never bought anything off the AH or asked for stuff from my guild, and I had two 20 slot bags full of crafting mats from crafting items in outfitter and breaking them down for mats.

SL does not have this option.... there are no more simple items to make that don't cost anything to make to break down. Perhaps it was intended to increase the value of runes and make runecrafting a difficult profession. We don't know, but that is just how it is now.
    Agreed. It doesn't change the fact that those that chose professions that don't synergize well end up with the short end of the stick.

On release my main had no crafting professions. This was a concious decison I made, and as such was well behind others in terms of crafting marks when I eventually took up a profession. The reason I took on a profession was crafting rifts, which when released were a massive source of income, but not having a crafting profession, I generally was not allowed to participate (i could have leeched, but I wanted to contribute).

So was it Trion's fault that I didn't have a profession? No it was mine. I changed to adapt to new circumstances, or I had the option to stay the same and potentially miss out.

I'm suggesting that others do the same, or find ways to make it work for them. The new economy is just that, new. Items flucuate violently on the AH, one day a matt sells for pennies on the dollar, the next it's worth several plat apparently.

If you're really concerned, a knowledge of all the professions, hotfix updates, daily quest matt reqs and which items take the least reagents to craft will serve you very well. What I was using last week to gain RC matts, is not what I'm using this week ... things change.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    Agreed. It doesn't change the fact that those that chose professions that don't synergize well end up with the short end of the stick.
    Agreed, they do end up with the short end of the stick and, usually, the most out of pocket expense to level RC. They could always funnel mats to an alt and level a profession that supports it so it is not a total hardship on them. Though that would require a better selection of items to craft that are easy to use for gathering RC mats.. going back to what I was saying.
    Last edited by Sorrowbane; 12-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Takarazuka, Hand of the Arcane @ Faeblight ---- Guildless Mage and Loving It

Quote Originally Posted by Sonah View Post
    This thread can really stop, now. They made a huge change to the requirement of Wandering Stars. Each daily requires only 2 Wandering Stars per craft for the 340 and 375 dailies. A total of 16 Wandering Stars versus 28 Wandering Stars. Much better!
    If we are guaranteed at least one Wandering Star and at least one other RC mat for each item runebroken, things might be manageble (still expensive though). When you can runebreak 8 pricey greens and get one Wandering Star, this is not really better.
    Last edited by Shattered; 12-06-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #69
    Rift Team

Some more changes coming down the pipeline ...

After further review, we're going to be reducing the material costs for Runecrafter daily and weekly quests even more. Our goal for crafting daily quests is that each craft should cost you roughly the same materials as a single item craft. Runecrafter, currently and even after the first reduction, is still well beyond this goal. In most cases, you are going to get 1-2 materials per Runebreak, with no guarantee of receiving the specific material you needed.

In order to address this and bring Runecrafter back in line with the other professions, the quests will no require the following materials per craft:

At Skill 301, 1 of either Wandering Star, Radiant Nucleus, or Emergent Cloud (depending on the daily).
    At Skill 340, 1 of either Wandering Star, Spiral Aurora, or Emergent Cloud (depending on the daily).
    At Skill 375, 2 materials total, 1 each of a combination of Wandering Star, Spiral Aurora, Emergent Cloud, Radiant Nucleus or Branching Star (yes, there is still one Rare daily quest).

Weekly quests will be reduced to requiring significantly less materials to coincide with the reductions to the daily quests. We feel this brings Runecrafter much closer to the other professions in terms of required materials. As always, thank you for your feedback and patience.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Taleen View Post

After further review, we're going to be reducing the material costs for Runecrafter daily and weekly quests even more. Our goal for crafting daily quests is that each craft should cost you roughly the same materials as a single item craft. Runecrafter, currently and even after the first reduction, is still well beyond this goal. In most cases, you are going to get 1-2 materials per Runebreak, with no guarantee of receiving the specific material you needed.

In order to address this and bring Runecrafter back in line with the other professions, the quests will no require the following materials per craft:

At Skill 301, 1 of either Wandering Star, Radiant Nucleus, or Emergent Cloud (depending on the daily).
    At Skill 340, 1 of either Wandering Star, Spiral Aurora, or Emergent Cloud (depending on the daily).
    At Skill 375, 2 materials total, 1 each of a combination of Wandering Star, Spiral Aurora, Emergent Cloud, Radiant Nucleus or Branching Star (yes, there is still one Rare daily quest).

Weekly quests will be reduced to requiring significantly less materials to coincide with the reductions to the daily quests. We feel this brings Runecrafter much closer to the other professions in terms of required materials. As always, thank you for your feedback and patience.
    About time. So many complaints on how Runecrafting is so stupid expensive.

I just wished this was worked on much earlier.

Soulwalker

How about giving us craftable items that don't require vendor mats? This is where the majority of the costs are coming from.

Either I am unbelievably unlucky or something is still broken. I just crafted and broke 13 items for ONE lousy wandering star. What an incredible waste of time.

MUCH better! Thanks for continuing to listen and evaluate in order to get this somewhere reasonable!
    Guild Leader of Alpha Legion, Evil Prankster, and Killer of Critters

Rift Master

Sooooo much better, thank you. I've given up on RC dailies lately because they're just not worth the cost. This should definitely put Runecrafter where it should be relative to other professions.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfiii View Post
    How about giving us craftable items that don't require vendor mats? This is where the majority of the costs are coming from.
    Really? Most I've ever needed is maybe 12 Empyreal Essences, which is 2p40g. Hardly breaking the bank, and there is a chance at epic level materials from the bags which more than cover the expense of a whole weeks worth of dailies.
    Click here for Gear Lists for every class!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast