Closed Thread

Thread: Butchering/cloth drop rates

Default Butchering/cloth drop rates

Before hotfix 3, in 1 hour I was getting a nice variation of truehide, dense hide, and striped hide. After hotfix 3, in 1 hour I got 31 striped, 1 dense hide, and 3 truehide. Same with cloth. loads of chiffon, no lanzan (again), and 1 empyreal silk.

Most of my outfitter recipe's call for lanzan and dense... Anyone else notice any of these fluctuations?

Developer stated somewhere on this forum that the cloth/leather drops were being redistributed across level mobs. So, that sounds about right.
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Developer stated somewhere on this forum that the cloth/leather drops were being redistributed across level mobs. So, that sounds about right.
    ok.. so, striped leather drops from lv 57-59? truehide 60 only? dense hide? would make sense if that was the case, when I said nice spread, it really was a nice spread. especially skinning at lv 51. good to know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Simnir View Post
    ok.. so, striped leather drops from lv 57-59? truehide 60 only? dense hide? would make sense if that was the case, when I said nice spread, it really was a nice spread. especially skinning at lv 51. good to know, thanks.
    Dev post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Taleen View Post
    I did a pass on the Butchering tables today and bumped them back up a little bit.

You should have a smooth progression from 290-360. And then a little bit of work to get from 360-375.
    You should also see a much higher chance of getting level appropriate materials.

I upped the percentage from 75% to 90%. 50-54 mobs should yield more Dense Leather. 55-59 mobs should yield more Striped Leather. And 60+ mobs should yield more Truehide Leather. They still have a 10% chance to drop the other tiers, but these two changes should make acquiring specific materials much easier. (These new percentages will also apply to Cloth drops!)

Should go with the next hotfix.

Pretty much, before you got a mix of stuff, now it's almost exclusively limited by mob level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonmaster384 View Post
    Dev post:

Pretty much, before you got a mix of stuff, now it's almost exclusively limited by mob level.
    GOOD! Glad I posted the question then. I needed the numbers of what level, and where to farm. Thanks for the Dev post.

Closed Thread