Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Fish bots

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Fish bots

As apparently posting screenshots from the PUBLIC leaderboard is considered naming and shaming, I need to open a new thread and abide by the rules.

So Trion, when will you actively check the leaderboards and when will you actually investigate/ban fish bots?

edit: If you find a fish bot and you want to have some fun, type in chat "lure has decayed."
    Last edited by Ahov; 11-28-2012 at 08:52 AM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (World-Third) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First and only pre-nerf)video
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Why is this important? don't you know they have other things to fix 1st?

like clerics being the lowest on the DPS list
    and Warrior tanks sucking?

[Edit]
    Last edited by Thorne25; 11-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
    User received an infraction for this post
    Founder and Leader of <Realm Guardians> on Graybriar
    Karolek Rogue L60 / R52 Defiant
    HK 11/11 | ID 8/8 | PF 4/4 | TotDQ 4/4 | FT 4/4 | EE 4/5

Hrmm....I could of sworn all the pictures I saw posted had All names Crossed out and unseen..
    However I would like to point out that I for one would rather see the BOTS outted and punished then protected by some stupid forum rule about showing names on the forums...
    It so blatenly obvious they are Bots anymnore, and seems as tho there is no real punishment it appears that I see even more of an increase in botting..

I don't know about tassel tales or whatever but I think I learned today that fishing bots can get max faction rep way faster than me questing and fighting. Something way wrong about that.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 60/90 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 60/80 Kelari Magician; Gitana GM Apothecary/Outfitter/Artificer
    Carmelita 60/57 Eth Rogue; Hija 35 Kelari Rogue; Estancia GM Runes/Weapons/Armor; Chula 60/80 Kelari Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post

[Edit]
    Im sorry but this comment is completly ridiculous to even post... Why is it important..Well lets check econmy issues first...
    Secondly You cant tell me that it take a WHOLE team of devs to just radnomly pop in and check populated fishing holes..
    Last edited by Thorne25; 11-28-2012 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Remoived last comment

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by daphat79 View Post

[Edit]
    1. If you think their designers need to actively work on banning bots, you should think again.

2. "Tattle tale?" LOL ok. How about an even playing field for competition. Just like NQ's Maelforge was revoked for consumable stacking, any guild abusing fish bots + all the rep/platinium that includes, should have an asterisk next to their kills because they cheated.

3. As another side effect, the huge influx of platinum to fish bots (generated from the treasure chests) LOWERS the value of platinum for everyone else, including those who legitimately earned it. It's unfair.
    Last edited by Thorne25; 11-28-2012 at 10:01 AM.
    4/4 Grim Awakening (US-First) 3/3 Infinity Gate (World-First) 5/5 Planebreaker Bastion (World-First)
    Legendary Pokemon Captured: Greenscale (World-First) Akylios (World-Third) Laethys (World-First) Maelforge (World-First and only pre-nerf)video
    Officer of <Vendetta>

Plane Touched

Ahov does have valid points, no need to hate on his posts for this. A simple start from Trion would be to remove the "reel it in" text. At the very least this would annihilate some functionality of the current scripting systems that are used.
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

Ascendant

Seriously Trion, is it really that hard?

Fish bots-fishingcheaters.jpg

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies79 View Post
    Ahov does have valid points, no need to hate on his posts for this. A simple start from Trion would be to remove the "reel it in" text. At the very least this would annihilate some functionality of the current scripting systems that are used.
    But that would take away the fun of /yelling Reel it in! whenever i run past water

A better idea, remove rep from fishing altogether, and roll back any rep gained since storm legion started which came from fishing. I always thought it kinda stupid that you could fish for rep anyway - why cant i make tents for rep too?

Before anyone whines about their hard earned rep... sorry, blame the botters, they are the reason we cant have nice things.

This is a touchy subject since so many people do in fact abuse the system.

And it's not like you're calling anybody out since they've already put themselves up on the leaderboards over the last several months and given trion clear evidence of what they're doing.

At the end of the day though, I don't think Trion cares. I doubt they'd ban loyal subscribers even if their actions have a negative effect on other subscribers.
    <Undecided>
    Archemys: Kinosia

Looks like rep on turn in got nerfed (not sure by how much), effectively rewarding those who script fished early on.

Remember kids, exploit early, exploit often.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

I think it's too late to remove fishing-for-rep and roll it back.. it would punish a lot of legitimate players, as well as bots. I know a lot of people in Addiction spend hours mindlessly fishing while chattering away in Teamspeak :P I am sure it bores them to tears, but they still do it for rep. Anywho, I don't see any issue with providing other means of acquiring rep using other professions besides fishing.
    Always getting lost...

Thanks for the sig, Cupcake :>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Remember kids, exploit early, exploit often.
    Pretty much this. . . Trion has no integrity or backbone at all. SO you may as well cheat your way to victory through whatever means you can find.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Archemys View Post
    This is a touchy subject since so many people do in fact abuse the system.

And it's not like you're calling anybody out since they've already put themselves up on the leaderboards over the last several months and given trion clear evidence of what they're doing.

At the end of the day though, I don't think Trion cares. I doubt they'd ban loyal subscribers even if their actions have a negative effect on other subscribers.
    If the negative effect is people cancelling subs they will.

I could list a dozen people who do it, I could give you at least one person who has actively distributed a fishing bot. Trion could solve it easily - no human being can reasonably spend more than 2 hours fishing, set a 2 hour allowance per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    If the negative effect is people cancelling subs they will.

I could list a dozen people who do it, I could give you at least one person who has actively distributed a fishing bot. Trion could solve it easily - no human being can reasonably spend more than 2 hours fishing, set a 2 hour allowance per day.

You'd be surprised the lengths people are willing to go to in the top raiding guilds :P There are some dedicated people out there who will fish until they're cross-eyed :P
    Always getting lost...

Thanks for the sig, Cupcake :>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast